Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:33 am
alc

Got an error

Just tried to register and got the following error:

We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

Click Here to return to your account.
Anyone else got this error?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Give it a few and try again, it will take at some point
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: SWA A-List and CP Holder, HHonors Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by alc
Just tried to register and got the following error:

Anyone else got this error?

Yeah, I got it and simply re-tried right away and it went through fine...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:15 pm

I think, this is a great offer! But I have question.

Having just booked 8 nights at a participating Hilton at USD370/night.
This equals 29.600 base points in total.

According to this offer, I will recieve a bonus of four times the base points.

However, with reference to the TOR, "Accural of Points", section 11: "HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) for which there is no cap. "

Does this mean I will "only" get a total of 100.000 points all inclusive, or does this section mean, I can only recieve 100.000 base points - the four times bonus is not considered in this TOR section?

Hope my question is clear?

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
...However, with reference to the TOR, "Accural of Points", section 11: "HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) for which there is no cap. "

Does this mean I will "only" get a total of 100.000 points all inclusive, or does this section mean, I can only recieve 100.000 base points - the four times bonus is not considered in this TOR section?

Hope my question is clear?

Thanks
Your quote explicitly states base points. As such, I'd expect the limit to be to base points, not bonus points.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
[...] Having just booked 8 nights at a participating Hilton at USD370/night. This equals 29.600 base points in total.

According to this offer, I will recieve a bonus of four times the base points.
Please re-read relevant parts of T&C of this promotion (bolding is mine):

“Quadruple Points” means you will receive Bonus Points of three times the number of Base Points earned during an eligible stay.

Consequently, you will earn 88.8K Hilton HHonors bonus points (8 nights x $ 370 x 10 points x 3 times).
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:53 am

As lazy as I am neither a “hotel hoppa” nor do I pay for a hotel room for the purpose of accumulating elite membership status. I stay at Hilton branded hotels because there are a lot of properties fitting my travel needs to a decent rate.

After Minneapolis’ (^^^) leaks were confirmed, this promotion brings me 14.4% closer to a four-nights standard reward at any Cat 5 hotel.

• Do I like this promotion? – Yes, because I earn additional points on top. Independently from that: I never look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Do I make the most out of this promotion? – No, because I don’t shift any stay from another chain to Hilton to take advantage of this promotion.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
Independently from that: I never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Indeed. Well, these promotions might be rather enticement than gift... Anyway, if Hilton gives them, thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I like the new Hilton promos. Makes me re-think my switch to Marriott. However, the long and growing list of excluded properties concerns me.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Nice promotion - reminds me of the the Starwood promotion of last year first quarter and then one of last quarter... tons of points to be made... have to go to the middle east end of January... can make lots of points... now i have just to wait for the promotion of starwood... sorry... i have diamond status through my credit card... do not need to earn it. but starwood i have to earn.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:29 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Terms and Conditions state in part "Register and stay between January 3, 2011 and March 31, 2011. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at www.hhonors.com/more prior to check-in during the promotion period. ..."

So if I register now, but my booked stay is Jan 2-6, does that stay count for THREE nights bonus, or does the stay not count at all for the promotion???
Obviously, the first night would not count. But would Hilton consider the remainder of the stay?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I like this promo as it gives a little something to everyone. I always hated it when promos were always geared towards stays vs. nights as I hated to switch hotels just to earn bonus points. This style of promo works for me.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion, Avis First
Originally Posted by Zip
The Terms and Conditions state in part "Register and stay between January 3, 2011 and March 31, 2011. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at www.hhonors.com/more prior to check-in during the promotion period. ..."

So if I register now, but my booked stay is Jan 2-6, does that stay count for THREE nights bonus, or does the stay not count at all for the promotion???
Obviously, the first night would not count. But would Hilton consider the remainder of the stay?

In my previous experience, if you check in prior to promo starting, the stay will not accumulate any bonuses associated with the promo. Ex. I checked in the day before the Q4 promo began and checked out 3 days later with no additional bonus awarded.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
This wouldn't be too bad, but considering I see quite a few hotels that I stay at on the non-participating list, it really stinks.

I generally have flexibility in staying multiple nights at the same hotel or moving to different properties (actually would prefer not to move if possible!).
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:41 am

As Zip noted, the plain language of the promotion's rules states that registration for the promotion cannot take place any earlier than 3 January 2011 for subsequent stays to qualify. Although the registration landing page is already up and active, I thus intend, out of an abundance of caution, to re-register for the promotion on 3 January 2011.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.