Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
What benefits do you extend to the HH Diamond members since you don't have an executive lounge ?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Conrad New York has "Conrad Opening Sale" rate, code P6. (Only good on weekends, though.) Takes 25% of BAR until September 3. Not bad, as I need be in New York June 22-24... Plus double points! Hmm. Any reviews yet? And yes, we all know the location.
Hi SPBanker,

I have introduced P6 for special rates and I obtain the same rates as without it, for a weekend in August, ie. 249 USD+tax with prepayment.

Thanks,

pd - I just found it in the Conrad web. Also 249 USD + tax but comes with the benefits mentioned

Last edited by more4less; Mar 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm Reason: add comment
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:54 pm

As someone who does not know NYC, how is this location from the mentioned neighborhoods:

"The Conrad New York is conveniently located near Lower Manhattan's historic landmarks and popular attractions such as One World Trade Center, The World Financial Center, New York Stock Exchange, City Hall, Trinity Church, South Street Seaport, Battery Park and the trendy neighborhoods of TriBeCa, SoHo, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District."

Since we are taking an infant we are thinking of getting a suite here as the price is very good with the current pre-paid offer. Times Square is not an interesting location for us.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by view
As someone who does not know NYC, how is this location from the mentioned neighborhoods:

"The Conrad New York is conveniently located near Lower Manhattan's historic landmarks and popular attractions such as One World Trade Center, The World Financial Center, New York Stock Exchange, City Hall, Trinity Church, South Street Seaport, Battery Park and the trendy neighborhoods of TriBeCa, SoHo, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District."

Since we are taking an infant we are thinking of getting a suite here as the price is very good with the current pre-paid offer. Times Square is not an interesting location for us.
TriBeCa and SoHo should be within 30 minutes' walking distance, Village a bit further.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

TriBeCa and SoHo should be within 30 minutes' walking distance, Village a bit further.
In other words, while the area the Conrad is in is ok, you'd definitely be doing some walking to get to most of the more fun and interesting neighborhoods in lower Manhattan. And other interesting areas, such as Central Park and the West Side, are beyond walking unless you're real hikers (though one easy aspect of exploring NYC on foot is that everything is flat). Of course, the subway and taxis are another option for getting around. Taxis are plentiful, except sometimes 4 p.m. or so when they change shifts.

The Conrad is still probably worth it, given that it sounds like a wonderful hotel, unless you think that with the infant you'd generally like to be within quick, easy walking distance of the hotel.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Take a look @ the map linked in Post #3

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
In other words, while the area the Conrad is in is ok, you'd definitely be doing some walking to get to most of the more fun and interesting neighborhoods in lower Manhattan. And other interesting areas, such as Central Park and the West Side, are beyond walking unless you're real hikers (though one easy aspect of exploring NYC on foot is that everything is flat). Of course, the subway and taxis are another option for getting around. Taxis are plentiful, except sometimes 4 p.m. or so when they change shifts.

The Conrad is still probably worth it, given that it sounds like a wonderful hotel, unless you think that with the infant you'd generally like to be within quick, easy walking distance of the hotel.
For those who haven't been to this location, JDiver linked in one of my posts when this property was an Embassy Suites as post #3 in this thread:

Interesting bit of post

Now, while the status info is over a year old, the topography of Lower Manhattan hasn't changed much. This part of Manhattan has elevation changes as well as the challenge of dealing with the ongoing construction of the Freedom Tower and going east from the property will definitely have you climbing up some grades. Not terribly steep ones but you'll be going uphill.

If you and your family are used to walking everywhere, Lower Manhattan will be fun. However, I'd look at the weather when you plan to go since summer in the city can be brutal - once things heat up, everything concrete as well as the subways re-radiate heat and humidity will also affect everyone.

David
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AlexMktgMgr
Thank you! I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have, just ask
Hi Alex,

I've really enjoyed the couple of Conrads I've stayed in (Hong Kong and Chicago), and hope to stay at your property sometime soon. A very important question ... will there be any stuffed toys offered to customers, like at other Conrads?

Thank you!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
For those who haven't been to this location, JDiver linked in one of my posts when this property was an Embassy Suites as post #3 in this thread:

Interesting bit of post

Now, while the status info is over a year old, the topography of Lower Manhattan hasn't changed much. This part of Manhattan has elevation changes as well as the challenge of dealing with the ongoing construction of the Freedom Tower and going east from the property will definitely have you climbing up some grades. Not terribly steep ones but you'll be going uphill.

If you and your family are used to walking everywhere, Lower Manhattan will be fun. However, I'd look at the weather when you plan to go since summer in the city can be brutal - once things heat up, everything concrete as well as the subways re-radiate heat and humidity will also affect everyone.

David
Good points, especially re the weather. Even if you do like walking, long walks with an infant in the summer heat and humidity could be tough. You can always duck into a restaurant, cafe or museum to cool off, but especially with the baby it may not be the same as having the hotel room in easy reach. I guess it depends on how you feel you and the child will be trekking around in the heat (if in fact you're going during the summer).
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone, very valid points and we will be there beginning of June in fact so I think we will need to consider other options due to the little one we are bringing along. Without the infant I would definitely stay there, I don´t mind walking, subways, taxis etc and the deluxe suites look very nice indeed, the current promo rates taken into consideration.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, not to confuse things further, but in early June you have a good chance of avoiding the swelter that tends to descend in July and August. It could well be beautiful. But there's no guarantee.

If you do decide to stay at the Conrad after all, and if it suits your child's schedule, you might just figure on some time out in the morning and early afternoon, then back to the hotel for a few hours, then out again late afternoon/early evening. And, depending on how far from the hotel you're venturing, plan on some taxi rides and possible traffic going back and forth.

Now, having said all this, have a great time in NYC! Fast-paced and full of characters, but an incredible town. One of the world's great cities and well worth a visit.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:02 pm

The border where Battery Park City meets Tribeca is actually just a 5 minute walk from the front doors of our Hotel. It's about 4 blocks away. The Conrad New York Hotel is located at the most northern part of Battery Park City so Tribeca is closer than most people think. Whole foods, Soul Cycle and Bed Bath & Beyond Tribeca locations are visible from the back of our hotel, just across West St.

SoHo is probably around 15-25 minutes walking. Alternatively, public transportation is a 6 minute walk away as well, so you can take the 1,2,3,A,C,E trains to the location of your choice. These stations are located at Chambers St or at Park Place.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:09 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone, very valid points and we will be there beginning of June in fact so I think we will need to consider other options due to the little one we are bringing along. Without the infant I would definitely stay there, I don´t mind walking, subways, taxis etc and the deluxe suites look very nice indeed, the current promo rates taken into consideration.
Hello! I am glad to hear you are considering the Conrad New York for your stay in June. I just want to clarify some questions you had regarding the location. We are located walking distance from public transportation (6 different subway lines) as well as popular tourist attractions in Lower Manhattan. If you want to head to the Financial District or South Street Seaport but don't want to walk with the little one for more than 5-10 minutes, there is even a free shuttle bus you can take called the Downtown Connection that stops directly in front of our hotel, making frequent stops to popular Lower Manhattan destinations. Lastly, Taxis are available day and night and stop on all sides of our Hotel. Years ago, it used to be harder to find taxis in Lower Manhattan but I can vouch for the vast amount that are located here throughout all hours of the day now.

In addition to an increase in taxis, there are so many fun family activities in lower Manhattan as well as shopping and dining outlets. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any additional questions and I can give you my direct phone number.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Alex
Marketing Manager at the Conrad New York

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm Reason: bold highlight shuttle info
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by flaii
Hi Alex,

I've really enjoyed the couple of Conrads I've stayed in (Hong Kong and Chicago), and hope to stay at your property sometime soon. A very important question ... will there be any stuffed toys offered to customers, like at other Conrads?

Thank you!
Hello!

Yes, we will have a Conrad Stuffed animal available to our guests very soon. We are in the process of finalizing "who" the stuffed animal will be, but once we have come to a final decision, I will post the news on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conrad...82602418456448

Stay tuned!

Best,
Alex
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Hello!

Yes, we will have a Conrad Stuffed animal available to our guests very soon.
^

Decided to book a weekend stay in June. I quite like the area, and as Alex has pointed out, the public transportation takes you pretty much anywhere you want to go.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Hello!

Yes, we will have a Conrad Stuffed animal available to our guests very soon. We are in the process of finalizing "who" the stuffed animal will be, but once we have come to a final decision, I will post the news on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conrad...82602418456448

Stay tuned!

Best,
Alex
My wife will be staying at the Conrad New York at the end of April. We just got our monkey from the Conrad Bali two weeks ago. I'll be interested to see what the Conrad New York comes up with!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.