Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does anyone ever get room upgrades at Hilton Garden Inn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone ever get room upgrades at Hilton Garden Inn?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by BearX220
Do you mean the Overland Park HGI? I used to stay there a lot when I had Sprint for a client, was on good terms with the staff... the GM was even nice enough to let me shoot part of a corporate video in there... but never any upgrade or talk of any.
Nope, talking about the one on Minnesota St in KC Kansas. You were much better off in Overland Park as downtown KC Kansas leaves a lot to be desired.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mcgahat
...perhaps they made a change when they remodeled which they had been preparing for when I stopped staying there. Still sounds like they only have one?
Don't know how many they have. Does sound like a post remodeling thing, I'm guessing from the way the suite was laid out.

...as downtown KC Kansas leaves a lot to be desired.
I believe that qualifies as understatement of the day
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Nope, talking about the one on Minnesota St in KC Kansas. You were much better off in Overland Park as downtown KC Kansas leaves a lot to be desired.
I did stay up in KCK once when the O Park HGI was sold out. Nice property, nothing to recommend in the neighborhood. The HGI seemed to be the most thriving thing for blocks around.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:25 pm

Frequently upgraded as a Diamond to the University Wing at the LAX HGI. Never quite sure what I'm going to get, since the rooms are constantly changing, but have had some interesting stays.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
As a gold for 1yr and diamond for 3 I was almost always upgraded to "Evo" rooms but only once was upgraded to a Jr Suite at n HGI in roughly 10 stays. I used to prefer HGI for full double-dip miles on DL and better full-service breakfast, but once I started going with BMI miles for double-dip, I started tending more towards HI and HS when the prices are lower and ES when prices are similar. The bulk of my HGI stays are now similar to my Doubletree and Hilton stays... point-stretcher and resort points stays.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saad
very true....
ditto. I have been staying at the HGI City Centre every time I go to Toronto (5 times this year so far) and every time they have given me a suite upgrade without asking.

Other HGIs - it seems to be dependent on inventory. Honestly unless I am traveling for personal, I am pretty indifferent most of the time as sometimes suites can be a pain. I just want a good desk, a good bed, and a couch.

Now if you throw in a patio I can sit on outside, from my room, that is nice.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chissflyer
ditto. I have been staying at the HGI City Centre every time I go to Toronto (5 times this year so far) and every time they have given me a suite upgrade without asking.

Other HGIs - it seems to be dependent on inventory. Honestly unless I am traveling for personal, I am pretty indifferent most of the time as sometimes suites can be a pain. I just want a good desk, a good bed, and a couch.

Now if you throw in a patio I can sit on outside, from my room, that is nice.
being a regular guest sometimes gets you better benefit than having elite status....before i made spg plat for the first time, i was spg gold for about 3 years....my only spg stay used to come at this one particular property where i would spend 30-40 nights a year....i was always treated extremely well there & got benefits like a suite upgrade & a number of things for free which included things like breakfast, internet, laundry, etc....most of these benefits were not extended to plat members....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Always
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cblaisd
The staff there told me that they do not, in fact, have any but standard rooms at that property.
Some HGIs were built with only standard rooms.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:22 pm
mmo
Original Poster

Well good news everyone!! I was indeed given a nicer "Tribeca View Room".
I was first placed in a Whirlpool Evo room, which I had gotten a great
MVP rate of 160.00. The room was horrible, no closet, no dresser, just gloomy in general. I phoned up the front desk before we unpacked and asked
for a room with a dresser and closet, and told them "as Gold is it possible for a view room"? Well ask and receive!! The room I got was #513. Lovely and bright room with dresser and closet. It was like night and day to the other room. We had a fantastic time. The location of the hotel is great for the subway, walking to Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chinatown, Downtown. We will return there for sure.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:01 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Junior suite last night on reward stay in South Bend,IN.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:03 pm

Either Jacuzzi or regular suites at HGI Victorville, suites at HGI Reno and Indianapolis Airport, suites at HGI Terre Haute.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mmo
Well good news everyone!! I was indeed given a nicer "Tribeca View Room".
cool....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.