Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I don't travel for business, but isn't it (relatively) common to stay over Sunday night for Monday morning business meetings? It would seem more effective to encourage a Saturday stay instead, no?
I guess you are right but Hilton wants to make a promotion for business travellers(90/95% of their customers), which is an incentive to stay in their properties and not in other chains, that also have launched good promos.

Putting it on Sundays some of us here might be ready to travel a day before to benefit from the promotion, but would not do it on a Saturday.

Also a proof that Sunday is not busy with hotels is that rates are sensibly lower than midweek rates. Normally you do not have weekend/leisure travellers and neither business travellers.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I disagree about the rate differences -- I usually see Sunday as a lot more than Saturday night's rate.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I disagree about the rate differences -- I usually see Sunday as a lot more than Saturday night's rate.
Yes, but still much cheaper than midweek rates.

Also it depends in the properties. I have stayed a few times in the Hilton Guadalajara(Mexico) and the rates on Sundays were 50/60 USD while mid week were 129/159. Also in my last stay at the Hilton Reforma(Mexico City) I made 3 different bookings because it was the cheapest combination, and the lowest rate was the Sunday night.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Thumbs up

I guess we can all breathe now. Its true. Double Points, or Quadruple points for stays including Sundays... Happy Hunting!

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landin...EN7Print840451

Be sure to look at the list of NON-Participating hotels. ^^^^^^^^
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think its about time to put this thread to rest....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.