Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: M&M Gold, PC Platinum, HH Diamond
I was told that the new promo is likely to start on Oct 11th and that it will include double or quadruple points (no more details on conditions)
Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
According to HHoutsider the start date of the promo is 05/10.

UTA
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
According to HHoutsider the start date of the promo is 05/10.

UTA
that works for me....no hilton stays before the end of the month for me....
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by tomic
I was told that the new promo is likely to start on Oct 11th and that it will include double or quadruple points (no more details on conditions)
Stays starting 10/11 would make a lot of sense seeing that the 11th is a US and a Canada holiday.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:49 am

HHonors 4th Quarter Promo Leaked!

Hey all you point grubbers (a good thing)

I just got word of the 2010 4th Quarter promotion and it is absolutely EPIC!!!
Drum roll please……………….. October 12 - December 30, earn double base points on all stays and QUADRUPLE base points on all stays that include a Sunday. For a guy who lives at the Hilton TLV, I'm stoked. Best promo to date hands down.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BA_HHonors_Focal

Drum roll please……………….. October 12 - December 30, earn double base points on all stays and QUADRUPLE base points on all stays that include a Sunday. For a guy who lives at the Hilton TLV, I'm stoked. Best promo to date hands down.
This sounds too good to be true - I hope that you are right though.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I really hope this promo comes true. That would finally give me a reason to stop hotel hopping 5 days a week! After about 105 moves this year, I've about had enough.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA_HHonors_Focal

bah, naturally i have a 5 night stay at the london metropole, including a sunday, starting on october 10. hope the promo starts earlier.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
I really hope this promo comes true. That would finally give me a reason to stop hotel hopping 5 days a week! After about 105 moves this year, I've about had enough.
+1

I have not done so much but already tired of hotel hoping.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, HH, PC
That would be very welcome if it is true - I have 41 nights booked at Hiltons between those dates at the moment including six 5 nighters starting on a Sunday.

I won't be counting the points though until I see something official
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm not convinced by the rumours circulating at the moment - although I hope I'm wrong.

I have a stay at the end of the month, and with no promo I am due to pick up the following:

Base points: 33,420
Bonus: 25,065
Total: 58,485

This covers a Sunday, but even with double points this would be...

Bonus: 25,065 + 33,420
Total: 91,905

Is that correct? Triple or quad on the base would end up at 150,000+ for the stay, which there is no way Hilton would give out for a 6 night stay. Even if it's capped at 100,000, this would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:01 am
cjd

Originally Posted by MikeTaylor
I'm not convinced by the rumours circulating at the moment - although I hope I'm wrong.

I have a stay at the end of the month, and with no promo I am due to pick up the following:

Bonus: 25,065
Total: 58,485

This covers a Sunday, but even with double points this would be...

Bonus: 25,065 + 33,420
Total: 91,905

Is that correct? Triple or quad on the base would end up at 150,000+ for the stay, which there is no way Hilton would give out for a 6 night stay. Even if it's capped at 100,000, this would be great.

Thanks in advance
The 100,000 maximum points per stay refers only to Base points. The rule from the T & C states:
HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) for which there is no cap.
However, like you, I find it hard to believe that Hilton will give Quadruple points for stays including a Sunday. Hope I'm wrong though.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
that's a lot of moves....
Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA_Blade
I won't be counting the points though until I see something official
i agree....
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't travel for business, but isn't it (relatively) common to stay over Sunday night for Monday morning business meetings? It would seem more effective to encourage a Saturday stay instead, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.