Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Check-in agent can see your lifetime no. of nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in agent can see your lifetime no. of nights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pvolosin
I work at a Hilton in San Diego. Hilton's system is truly advanced compared to other hotel companies. We can see all of your past and future stays, personal info, "service recoveries" from our property (and other as well). We can also add prefences and special requests. For instance we have a guest who loves Cheez-its, so that is in his profile and someone buys cheez-its for him before he arrives every time. It is a great tool that allows us to personalize your stay and know how often you do stay with us. We run a report of all golds and diamonds that will be arriving the next day and get everything set up for thei arrival...upgrades, breakfasts...etc. Really helps make guests feel special.
I find that very interesting. I have been at Diamond level for about 9 years and have never been a beneficiary of that type of service, with one exception. My profile states I prefer a room away from elevators. But some times it seems the FD people think that means they need to find me the room that is literally the farthest from any elevator in the building. As a result we have been sent packing down some very long hallways. Mrs Notenut has not been pleased. Just as long as I'm not butting up against the elevator is probably just fine.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:06 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Notenut
I find that very interesting. I have been at Diamond level for about 9 years and have never been a beneficiary of that type of service, with one exception. My profile states I prefer a room away from elevators. But some times it seems the FD people think that means they need to find me the room that is literally the farthest from any elevator in the building. As a result we have been sent packing down some very long hallways. Mrs Notenut has not been pleased. Just as long as I'm not butting up against the elevator is probably just fine.
My profile also states room required away from elevator and like you we always end up at the end of the hallway. We like these rooms as they are usually quieter and you tend not to get the noisy passing guests waking you up at all hours.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by cjd
My profile also states room required away from elevator and like you we always end up at the end of the hallway. We like these rooms as they are usually quieter and you tend not to get the noisy passing guests waking you up at all hours.
I agree with Chris here. In my case I'm just getting old and have less and less tolerance for things like noise from other guests all night.

I am not a complainer but actually got out of bed and went downstairs to request a different room when we loved the one we had been given because of a party about 10 rooms down. I was told there were none and said I understand and thank you. But they sent security up anyway to calm things temporarily.

But when I can get those walk around the entire hotel complex hall to get a quiet room, it makes me happy.

I am very happy to see that the property also sees upcoming stays at the property.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Their latest IT platform is called OnQ, some interesting reading about OnQ can be found here:
http://www.doubletreefranchise.com/S...nside_12-2.pdf
http://www.hiltonfranchise.com/marke...n_brochure.pdf

Some properties still operates the old platform from MICROS called Fidelio (this is “offline” and sometimes generates wrong address or credit card information not matching the online HHonors profile).
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Wonderful source of information for US government agencies. If your Hilton profile meets their profilers you might end up at a certain Cuban Hilton.

Beside that: Not a bad idea at all, however, this transfer of information between indepentantly owned hotels is certainly not in line with data protection rules in several countries.
Based upon my numerous background checks I had to go through, I am sure every Government agency has my profile. As far as the Cuban Hilton, I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt and I can say that there are much worse places than that.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:39 am

1 - The word in the third column is Enterprise, which refers to the whole Hilton Family.

2- Big Brother is watching, and he wants you to enjoy your stay!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Notenut
My profile states I prefer a room away from elevators. But some times it seems the FD people think that means they need to find me the room that is literally the farthest from any elevator in the building. As a result we have been sent packing down some very long hallways. Mrs Notenut has not been pleased. Just as long as I'm not butting up against the elevator is probably just fine.
Same here. I have "Away from elevator" in my profile with Hilton and other chains. Usually the hotel understands that putting me a few rooms down from the elevator lobby is enough. That's enough distance that I don't hear the machinery clattering behind my wall, the "ding" every time a car arrives, or the conversations of people waiting. I do not need to be literally at the far end of the hall, though occasionally the FD thinks that's what I want.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by took
Me too! No, wait, Oreos.
A bottle of good local microbrew would be a whole lot better amenity than a couple bottles of water and chips, or whatever they usually give.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by pvolosin
"service recoveries" from our property (and other as well)
And that means what exactly?

My immediate inference would be billing for pilfered items?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: HHonours
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
And that means what exactly?

My immediate inference would be billing for pilfered items?
When something goes wrong, and the hotel does or gives you something free of charge to compensate- service recovery.

I use a program (in addition to OnQ) that tells me - if you've got a profile, of course - everything that you've mentioned you like/dislike. If you're more likley to respond to a lunch (eg, "kids under 10") invite or a Saturday night function ("prefers XXXX band vodka" invite.
This is even if you've never stayed with us....OooooOOoooooOOOOoo.......
Big Brother wants you to enjoy your stay indeed!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by cjd

I have the same notation. But it seems like very few actually observe my request. Or they are confused. I have often had a room next to or across from the elevator. And this includes hotels w/low occupancies!
As a light sleeper, I will call down and make them switch me. They can ALWAYS find a room. Hmmmm....
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:43 am

So, how do I "fill in", update, or correct the information Hilton has "deduced"about me?

I've got the same issue with Hyatt that, fo whatever reason, thinks I want to be out in the boondocks (high floor, end of the hall, in the back...)
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SWInsider
Saturday night function ("prefers XXXX band vodka") invite.
This is even if you've never stayed with us....OooooOOoooooOOOOoo.......
Big Brother wants you to enjoy your stay indeed!
How the heck would Hilton know my booze prefs?

Do these Service Recovery details carry through system-wide, or only for the property in question?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
A bottle of good local microbrew would be a whole lot better amenity than a couple bottles of water and chips, or whatever they usually give.
Second that idea!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: HHonours
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
How the heck would Hilton know my booze prefs?

Do these Service Recovery details carry through system-wide, or only for the property in question?
They probably won't if you're a guest. Sleep easy.

If I'm at a function or event with a supplier, event manager, etc etc, and they mention a preference for Grey Goose vodka, I remember this, and enter it into their profile. I might never use that information, but on the other hand....it might come in handy. If that person chooses to stay in-house one night, for example, I know what to put into their ameneties pack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.