Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I am willing to bet the OP is referring to MCO.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:05 pm

There is only ONE International Drive. And that is in Orlando.

Sorry, Central Florida boy here. Can't help myself. Have fun in redneck paradise.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I guessed it was Orlando ( and I'm from the UK).

I stayed at the hotel a few years ago ( in a tower room). The room was fine and clean, there were lots of swimming pools.

The restaurants were fine and the food quality was good.

You can walk to sea world as it is practically next door (about a 5-10min walk to the front gate at sea world.

IIRC they ran a shuttle bus up to Universal ( and probably WDW too)

Overall a nice hotel.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I guessed it was Orlando ( and I'm from the UK).

I stayed at the hotel a few years ago ( in a tower room). The room was fine and clean, there were lots of swimming pools.

The restaurants were fine and the food quality was good.

You can walk to sea world as it is practically next door (about a 5-10min walk to the front gate at sea world.

IIRC they ran a shuttle bus up to Universal ( and probably WDW too)

Overall a nice hotel.

Regards

TBS
Hi TBS,
I've been to international drive for 3 years on the trot this will be my 4th and wanted to test out the doubletree as ive never stayed in this one. Woudk you recomened it?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi oliveredmunds,

The hotel is at the southern end of international drive so a little bit away from the bustle of the main section of I-Drive ( although if there are conventions at the convention centre it might be busy.

It is ideal for Sea World and you are a little closer to WDW than being at the north end of I-Drive.

It is not the best hotel but if you want to try it out it should be ok.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi oliveredmunds,

The hotel is at the southern end of international drive so a little bit away from the bustle of the main section of I-Drive ( although if there are conventions at the convention centre it might be busy.

It is ideal for Sea World and you are a little closer to WDW than being at the north end of I-Drive.

It is not the best hotel but if you want to try it out it should be ok.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for letting me know. We mainly do disney and picked the hotel because it has the free shuttle. Would you recommend upgrading to a suite I know you didn't stay in one however is it worth it based on the room you stayed in?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:31 am
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
to piggy back on this... has anyone used the Doubletree in Downtown Disney? does it compare to the one on ID? saw a 99/night rate with breakfast... cheaper deal than the onsite hotels (help im getting dragged to Disney!). They have a bus to WDW too... means no car (unless I have to get groceries and go back and forth from MCO)
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
to piggy back on this... has anyone used the Doubletree in Downtown Disney? does it compare to the one on ID? saw a 99/night rate with breakfast... cheaper deal than the onsite hotels (help im getting dragged to Disney!). They have a bus to WDW too... means no car (unless I have to get groceries and go back and forth from MCO)
I have stayed in the doubletree downton disney It was good and clean however, I prefer staying on International drive much easier for restaurants a lot more choice and your not paying disney prices! Plus closer to universal and seaworld
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You can read some reports here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rlando-17.html
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:31 pm

You can read a detailed review I posted of the DT Downtown Disney on the thread that jerry a. laska posted. I've had two additional stays since I posted that review. Both stays were great.

A $99 with breakfast rate is very good for that hotel. Lately, I've been stuck at the inferior Hilton down the street because the DT rates have been around $200/night.

FYI: There's a grocery store in The Crossings shopping area on the other side of State Road 535. It's very expensive...but, it is within walking distance of the DT.

I don't know the shuttle schedule for the International Drive DT. But, the DT Downtown Disney has continuous transportation (twice per hour). So, if you get sick of Disney and the rest of your party is old enough to be on their own, you can easily get back to your hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I'm booked at this hotel for a conference later this month. I'm trying to remember if this used to be the Sheraton World location back in the 80'S? My memory isn't what it used to be, but it sure seems like the same property to me.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
You're right, this property once was a Sheraton World. I even found an old website of the property http://realpages.com/sites/sheratonworldresort/
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Muerz
You're right, this property once was a Sheraton World. I even found an old website of the property http://realpages.com/sites/sheratonworldresort/
Good to hear my memory is still functioning!

I will be curious to see it again, as I have many fond memories of the property.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed there for two nights as part of the Discovery Cove package. Really surprised by the property. We got a nice room pretty high up in the tower and my HH number was accepted and keyed in a checkin. To my surprise I even earned points on the package stay. ^

As gold they handed me 4 breakfast vouchers. Kids eat free, so we got real value out of those.

The location of the property is great in relation to the three seaworld parks nearby. Seaworld is walkable (10min) so you save on parking.

Parking at the property is included, during some hours the gate is activated and only opens with the room key or if you pull a ticket, at night they just keep it open.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Any experiences concerning Gold / Diamonds being waived the resort fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.