Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/Saket hotel {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/Saket hotel {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mot29
Bumping this up -- thinking about a stay here on a trip taking advantage of the DL $2200 RT business class fare sale. Anything new to add 3 years later?
damn....looks like i missed this sale....can't find this fare now....

i haven't stayed here for a long time but drive by this hotel a few times a month....don't expect much to have changed....
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
We spent one night here. Nice property. The Hilton Delhi is nicer, but the HGI is in a much better location.
I just now did a search on hilton.com for any Hilton property within 50 miles of New Delhi. There are only three hotels listed, none of which is "the Hilton Delhi":

I notice that there is no FT thread for either of the Gurgaon Hilton properties, so I shall take one for the team and book a stay at one of them, once I flip a coin in order to choose which one
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jalabi99
I just now did a search on hilton.com for any Hilton property within 50 miles of New Delhi. There are only three hotels listed, none of which is "the Hilton Delhi"
the post you are referring to is over 5 years old....there used to be a 'hilton delhi' at that time....
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am planning for 3 day stay next summer and want to know if its a central located hotel for tourist activities.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by concordian
Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am planning for 3 day stay next summer and want to know if its a central located hotel for tourist activities.
I spent a few nites at the HGI Saket last February. It is a very nice hotel, but I wouldn't say it is centrally located for tourist activities. You'd probably be taking cabs or Ubers to most of the things you want to do.
PM me if you want some tourist tips for Delhi.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by mot29
I spent a few nites at the HGI Saket last February. It is a very nice hotel, but I wouldn't say it is centrally located for tourist activities. You'd probably be taking cabs or Ubers to most of the things you want to do.
PM me if you want some tourist tips for Delhi.
How much/how long are the taxi/Uber rides to most of the tourist sites?

I'm thinking of a mileage run to DEL in September, and this property has rates of $87/night.
I'd definitely want to do a daytrip to the Taj Mahal, but otherwise just stay in town.

Would the other HGI or Doubletree be better locations? Those rates are even less.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by aztimm

I'm thinking of a mileage run to DEL in September, and this property has rates of $87/night.
I'd definitely want to do a daytrip to the Taj Mahal, but otherwise just stay in town.

Would the other HGI or Doubletree be better locations? Those rates are even less.
Here is a couple of Uber trips taken from the HGI into the more touristy areas.If you go at the wrong time it could take an age but usually isn't too bad.
Attached Images   
Old May 25, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by aztimm

Uber and taxi rides almost anywhere in Delhi are long, long, long, although not too expensive. When I was there almost 18 months ago, it was difficult to use Uber unless you had an India telephone number. The drivers seemed to want to call you to confirm things. I was able to use Uber to get from DEL to my airbnb in Nizamuddin (about 21 km, 45 minutes at 1 am) but it was challenging -- to connect at the airport and for the driver to find the place I was going. But the price was right -- about $9.00 as I look back at the receipt and that was with a 1.7 surge price and $2.00 airport surcharge.

I also used Uber in Mumbai several times where it was a lot easier --
8 km and 25 minutes for $2.80, 7 km and 22 minutes for $1.90, and 8 km and 14 minutes from the Hyatt to BOM for $2.50.

I arranged for a private tour to the Taj using Tours by Locals https://www.toursbylocals.com/ -- picked me up at the airbnb and dropped me off at the HGI Saket at the end of the day.
Other suggestions for tours -- check urbanadventures.com -- I took a great food tour and then arranged for a private day tour with a really good guide, Sabyasachi, the next day -- spent the full day seeing Delhi.
Also foodtourindelhi.com was a fun day -- different kinds of food, and Rajeev, the guide seems to see himself as the Anthony Bourdain of India. A real raconteur, plus one of my co-tourists was I think a Russian oligarch which made for an interesting conversation in February of a US election year.

If you stay at the HGI Sakhet, then I encourage you to check the Kiran Nadar Museum which is very near, if you have any interest in art.

The HGI Saket is the most conveniently located of the three -- but still 30 minutes or more drive from the center. And the HGI is located in a modern shopping mall.

tom
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Has anyone been to the Delhi Garden Inn recently?
They have a funny sounding `King Bed Premium Room Comp 3 Pints of Beer` for 6170INR vs 5000INR for a regular room.
Is it worth the difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.