Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Has anyone heard anything about the new Hilton Liverpoool UK??
Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Walked past it yesterday. In spite of the hoardings, we could see that much of the exterior is ready. It's in the Liverpool One development area, much shopping, restaurants, Odeon cinema etc etc. Walkable from Lime Street station in about 10 minutes, pedestrian area all the way. Due to open in the autumn, apparently.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, HHonors Diamond (earned), Aer Lingus Gold Circle, ex-UA,ex-NZ
I saw it a little while back, and my wife passed it again recently. It looks like an upmarket property. See http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/seo/liverpool

There are many great places to eat, drink and shop in Liverpool One. We're particularly thrilled to see http://www.chaophraya.co.uk/ opening a Liverpool restaurant, just opposite the Hilton site.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by ringbark
We're particularly thrilled to see http://www.chaophraya.co.uk/ opening a Liverpool restaurant, just opposite the Hilton site.
They had a tuc-tuc promoting Chaophraya parked in the pedestrian area. It was in much better condition than tuc-tucs in Thailand.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
scheduled to open Nov 17

and I will probably be staying there the following week ... watch this space
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, HHonors Diamond (earned), Aer Lingus Gold Circle, ex-UA,ex-NZ
Overnight trip report

I only live a few miles from Liverpool, so it was partly curiosity that led to my wife and me staying at the new hotel there last night. It was worth 30,000 points to satisfy our curiosity.
We got an upgrade to an executive king room on the sixth floor. The lounge is on the seventh. Access to floors is very strictly controlled by room key access in the elevators.
The room was far larger than equivalent rooms in London, with a bathroom containing a large bath and a shower cubicle too. The decor was similar to most of the recently refurbished London properties I’ve seen, but it was clearly obviously brand new. I’m not sure that anyone had ever stayed there before: we took the holding band off the cable for the kettle, for example. Two large complimentary bottles of water, bath robes, usual stuff.
The property overlooks the new Liverpool One development and is right by the waterfront in a location that seems to be excellent for both business and leisure.
We ate at the nearby Yee-Rah Thai restaurant, owned by the same people as Chaophraya but unquestionably downmarket from it. There are many other dining options available on the Liverpool One complex.
Breakfast was available in the lounge, but we opted for the main restaurant downstairs, where a full service breakfast buffet was available for us. (complimentary for diamond, £14.95 paid) It was perfectly good, though we felt the sausages rather dry. No other complaints. Competent service throughout. We went back to the lounge after breakfast. Breakfast there seemed to be similar, but with more limited choices.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Liverpool. If anyone has any questions about the hotel, please PM me or post here and I’ll be pleased to answer any questions, if I can, in the next few days.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:10 am

Thumbs down disappointing

I was very disappointed with this place. I only have silver status so wasn't expecting upgrades or any other special treatment but this hotel lacks the basics when compared to other hotels in the area.

Everything still has that new feeling and it has a lot of good points, decent sized room (regular - not executive), a good bathroom, a widescreen TV,a large bed and my room had decent views.

However it lacked basics, no free internet, no dvd player, very poor selection of channels - no sky sports or music channels and the shower pressure was low. They are not major items but when you plan to spend 50-60 nights in the same hotel, they became important and smack of cost cutting.

I was planning to stay here at least until I get Diamond status but I checked out after one night and booked into malmaison which provide all the things I expect.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by suggy
I was very disappointed with this place. I only have silver status so wasn't expecting upgrades or any other special treatment but this hotel lacks the basics when compared to other hotels in the area.

Everything still has that new feeling and it has a lot of good points, decent sized room (regular - not executive), a good bathroom, a widescreen TV,a large bed and my room had decent views.

However it lacked basics, no free internet, no dvd player, very poor selection of channels - no sky sports or music channels and the shower pressure was low. They are not major items but when you plan to spend 50-60 nights in the same hotel, they became important and smack of cost cutting.

I was planning to stay here at least until I get Diamond status but I checked out after one night and booked into malmaison which provide all the things I expect.
Interesting feedback (on a hotel I may well end up using) but I am not sure that the "basics" referred to here are basic in most/all UK Hilton branded properties? Just got to thinking if I have seen these in other UK Hiltons as standard? Free internet, no. DVD, no. Wide selection of TV channels, no, including premium satellite channels, no. Not saying they *shouldn't* be there, but typically, in a Hilton, they are not!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:15 am

That's a fair point as I've only stayed in the Bath Hilton (Not that nice). However I've stayed in the Radisson, Staybridge, Malmaison and A hard day's night in Liverpool and I've had free internet (ok it's not super-fast or reliable but fine for emails/browsing) and premium satellite channels in all of them so I expected the same. A dvd player is a bonus.

The room itself was really well furnished but the lack of these things combined with a low pressure shower would all become very annoying if I had to stay there for an extended stay.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Interesting feedback (on a hotel I may well end up using) but I am not sure that the "basics" referred to here are basic in most/all UK Hilton branded properties? Just got to thinking if I have seen these in other UK Hiltons as standard? Free internet, no. DVD, no. Wide selection of TV channels, no, including premium satellite channels, no. Not saying they *shouldn't* be there, but typically, in a Hilton, they are not!
Quite so. I haven't come across any of those features at any of the many preoperties I have visited in the UK. Free internet is available as a MyWay option, but you won't get any upgrade or free breakfast if you choose it. I prefer to use a wireless service of my own.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ringbark
I saw it a little while back, and my wife passed it again recently. It looks like an upmarket property. See http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/seo/liverpool

There are many great places to eat, drink and shop in Liverpool One. We're particularly thrilled to see http://www.chaophraya.co.uk/ opening a Liverpool restaurant, just opposite the Hilton site.
amused by Liverpool & upmarket being in the same quote

In all seriousness the day Hilton can produce a decent hotel in the UK, I will eat my hat!

Sadly most of the hotels have been rather poor!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:49 am
cjd

Originally Posted by MrsGG
amused by Liverpool & upmarket being in the same quote

In all seriousness the day Hilton can produce a decent hotel in the UK, I will eat my hat!

Sadly most of the hotels have been rather poor!
In general, I would agree with you that most UK Hiltons are very poor. However, some of the newer Hiltons are much better. Hotels in Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and several of the London properties are certainly decent. Even the new Hilton Garden Inn in Luton was certainly very nice and only 40minutes from London. Will have to try the new Liverpool Hilton.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:33 am

The hotel overall is quite impressive to look at it and a lot has money has been spent on it. Interestingly the top floors have been converted into private flats but the tenants can use the hotel facilities like the gym.

However from my view, they are really aiming for the tourist market rather than the corporate i.e. people who'll stay in the hotel due its location for the odd weekend break.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Had a one night mid week stay here last week. Was (space available) upgraded to exec room on the 7th floor. Some of the room design feels very familiar - e.g the doors and bathrooms are almost identical to the Hilton Deansgate and very like the new Hilton in Reading.

Exec lounge is good, very well tended to by a good member of staff and not just during the hours when the alcohol is out. Reasonable selection of small bites and was also offered "mini fish and chips" - about five chips stacked with a finger sized piece of fish on the top. Colour laser printer but only one PC.

Ate breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge which was OK - standard Hilton Breakfast - nothing more, nothing less.

Room was comfortable and had a partial view of the Albert Dock - although I was on the side that overlooks the bus station. The other side has a better view across Chavasse Park towards the shops and restaurants. Lots and lots of places to eat in the vicinity, and the Echo Arena is just across The Strand. Parking in the underground Q park (Liverpool One) was £9 from 4.30 p.m. to mid day the next day.

Overall very satisified and would definately go back.

Regards
RedV
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:12 am
Original Member

Just to add about the new Hampton Inn Liverpool Airport.

Brand new hotel right opposite the terminal and sat on top of the multistory carpark. Rooms nice, bit Holiday Inn Express in feel i.e. bathroom door doubles as wardrobe door, toiletries screwed to the wall, showers rather than bath.

Nice feature I thought was that the shower was a decent size, and had the controls away from being underneath the shower head - you could switch it on and adjust the temperature without getting wet !! Basic point, but nice.

Limited food option. Bar does about 4 main courses (reheated food), and a walk over the airport yielded a subway, burgerking, and not much else.

Free parking for hotel guests on the top level of the carpark.

For the cost (£59 inc breakfast) I thought it was good value seeing as how close it was to the airport, and free parking. You could stay overnight, get an early flight in the morning, back the same day and not pay for parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.