FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Honors And Putting In Your AAA 16 Digit # (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/966637-hilton-honors-putting-your-aaa-16-digit.html)

TrojanHorse Jan 12, 2007 8:12 am

Problem entering AAA number on Hilton.com

What the eff is the number you put in the AAA line

not only is it effin stupid enough that I have to find my AAA card to put this GD number in.. what part of it do I put in.. i've tried everything it says its not valid.. well you know what you Effing monkeys at Hilton.. it is a valid number

is there something that I need to know for AAA rates and input?

Yeah I'm PO'd at the time I'm wasting on this lousy website

upgrader Jan 12, 2007 8:56 am

It always works fine for me with my 16 digit AAA number. Is yours 16 digits? Are your dues paid up-to-date? Otherwise, I can't think of any only reasons why it would not work. The Hilton site is ALWAYS so effective and efficient.:rolleyes:

bassmanben Jan 12, 2007 10:48 am

I agree...never had a problem with my AAA number. Now I even have it memorized.

b1513 Jan 12, 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 7002879)
it is a valid number

is there something that I need to know for AAA rates and input?

I always have trouble with my number too. It says it's not valid (or something like that).

UAzip Jan 12, 2007 11:19 am

I've gotten the same error, and was able to resolve it using the number on an old AAA card which had a different last digit (a check digit?)....I wonder if they are using an old database of AAA numbers or something. It is fairly annoying that I'm entering the correct number and the web site tells me it's wrong.

Dugernaut Jan 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Since they went away from checking the box and actually making you enter your #, I just check the box for AARP. So far I haven't had anyone call me on it at checkin, and the rate is typically the same as the AAA rate. In the event that I do get questioned, I have the AAA card.

dapastaguy Jan 12, 2007 12:45 pm

AAA number

I never had any problems after I started using the correct number, and all I had to do was double click the AAA line and my number would show up, but for some reason that has changed. Now I have to enter it every time.

inagaddadavida Jan 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Haven't seen any problems here, I use the AAA number just about every time I book.

mikey1003 Jan 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Never had a problem. I check AARP and also AAA with number (all 16 digits)

ClipperClub Jan 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Slightly OT, but Im curious whether the regular rate vs. AAA are much difference?

gj83 Jan 12, 2007 9:12 pm

I notice around $10-$15 a night difference at Hampton Inns with AAA. YMMV.

I probably would not pass for AARP unless the person at the counter had no clue what it meant.

cordelli Jan 12, 2007 9:21 pm

At most properties it's 10% when the discount is offered. Sometimes it's better then the net direct rate.

I'd be careful using AARP instead of AAA if you aren't an AARP member, some properties ask to see the AAA card to enter the number.

I've never had a problem, I have the number taped to the edge of my monitor for when I forget it.

kipper Jan 12, 2007 9:29 pm

I've not had a problem entering mine unless I enter a number wrong. I have mine memorized by now.

TrojanHorse Jan 13, 2007 6:04 am

went to the Renaissance instead

when I couldn't get this to work (number not valid.. and yes its paid up and valid) I just said screw it Hilton and went to Marriotts site and got a room.

crabbing Jan 13, 2007 9:49 am

what i find most annoying is that i have to re-enter my aaa number every single time. this is the kind of information that can easily be saved in my profile.