Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Here right now, got upgraded to a Deluxe Yotei room, the Pano King rooms and suites were not available (which corresponds to what I can book on the internet).

Happy with the breakfast so far (only 1 day). The western stuff isn't so fresh (eggs, waffles etc) but the selection of more Japanese foods though limited is actually quite good.

Onsen is great, I was there for 45 min by myself without anyone else. As for the tax, I assume you have to pay for this too even if it is an award stay? And I don't recall reading anywhere about the onsen tax on my reservation...

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Correct, the onsen is free. Well, sort of. You get charged a 300JPY/night onsen tax. Regardless if you use it or not. But this goes for all hotels in Japan with onsen.

What are you expecting?
Well, other than an UG and breakfast certs, I guess I don't know. Other Asian properties do things great, small things like daily fruit, daily chocolates, a welcome gift, stuffed animals etc. Otherwise to me this is just a regular Hilton stay.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok, mini trip report. Stayed here for 4 nights on a GLON reward (new code is HV504).

Hotel is a great property. I was able to book a Hilton Yotei view room on hilton.dom, and was upgraded to a Deluxe Yotei view room. All of the pano rooms (twin and king) as well as suites were taken for the dates I wanted to stay here. I faxed the GM ahead of time who unfortunately wasn't able to secure a better room for me, but did have two of his managers greet me upon check-in which was a real nice touch. ^

Diamond benefits are breakfast coupons per day, upgrade if available, free internet, and welcome drink coupon. I think almost everyone gets a welcome drink cpn, but it is a specific drink in the lobby bar. Diamonds though get to choose any drink from the drink menu. Obviously golds get the breakfast/internet/upgrade too.

Breakfast is at Melt 2F. Menu changed very slightly day to day, but was mostly the same. Good selection of Japanese, western, and general cereal/yogurt/bread/pastries/fruit etc. Normal cost is 3400 JPY/person.

For those staying in the Deluxe/Suite rooms (or Diamonds and maybe Golds - not sure), internet is free as I mentioned (otherwise 1500 JPY/day) and so is the gym (otherwise 1000 JPY/day). I read reports on the web of internet being a bit slow and it was. Free internet in the lobby (they have public computers and I think you get 1 hr free wifi - I didn't use it though).

The onsite onsen is great (as with all Japanese onsens, this is a no swim suit onsen) and is free for all hotel guests, except you have to pay a tax of 150 JPY/day (I'm not sure if this is per person as I stayed here solo).

Access to the ski lifts is super convenient, walk out the door. The hotel has boot/ski valet for free which is nice as well. Onsite rentals and lift tickets are convenient as well.

Night life is all in Hirafu minus the upscale restaurants the Hilton has (5 of them) which were all pretty expensive (but heck, it's Japan). To get to Hirafu, you can take the Hilton shuttle (free), the Niseko United Shuttle (free with All Mountain Pass or cheap fares), or taxi (about 3000 JPY to town).

Rooms aren't big, but very comfortable and service is great. Overall great stay, and probably the best use of points I've ever had with Hilton points as pay rates were around $500 USD/night.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:01 pm

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! Great post, I am really happy you enjoyed this hotel. I have to agree with you, there is not a lot of posting for this property, even though it is probably the best Hilton location for ski junkies. We went last year, we had 7 1/2 feet of snow in 48 hour prior to our arrival, it was absolutely breathtaking to ski on this 4,000+ foot mountain, just spectacular. I would say snow conditions were better than anything in the Rockies or Swiss Alps, but maybe it was just the time we showed up.

Great use of Hilton points, we enjoyed it tremendously. Now, if I could go back again, I will do it in a heartbeat -- it does take 24+ hours each way for us, so something to consider next time.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Agree with PedroNY.......... we use the hotel each year not only for the skiing but as a side trip to the Sapporo Ice Festival as it's now 37C/99F in Bangkok and snow "isn't" in the forecast!

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Great use of Hilton points, we enjoyed it tremendously. Now, if I could go back again, I will do it in a heartbeat -- it does take 24+ hours each way for us, so something to consider next time.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Feb 8, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Agree with PedroNY.......... we use the hotel each year not only for the skiing but as a side trip to the Sapporo Ice Festival as it's now 37C/99F in Bangkok and snow "isn't" in the forecast!
Just got back from the Sapporo Snow festival, great thing to see!

Originally Posted by PedroNY
We went last year, we had 7 1/2 feet of snow in 48 hour prior to our arrival, it was absolutely breathtaking to ski on this 4,000+ foot mountain, just spectacular. I would say snow conditions were better than anything in the Rockies or Swiss Alps, but maybe it was just the time we showed up.
I had 2.5m prior to arrival, just as good as you, but unfortunately no snow the 5 days I was there except for a trace.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Quick report here, with photos.

http://moa999.dreamhosters.com/2012/02/hilton-niseko/
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by moa999
Nice post, good memories. Though IIRC the fun of staying in Niseko was outside of the Hilton.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question Hilton Niseko, US$74(6,000yen)/night for a rollaway bed, reasonable??!!

Booked Hilton Niseko for summer holiday for a King room for 3 adults staying in the same room including myself, my wife and her younger brother (age 19). Room details state "sleeps 3 adults". Send an email to request in advance for an extra rollaway bed to be put in the room. They sent me back an email and told me the rollaway would cost 6,000 Yen/night. Is it reasonable? I find it a total rip off!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Booked Hilton Niseko for summer holiday for a King room for 3 adults staying in the same room including myself, my wife and her younger brother (age 19). Room details state "sleeps 3 adults". Send an email to request in advance for an extra rollaway bed to be put in the room. They sent me back an email and told me the rollaway would cost 6,000 Yen/night. Is it reasonable? I find it a total rip off!
Did you book the room for three adults at the three adult rate? Or did you book a King room for two adults with spouse stays free benefit making a king room now a three person room?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Did you book the room for three adults at the three adult rate? Or did you book a King room for two adults with spouse stays free benefit making a king room now a three person room?
It's a reward night reservation. Noticed the maximum occupancy is 3 adults for either twin or king basic room, so when I made the reservation online, I already input 3 persons. Actually the hotel had sent me the email few days after I made the reservation online and also right before I intended to send them an email for requesting a rollaway bed. The hotel told me straight in the email I needed to pay 6000 yen for the rollaway. Here is the email:

Dear GordonGordon,

Greetings from the Hilton Niseko Village! Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I understand that you are staying with us using your Hilton Honours points this time. We thank you for your continued loyalty and support. However, unfortunately point stays are only free up to two people, so I am writing today to inform you that we must charge 6,000yen / night for the cost of an extra bed to be placed in the room for your third guest. The only exception for this is infants, for whom we can provide a baby cot for free.

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused and our complicated booking system. Your reply would be much appreciated in order to confirm your reservation, and any prepayments will be suspended until we can confirm your details.

Should you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can do to help facilitate your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Thank you and best regards,

Reservations Department Hilton Niseko Village

It seems they are trying to nickel and dime reward night guest since the email emphasized points stays are only free up to two people. Should I bring up the issue to Hhonor diamond desk?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's a reward night reservation. Noticed the maximum occupancy is 3 adults for either twin or king basic room, so when I made the reservation online, I already input 3 persons.
HHonors award reservations are for two. Your input of three adults during the res booking doesn't change that.

Hotel Reward Certificates apply to a standard room with double occupancy room rate and tax only. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.

See Reward Redemption, #19.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
It's a reward night reservation. Noticed the maximum occupancy is 3 adults for either twin or king basic room, so when I made the reservation online, I already input 3 persons. Actually the hotel had sent me the email few days after I made the reservation online and also right before I intended to send them an email for requesting a rollaway bed. The hotel told me straight in the email I needed to pay 6000 yen for the rollaway. Here is the email:

Dear GordonGordon,

Greetings from the Hilton Niseko Village! Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I understand that you are staying with us using your Hilton Honours points this time. We thank you for your continued loyalty and support. However, unfortunately point stays are only free up to two people, so I am writing today to inform you that we must charge 6,000yen / night for the cost of an extra bed to be placed in the room for your third guest. The only exception for this is infants, for whom we can provide a baby cot for free.

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused and our complicated booking system. Your reply would be much appreciated in order to confirm your reservation, and any prepayments will be suspended until we can confirm your details.

Should you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can do to help facilitate your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Thank you and best regards,

Reservations Department Hilton Niseko Village

It seems they are trying to nickel and dime reward night guest since the email emphasized points stays are only free up to two people. Should I bring up the issue to Hhonor diamond desk?
They aren't nickel and diming you, they are follwoing their posted rules. Rewards are for a maximum of two people. Some hotels will waive this and allow more, some won't. Many hotels charge extra for more than one person, and will charge for the third person in a paid room using the spouse stays free benefit.

So the hotel is perfectly justified in asking for payment for the third person and a rollaway bed.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:01 pm

Unfortunately, the Japanese are strict with the rules. The best way to try to get around it, is by calling the American Hilton reservations and try to deal with it that way. They won't budge in Japan.
Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Japanese follows rules to the dot and are not trying to take money from you.
When you get to Japan you will see this for yourself.

You don't haggle and don't expect discounts or special treatment. Everyone is treated equal.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:47 pm

Just like to add, have had 3 stays here during the ski season for total 24 nights over last 4 years. If anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to try to help. Was HH nothing for first 2 stays, Gold for my last and will be diamond this coming trip (Jan 2013).

It is a great property and excellent for the on-mountain activities. If you do not eat in the hotel it is slightly harder to get to restaurants than at accommodation in Hirafu, but it is not difficult.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.