Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1........incorporating the Hilton into a trip to Sapporo for their ice festival (along w a trip to the local Royce shop and dining on giant crabs) has been almost an annual event (although we tried Harbin last year, but so disappointed that we won't be going back).....

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Yes. This will be my 4th consecutive winter visiting. Also have noticed how it gets busier each year, but still not too bad. The hotel is well run and continues to do a very nice breakfast. Really enjoy this property.

Love getting out to the restaurants in Hirafu and especially Kutchan.

I've pretty much dumped Hilton after the devaluation and continuing bleak customer service to Diamonds (compared to Hyatt and SPG). But this is one property that I still enjoy going to.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can't wait myself. Will be hitting the end of the snowfest then will be here mid-Feb. Maybe a mini DO at the resort?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:08 am

Does anyone have any experience with booking a twin room but requesting a king? At the base redemption level only "twin hilton rooms" seem to be available, I'm guessing because there aren't any king rooms below the "deluxe" level.

Could anyone give an indication of how big or small the twin beds are?

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Haltwhistle
Does anyone have any experience with booking a twin room but requesting a king? At the base redemption level only "twin hilton rooms" seem to be available, I'm guessing because there aren't any king rooms below the "deluxe" level.

Could anyone give an indication of how big or small the twin beds are?

Thanks.
Beds are small. Twin is like a single in the US. Rooms are small too.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:23 am

The GM told me a few years ago they have very few rooms with king beds. This is normal in Japan.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:02 am

Thanks, useful to know.

Does anyone know whether incidentals (e.g. lift passes) accrue hhonors points when on a reward stay at this property?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by sniles
The GM told me a few years ago they have very few rooms with king beds. This is normal in Japan.
They really have king beds there?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
They really have king beds there?
I haven't seen any, not even in their suites.

BTW, wow have prices shot up this year!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:43 am

They have double beds, but I wouldn't say the beds a actual kings. If you get a twin room (most likely) they can have people put the beds together.

You can charge ski hire and lift passes to your room if you buy from the shop below the gondola (you cannot miss it, only ski shop anywhere near the hilton).
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by sniles
I haven't seen any, not even in their suites.

BTW, wow have prices shot up this year!
2011 it was $600/night. Feb bookings this year was only around $500 USD.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Exclamation Resort fee starting December 1st

Hilton Niseko is now charging resort fee 525 JPY/person/night (after tax):

For stay between December 1st ~ April 7th 2014, Resort Charge of 500 JPY per person per day is required for guests due to the following: Manned ski valet service, WIFI Access, local toll-free and credit card calls (no access fee), Car Parking fee, Access to fitness and kids room, Convenient transportation to Sapporo CTS airport and local area.

Does anyone know if resort fee is waived for diamond member or for reward night reservation? Does it mean that the hotel now provides free oneway transportation to CTS Airport for hotel guest?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Hilton Niseko is now charging resort fee 525 JPY/person/night (after tax):

For stay between December 1st ~ April 7th 2014, Resort Charge of 500 JPY per person per day is required for guests due to the following: Manned ski valet service, WIFI Access, local toll-free and credit card calls (no access fee), Car Parking fee, Access to fitness and kids room, Convenient transportation to Sapporo CTS airport and local area.

Does anyone know if resort fee is waived for diamond member or for reward night reservation? Does it mean that the hotel now provides free oneway transportation to CTS Airport for hotel guest?
Well that's disappointing... all that was available before the resort charge, at least for golds.

I've got my next stay booked for early January. It's a mix of reward + paid stay, and the reward portion was not subject to the fee but the paid portion was (I'm gold).

I tried for around Christmas but the hotel was completely booked. Rates for January were "only" 35,000 yen or so.

According to reports snow is forecast for the next 7 days and there's already 100cm of base.

On the room types -- don't they have suites?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:05 am

They have panorama suites but upgrades to these would be extremely rare in winter. Last time I booked I received a deluxe twin, from a base twin, as you cannot even book a base king room.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:35 am

I just completed a completed a stay here in January and it was spectacular. I was very impressed by all aspects of the hotel. Service was great. I was personally introduced to the duty manager and thanked repeatedly for being a gold member. I was completely shocked. I've never had a Hilton, Hyatt or SPG hotel treat me like this and I've been top tier at all 3 at one point. I definitely will go back here. The onsen is awesome, breakfast was great, the ski slopes connected to the hotel were not the best.

I was under the assumption that round trip to CTS was covered with the hotel, but I didn't ask as I drove my own car. The hotel even called 2 days before my stay to see if I had any special requests. Is this normal? I really feel like they made some mistake and marked me as a VIP.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I just completed a completed a stay here in January and it was spectacular. I was very impressed by all aspects of the hotel. Service was great. I was personally introduced to the duty manager and thanked repeatedly for being a gold member. I was completely shocked. I've never had a Hilton, Hyatt or SPG hotel treat me like this and I've been top tier at all 3 at one point. I definitely will go back here. The onsen is awesome, breakfast was great, the ski slopes connected to the hotel were not the best.

I was under the assumption that round trip to CTS was covered with the hotel, but I didn't ask as I drove my own car. The hotel even called 2 days before my stay to see if I had any special requests. Is this normal? I really feel like they made some mistake and marked me as a VIP.
Great to hear. My first stay in 2011 here was great. Looking forward to returning in 2 weeks. Hope the snow starts up again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.