Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
have done Niseko a few times............wife thinks this Hilton has the best breakfast of all other Hiltons (rating Waldorf Rome #2).............have always combined a side trip to Sapporo for their ice-fesival and crabs but this year doing Harbin...........enjoy
Well done, pretty much my top list in Asia for the winter. Niseko, Sapporo Ice Festival, Harbin ice Fest. ^

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Here right now for the 4th stay/ski season. It's is a great season again and tonnes of snow.

I can't see you being able to sneak a 3rd person in and them being comfortable, I would be paying the difference. There are no real benefits here except for maybe an upgrade as, you may note from the website, packages with breakfast are the same price as those sans breakfast.

From what I have seen the benefits are 2 bottles of water a day, upgrade (single category for me as a diamond) and the welcome drink is anything from the menu rather than the apple ginger ale.

The hotel is great but when they are at capacity it really shows. The onsen gets crowded and the restaurants book out. If coming during a busy time email in advance to book your dinner for the first night.

We have the dinner package again and I feel that the buffets have deteriorated in offerings yet again. Will probably still be back next year as the powder is the best in the world for boarding.
Very good post. Agree breakfast was great. I pretty much stuffed myself on breakfast and then avoided dinners here due to the price, much more reasonable places if you bus it to the main village area (free bus).

Going to the onsen at like 6am is a great way to prep for a ski day. No one there, sunrise, and eerily quiet (even if hotel is full, everyone goes at like 5-10pm).
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
agree with the onsen comments.......

the Mrs. turns into a kid with the big giant snowman in back of the hotel as it's now 35C in here in BKK (so next weeks trip to Harbin where it's -35C will be quite a shock)........and of course Royce is on her shopping list..........

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well done, pretty much my top list in Asia for the winter. Niseko, Sapporo Ice Festival, Harbin ice Fest. ^

Very good post. Agree breakfast was great. I pretty much stuffed myself on breakfast and then avoided dinners here due to the price, much more reasonable places if you bus it to the main village area (free bus).

Going to the onsen at like 6am is a great way to prep for a ski day. No one there, sunrise, and eerily quiet (even if hotel is full, everyone goes at like 5-10pm).
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,

Planning to stay here next Christmas for one week using points. Myself, wife and 2 kids (age 13 and 10). As a Diamond I was quoted a twin room for 3 adults for this period, but online reservation does not allow the 4th person.

Does anyone know whether they will accept 4 of us in one twin room when we turn up, or I'll have to double up my budget (point and/or cash) with 2 rooms?

Also what can I expect from an amenities' perspective (exec Floor, breakfast) etc for the family?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by lowdownlo
Hi,

Planning to stay here next Christmas for one week using points. Myself, wife and 2 kids (age 13 and 10). As a Diamond I was quoted a twin room for 3 adults for this period, but online reservation does not allow the 4th person.

Does anyone know whether they will accept 4 of us in one twin room when we turn up, or I'll have to double up my budget (point and/or cash) with 2 rooms?

Also what can I expect from an amenities' perspective (exec Floor, breakfast) etc for the family?

Many thanks.
Twin rooms are very small (especially bathroom), two adults and two kids would feel very cramped. You may be able to pull it off in a Panorama room, which are much bigger with larger bathroom (with tub), separate from the toilet.

Rooms on the exec floor are not much different from the standard floors, only with a slightly different more "executive" interior.
Breakfast has been reviewed in the previous posts, i've always enjoyed it with the many japanese, asian, and western food options. It gets quite busy after 7.30 and you may end up having to wait in line to get in.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Does this mean the hotel management will not allow 2 Adults and 2 children in a standard twin room even if the guest can manage? According to HH website there are no point+cash options available for the larger rooms and if the hotel will not be flexible on having 2+2 in one std twin then booking 2x may be the only option.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
I just got back a couple of days ago and agree that:

- the snow is fantastic, to the point of having too much almost. We were there 4 nights and it snowed every day. Sometimes the conditions (heavy snow, low visibility) made it painful to ski

- service was good, with lots of English-speaking staff

- I tried most of the restaurants. They were good, but expensive.

- room (normal double) was small but fine for 2 people (maybe with a baby). For 4 adults it would be definitely crowded

- I was there using points; didn't get upgraded due to my (gold) status. Only benefit I saw was free internet. 2 days after checkout I don't see any points credit my account even though I spent like 2 grand on incidentals, and charged it to my Hilton Amex even with the foreign exchange fee... I have the Hyatt card with no fee too so would not be a happy camper if I end up not getting points from this.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
agree with the onsen comments.......

the Mrs. turns into a kid with the big giant snowman in back of the hotel as it's now 35C in here in BKK (so next weeks trip to Harbin where it's -35C will be quite a shock)........and of course Royce is on her shopping list..........
Beware, Harbin is freezing. I mean freezing. I was so cold, but loved every minute of being outside. So bring tons of clothes, and when you think you have enough bring more. Seriously.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by sniles
Twin rooms are very small (especially bathroom), two adults and two kids would feel very cramped. You may be able to pull it off in a Panorama room, which are much bigger with larger bathroom (with tub), separate from the toilet.

Rooms on the exec floor are not much different from the standard floors, only with a slightly different more "executive" interior.
Breakfast has been reviewed in the previous posts, i've always enjoyed it with the many japanese, asian, and western food options. It gets quite busy after 7.30 and you may end up having to wait in line to get in.
+1. I could see 2 adults, and at most 2 adults and a small child. Not 4.

Originally Posted by YariGuy
I just got back a couple of days ago and agree that:

- the snow is fantastic, to the point of having too much almost. We were there 4 nights and it snowed every day. Sometimes the conditions (heavy snow, low visibility) made it painful to ski

- service was good, with lots of English-speaking staff

- I tried most of the restaurants. They were good, but expensive.

- room (normal double) was small but fine for 2 people (maybe with a baby). For 4 adults it would be definitely crowded

- I was there using points; didn't get upgraded due to my (gold) status. Only benefit I saw was free internet. 2 days after checkout I don't see any points credit my account even though I spent like 2 grand on incidentals, and charged it to my Hilton Amex even with the foreign exchange fee... I have the Hyatt card with no fee too so would not be a happy camper if I end up not getting points from this.
Nice, my 2011 trip it snowed 9 feet the week before I arrived. How much snow has there been? Do you know the season to date snowfall?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
why not get it directly from the "horses mouth"...........
[email protected]

Originally Posted by mnredfox
How much snow has there been? Do you know the season to date snowfall?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:03 pm

Old post but just in case anyone else is still looking...

Came back a few weeks back from a stay @ Hilton Niseko. Was upgraded to a Mt Yotei view rm with two beds. Did NOT request for a third bed but there it was - a third rollaway bed tucked under one of the two beds. Same mattress as the normal beds, even!

One can always just book for 2 adults, then try luck to see if there's a surprise third bed.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Hilton Niseko Village, Japan: any reports?

I am a gold HH, what's the chance getting an upgrade at this property? Thanks!!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
There isn't much to upgrade to. There are really only three room types here: regular, deluxe, and panorama, and within regular and deluxe they are broken down by view (Mt. Yotei or not). You might get an upgrade to a deluxe room (just slightly different furnishings but nothing spectacular). If it's snowing you may never see Mt. Yotei (I didn't on my last visit in Feb). There is only one Panorama room per floor, and I've only been upgraded to that once as Diamond, so your chances of that are not good if the hotel is full.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:22 pm

Anyone going to be here this snow season?

I'm going for about 10 nights in Jan-Feb 2014.

Will be my 5th or 6th trip, the snow is amazing and the service excellent for an on snow resort.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Anyone going to be here this snow season?

I'm going for about 10 nights in Jan-Feb 2014.

Will be my 5th or 6th trip, the snow is amazing and the service excellent for an on snow resort.
I'll be there late February. Gets busier each year, but still quite enjoyable.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Yes. This will be my 4th consecutive winter visiting. Also have noticed how it gets busier each year, but still not too bad. The hotel is well run and continues to do a very nice breakfast. Really enjoy this property.

Love getting out to the restaurants in Hirafu and especially Kutchan.

I've pretty much dumped Hilton after the devaluation and continuing bleak customer service to Diamonds (compared to Hyatt and SPG). But this is one property that I still enjoy going to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.