Search

Aspire Bonus Point Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Aspire Bonus Point Question

Hi All,
Switched over from a Mariott card to the HH Aspire card but had a few questions.
I'm wondering when the bonus points should hit my account for the x14, x7, and x3 points and how they will be listed in my HH account. I was expecting these to show up after I paid the statement but weirdly enough only the 150K points showed up which I was not expecting so soon but I don't see the others.
In the HH account under my stays I see points for DIAMOND ELITE 100% BONUS, 2019 Points Unlimited, DIAMOND MYWAY BONUS, Base Points. Then I see ASPIRE CARD BONUS POINTS as its own line item for the 4k spend bonus. But I am wondering if the category bonuses will also show as their own line items and when I should expect them to show up.

For when I am booking flights through the mandatory work travel site that's going to be x3 not x7 right?

For hotel stays if I book them through my work travel site would it be x3 or x14 since it will be paid with the Aspire card at the end of the stay?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:34 pm

Generally,

Each category will post separately, I believe shortly after the statement posts.
the welcome 150k or any other special bonuses will post shortly after the required charges post, and won't require waiting until the next statement.
example from HH app:
<3vacations likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The credit card points will show up in your HH account two or three days after the Amex statement billing date.
In my online HH recent activity, I have these line items -
ASPIRE CARD BONUS PTS ON HILTON SPEND
ASPIRE CARD BONUS PTS ON AIR SPEND
AMEX ASPIRE CARD PTS ON ELIGIBLE SPEND

With respect to your other two questions, what matters is who you make the credit card payment to, not how you book.

From the American Express web site -

Earn 14X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar for each eligible purchase on your Card made directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.

Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar for each eligible purchase on your Card for:
  • Flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel
  • Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
  • U.S. restaurants
<3vacations likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Originally Posted by jbeckett
The credit card points will show up in your HH account two or three days after the Amex statement billing date.
In my online HH recent activity, I have these line items -
ASPIRE CARD BONUS PTS ON HILTON SPEND
ASPIRE CARD BONUS PTS ON AIR SPEND
AMEX ASPIRE CARD PTS ON ELIGIBLE SPEND

So if I had a paid statement on 4/2 should I check in if none of these line items have posted yet? The bonus is there, and of course the deduction for reward stays popped up, but still no Aspire spend line items.

Last edited by <3vacations; Apr 10, 2019 at 1:39 pm
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by <3vacations
So if I had a paid statement on 4/2 should I check in if none of these line items have posted yet? The bonus is there, and of course the deduction for reward stays popped up, but still no Aspire spend line items.
Odd, talking to Amex CS agent, my signup bonus and points from spend on my new Aspire card are pending until the statement after my spend was completed (ie, I made the spend in Nov, statement closed in early Dec showing I'd earned the SUB and the correct points associated with the spend, but Amex says the system shows they are pending until my Jan statement closes). Unusual behavior based on the years I've had the Surpass and no-fee card - always posted within a few days of the date the spend was made for the bonus, and always a few days later once the statement closed - never had to wait a full statement.

Has there been a change how Amex posts Hilton points now? Are they now posting with a month delay like they do with Membership Reward points? Or is this unusual (as I think it is)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.