Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
This is very difficult for me to admit, but I was wrong.

I sent an anonymous question to Hhonors CS and got a reply stating that the MVP discount was originally intended for sports use, but is now open to all Hhonors members. I didn't even expect a reply today since it is Sunday, but they were there, and did respond.

I just couldn't get my head around why they still referred to the sports use - but I now have an e-mail that I will carry with me on every trip.

Thanks again, and I do apologize for being so stubborn.

Now, please reassure me that I can get all my Hhonors points at this rate, since I've already rebooked and cancelled everything upcoming!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is very difficult for me to admit, but I was wrong.

I sent an anonymous question to Hhonors CS and got a reply stating that the MVP discount was originally intended for sports use, but is now open to all Hhonors members. I didn't even expect a reply today since it is Sunday, but they were there, and did respond.

I just couldn't get my head around why they still referred to the sports use - but I now have an e-mail that I will carry with me on every trip.

Thanks again, and I do apologize for being so stubborn.

Now, please reassure me that I can get all my Hhonors points at this rate, since I've already rebooked and cancelled everything upcoming!
You will get all your HHonors points on the MVP rate. Nearly all my Hilton stays are booked at either the MVP rate (I even qualify if the sports use were required) or the AAA rate (and yes I qualify for that rate also). I have always received HHonors points for those stays.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Never had an issue using the rate or getting points--doesn't always work to get the rate (ie. sometimes not available) but when it is available, it is often the cheapest I can get. Always check other rates though as I have found sometimes it is not the cheapest (rarely).

I qualify under sports as well but good to see it is more widely available.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:46 pm

I don't understand why do people email customer service about special rates? If you aren't comfortable using it, then don't. If you think you don't qualify to use it, then don't. If it was indeed a "special restricted rate", your email may have made them aware and caused scrutiny/crackdown. You were already told that it was legit and fine to use for all Hhonors members.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:12 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Indeed.

As is also noted dozens of times in this thread, to wit:

Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You will get fewer Hhonors points than if you paid a higher rate.

I've always gotten the full points for the amount I paid (including weekend/stay bonuses, etc. as applicable).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Indeed.

As is also noted dozens of times in this thread, to wit:

thanks for the recap!

I've noticed when pricing out several different cities in Florida using the MVP rate that the resort charge doesn't appear on the rate info link, nor is it listed under optional charges. All the other rates I've checked have them added into the total

Just wondering if I would have a chance of arguing the resort fee @ checkin

MVP rate verbage

Rules & Restrictions
Taxes
5.00 % per room per night
7.00 % per room per night
Guarantee Policy
There is a credit card required for this reservation.

If you use a debit/credit card to check in, a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check-out and such hold may not be released for 72 hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer.

Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel, please do so 3 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.

At check in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early, price is subject to change.

We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.

Totals listed here are estimated based on current taxes and exchange rates (if applicable) and do not include additional fees/charges that may be incurred during your stay.

Optional services for an additional charge
Parking charges: Self parking - $10.00, Garage Parking. Valet parking - $17.00, Valet Parking

AAA/AARP/rack

Rules & Restrictions
Taxes
5.00 % per room per night
7.00 % per room per night
Resort charge
$20.00 USD per room per night
Guarantee Policy
There is a credit card required for this reservation.

If you use a debit/credit card to check in, a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check-out and such hold may not be released for 72 hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer.

Cancellation Policy
If you wish to cancel, please do so 3 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.

At check in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early, price is subject to change.

We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.

Totals listed here are estimated based on current taxes and exchange rates (if applicable) and do not include additional fees/charges that may be incurred during your stay.

Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Internet; Bicycle Usage; 2 Drinks per stay; 2 Bottles of Water per night; Kids 5 and Under Breakfast; Offsite Fitness Ctr; Childrens Activities; Ambassador Pool Svc; 15% off Gift Shop; 10% off Watersports; Fax, and Local calls.

Optional services for an additional charge
Parking charges: Self parking - $10.00, Garage Parking. Valet parking - $17.00, Valet Parking
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by keishashadow
I've noticed when pricing out several different cities in Florida using the MVP rate that the resort charge doesn't appear on the rate info link, nor is it listed under optional charges. All the other rates I've checked have them added into the total

Just wondering if I would have a chance of arguing the resort fee @ checkin
Interesting. I booked a stay at a resort using MVP. Although I didn't compare rate details, my confirmation email does state the resort fee. It was also included in my summary just before completing the reservation.

I can't imagine using the MVP rate would eliminate resort fees, but I've been known to be wrong.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Always paid resort fees when using MVP as well.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Always paid resort fees when using MVP as well.
MVP did not eliminate resort fees for me either.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:21 am

Has anyone else noticed a pattern of not automatically getting the Amex co-brand 500 point bonus, when booking the MVP rate? We started using MVP rate early last year and it seems like after every stay, I have to send a note to the Diamond desk to get credit. The normal rates under AAA don't appear to have this problem. We have a friend that sometimes travels on the same trips and I mentioned it to him the other day & he went back and seen where they had not credited his account on the past 9 stays. We both both have the Surpass card and been using them for years.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Eagle_and_Hawk
Has anyone else noticed a pattern of not automatically getting the Amex co-brand 500 point bonus, when booking the MVP rate? We started using MVP rate early last year and it seems like after every stay, I have to send a note to the Diamond desk to get credit. The normal rates under AAA don't appear to have this problem. We have a friend that sometimes travels on the same trips and I mentioned it to him the other day & he went back and seen where they had not credited his account on the past 9 stays. We both both have the Surpass card and been using them for years.
I have not seen that issue. I have been using MVP with my co-branded card (no annual fee) for a few years and I always receive the 500 points. I had my first stay with MVP + Surpass earlier this month and the 500 points posted.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
How do you find your upgrade rates when using MVP code compared to not using any special rates?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by d00t
How do you find your upgrade rates when using MVP code compared to not using any special rates?
As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter. I always ask at check-in, and have never been told that my rate made any difference. Sometimes better rooms/suites are available, sometimes not.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
weird experience - viewing of reservation on mvp- site

I have a reservation that I can't see the details of in my account on www.hilton.com. This is not very unusual; it happens often with multiple-room bookings. This is just one room, though.
Sometimes I can see the reservation details in my account on www.hilton.co.uk, but this site doesn't seem to exist anymore - it reroutes to the usual hilton site.
So today I tried on the Hilton MVP site and I could see the details of the reservation. The weird thing is that the e-mail address given under the personal information wasn't mine....
I wonder how someone else's e-mail address got into my reservation? and I wonder where my e-mail address then went?
I changed the personal information to the right e-mail address and logged out.
Then I logged into my account on the usual hilton site and I could now see the details of my reservation.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.