Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft mmo....

you shouldn't have a problem with your reservations....
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, IC Plat Ambassador, Delta Skymiles
Grey area

Grey area indeed, but it's okay to use if it's offered at the hotel you want. I checked with a Hilton rep and the Sales manager at the hotel I'm staying in for a month and they both confirmed that although technically the MVP rate is for sports teams and coaches, etc., there is nothing written on their website or in the rate restrictions (for this particular hotel) that restricts the use of this rate. They both said I would not be required to show "proof" and that if I know about it, I can use it.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have used successfully for several years. Never saw the "press credentials" when booking (but I am a University professor, hence clearly affiliated with collegiate athletics). Only thing I note is that I don't seem to get the 500 points for online booking with stays from the MVP portal. Otherwise, the MVP rates seem to count for any and all promotions.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:00 pm
mmo

I used it this past weekend and had no problems. It also gave me the 500 Amex points for booking online, was I supposed to get 500 other points?
AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Embassy Irvine Orange County Airport.

Newbie to Hilton Honors
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:32 pm

I avoid the mvp website and just book through the regular old hiltonhhonors.com website. The corporate ID for mvp rates is 0041604 (Hilton, HGI) and 560041604 (DT, ES, HW, Hampton). This gets the Amex bonus without any problems.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by mmo
I used it this past weekend and had no problems. It also gave me the 500 Amex points for booking online, was I supposed to get 500 other points?
AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Embassy Irvine Orange County Airport.

Newbie to Hilton Honors
No, that is the bonus Uncle Lars is referring to.

It was hit or miss for me. Most of the time I had to call DD to get it added and then had to go thru the argument that I did book thru an Hilton family portal. For some reason, the CSA thought the page is not a hilton page despite the fact "Hilton" is written in the Url and all over the home page.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:54 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
No, that is the bonus Uncle Lars is referring to.

It was hit or miss for me. Most of the time I had to call DD to get it added and then had to go thru the argument that I did book thru an Hilton family portal. For some reason, the CSA thought the page is not a hilton page despite the fact "Hilton" is written in the Url and all over the home page.
When booking with an HHonors AMEX online, one should receive 500 bonus points as this is one of the benefits of the card.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by zachary
I avoid the mvp website and just book through the regular old hiltonhhonors.com website. The corporate ID for mvp rates is 0041604 (Hilton, HGI) and 560041604 (DT, ES, HW, Hampton). This gets the Amex bonus without any problems.
Great to know thanks!
I try to use the MVP site for many of my reservations as the rates are just a little higher than the AP rate but without the restrictions.
Old May 30, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: All of them.... mostly United and Starwood
Originally Posted by zachary
Sounds like no one has had any problems using these codes, correct?

Anyone with negative experience to report back?
Old May 31, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: All of them.... mostly United and Starwood
Originally Posted by mmo
Hello,
I am very new to the program and am currently a HH Silver thru my Amex card. My question is I seen a link and signed up to get to HH Gold quicker thru the MVP website. It allowed me to post my account number and to make reservations with the MVP lower rate. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be only for certain corporations or who qualifies for MVP? It took my reservation ok and allowed me to sign up for the promo ok, so I am hoping everything is good. Thanks and sorry if this has been addressed before.
Just curious if you ever got gold through this fast track promo?

I'd like to do a fast track offer, but they all seem to be so specialized to some organization or group (eAdvantage, Hilton Racing, MVP, etc.)
Old May 31, 2010, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by cherribabe
Just curious if you ever got gold through this fast track promo?

I'd like to do a fast track offer, but they all seem to be so specialized to some organization or group (eAdvantage, Hilton Racing, MVP, etc.)
In 2008, I received an email or saw a promo (don't recall which it was) that fast-tracked me to HH Gold: Do 3 stays at any Hilton property by end of September and become Gold, and that was after I had already booked that many stays (two stays at Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku and one stay at Hilton Narita). Otherwise, I have little experience with 'fast-track" to G or D.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Some hints for the next searcher:

1. MVP seems to be pretty open - just google to get the link.
2. The occasssional verbiage about credentials is worrisome but have never seen it.
3. Its better to grab the 2 corp codes off the link and then book directly with hilton.com putting those codes in manually. That will make the reservation eligble for the Amex 500 point bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:32 pm
mmo

I thought I would have my gold stay after this weekends one night stay, but I found out today that Homewood Suites didn't qualify for the MVP to Gold promo. Grrrrrrr.... So close! But I use HH Amex, so I soon will have Gold with the 20K in annual purchases, so I'm okay. BTW- I have used the MVP corp. code for all these stays, no problems with that at all
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pmaddock
3. Its better to grab the 2 corp codes off the link and then book directly with hilton.com putting those codes in manually. That will make the reservation eligble for the Amex 500 point bonus.
Never done this before. Care to elaborate? Thanks.

alextktan
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by alextktan
Never done this before. Care to elaborate? Thanks.

alextktan
Note: This only works for the Amex 500 point bonus if you book with an Amex and pay for your room with it.

OK - I won't post the actual codes in case of the wrong search but here are the steps:

1. google "Hilton MVP"
2. The first result page should be the main Hilton MVP page - near the bottom you will see 2 corp id codes based on the brand you want to use.
3. Go to Hilton.com and find the hotel you want. Note that many of the basic search screen rates may be advance purchase rates.
4. When you click the hotels 'view rates' button you will be taken to a details screen to verify your dates and preferences. Copy in the corp code and click the continue button.
5. The MVP rates for the various available rooms will now display - typically they are 20% off BAR - roughly the same as the Adv Purch rates without having to pay in advance. You can use the browser's back button and remove the code to see the regular rates.
6. Complete your booking.
7. At this point the res will go down as being booked on Hilton.com so it will be eligible for the Amex bonus and any other bonuses that require use of the regular hilton.com portal. Use of the MVP portal negates most of these bonuses.

Note: A few properties don't participate in the MVP program or won't have MVP rates on a given night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.