Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Herp-a-derp, I'm an idiot and don't see any code when I edit?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Herp-a-derp, I'm an idiot and don't see any code when I edit?
Edit in the app, not on the website.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Ah, OK...
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: QF SG
I gather the previous posters are using the iOS apps? I'm on android and don't seem to have the option to edit a booking in the app or see a different rate code.

It would be very useful of someone would post or send the app MVP codes.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:58 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bacook
...It would be very useful of someone would post or send the app MVP codes.
Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites 0561135262

HGI 1135262

I suspect that Hilton is the same as HGI and the other brands are the same as Hampton and ES.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by cblaisd

HGI 1135262

I suspect that Hilton is the same as HGI and the other brands are the same as Hampton and ES.
Perfect. Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Yes, Hilton is 1135262
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Doubletree is same as Hampton and Embassy Suites
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
These codes can also once again be used in the "Corporate" field of the website. No need to go through the MVP website anymore.

ETA: I have done a major update of the Wiki incorporating all of this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 5, 2016 at 9:11 am
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

HGI 1135262

Thank you. Just booked a Dec stay on the app.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: HHonors
So, FYI everybody, I just booked a Hampton in Georgetown Texas accidentally using the old MVP code on my phone 0560041604, since it is the first thing that came up in the google search
it showed the MVP rates, good discount

I was messing around on here and realized I had used the old number, so I thought I would go check using the new number posted above in the Oct 5th 2016 update (0561135262), and it doesnt show the "corporate rate" using that code

looking at some future reservations I have at a different hotel, a Homewood Suites in the DFW area, the new code works, but the old one doesnt

So.... word to the wise, try them both before booking

ohh, and if I go to the hiltonfamilymvp.com website, it shows the discounted rate for both
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:28 am

Is there anyway to get MVP rates (or any special rate) when booking using UR/TKP/MR?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
These codes can also once again be used in the "Corporate" field of the website. No need to go through the MVP website anymore. ETA: I have done a major update of the Wiki incorporating all of this.
Thank you for this very useful information! Had problems using the old corp codes w/ the mobile app, now I know why!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mediator
There might be a workaround, but not sure if this will trigger the mobile 3X.
You could book the MVP rate using a computer for your desired hotel and dates, etc. Select 1 adult during booking. Then when your reservation shows up on your app, go edit your reservation, change the number of guests to 2, the MVP rate should show up during the booking process.
I just tried this and it didn't trigger the 3x, nor did it trigger the 5000 visa bonus. I now have to go back through all of my reservations and cancel them and rebook using the app which is a pain. Hopefully the rates haven't changed. Oh well.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:44 am
Suspended

I have been using MVP rates since past few months and believe me this has never happened to me. I recently tried Short Hills Hilton using the MVP code without having any sort of difficulty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.