Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
It's finally happened; I was asked for Sports Affiliation ID at check-in. I've been carrying the thing around for years, and was considering leaving it at home this last trip.
What is your Hilton status? The rumor has always been that they won't ask for ID for any Diamonds, but I have no idea if that's actually a standard or not.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:51 pm Reason: deleted post quote & response
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by docbert
What is your Hilton status? The rumor has always been that they won't ask for ID for any Diamonds, but I have no idea if that's actually a standard...
That may have been true in the past, but even with online checkin if I stop by the desk, they ask.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by docbert
What is your Hilton status? The rumor has always been that they won't ask for ID for any Diamonds, but I have no idea if that's actually a standard or not.
Diamond (and have been for years)

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:53 pm Reason: deleted quote & response
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Diamond (and have been for years)
Wow, a Diamond member asked for an MVP rate ID. I'm shocked. Did you also use online check-in? So you can buy-pass the front desk? Or did you check in at the FD and that's when they asked?

Either way, still shocked they bothered you as a Diamond.

I recently was asked for my AAA card at Marriott (I'm lifetime Titanium). First time ever they bothered me. I had it and showed... just stunned they annoy us high level elites with this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Wow, a Diamond member asked for an MVP rate ID. I'm shocked. Did you also use online check-in? So you can buy-pass the front desk? Or did you check in at the FD and that's when they asked?

I recently was asked for my AAA card at Marriott (I'm lifetime Titanium). First time ever they bothered me. I had it and showed... just stunned they annoy us high level elites with this.
At the desk. If it's somewhere I've stayed many times, I skip the lobby, but I always like to talk to the staff at check-in and get a feel for the place at new or infrequent properties.

Last edited by NapaPatTours; Dec 22, 2019 at 7:12 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

What does it matter what your status is regarding whether you are a legitimate AAA member? Or AARP? Or Government employee?
sdsearch and bon mot like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What does it matter what your status is regarding whether you are a legitimate AAA member? Or AARP? Or Government employee?
In my experience staff don't bother top tier elites. In years when I have been lower status (both at Hilton and Starwood), I have never been asked anything. Yet in years, where my status dropped below top tier, I was asked to see ID more frequently. Now of course this could be a coincidence, and clearly it's just a data point of one. But that was my personal experience so I was interested to see what his status was. I don't disagree with your tenet, and it shouldn't matter... but sometimes top tier elites are treated more kindly than lower tiers.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
In my experience staff don't bother top tier elites. In years when I have been lower status (both at Hilton and Starwood), I have never been asked anything. Yet in years, where my status dropped below top tier, I was asked to see ID more frequently. Now of course this could be a coincidence, and clearly it's just a data point of one. But that was my personal experience so I was interested to see what his status was. I don't disagree with your tenet, and it shouldn't matter... but sometimes top tier elites are treated more kindly than lower tiers.
I am both a AAA and AARP member, and pay for both. I find it neither an annoyance or an unkindness when I'm asked to show ID. As a matter of fact, I'm glad when I am. However, since Hilton makes you put in the numbers for both I think the instance of them asking to see the actual cards has diminished.

And honestly I've been Blue and I've been Gold and I've been Diamond, and I guess because I don't mind being asked I can't recall which status had me being asked more or less. I get more annoyed when an airline GA intimates that we must be in the First Class line by mistake..."We are only boarding FIRST CLASS now!" - I do find that insulting and unkind.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had one guy at check-in who was honest, explaining that he was asking for ID because even though he recognized me by sight as a regular guest, he was unable to match my appearance to the name on the reservation. I had one new clerk asked me for ID, and while I was forking it over, the person next to him got off the phone, looked up and said at the same time, "Welcome back, Mr. Scrounger!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.