Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carls888
This is the first time this has shown up when I am choosing a room... I wonder if they are going to start requiring this. Has anyone booked that is not a US citizen?
Been using this rate for years and am not a US resident or citizen. I am not aware of the text which states this is a requirement
Points Scrounger and carls888 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Any recent experience with the MVP fast track to Gold? Is it possible to join this challenge if you're already Gold?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:33 am

Assuming that I book MVP fares under my name for two rooms for 4 people total (2 in each room), how many "sports affiliate ids" (e.g., USGA memberships) am I supposed to have among the 4 people? One? Two? Four?

I realize things are often not checked, but I'd like to "play by the rules" if possible, at least for this (extended) family trip.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by savemone
Assuming that I book MVP fares under my name for two rooms for 4 people total (2 in each room), how many "sports affiliate ids" (e.g., USGA memberships) am I supposed to have among the 4 people? One? Two? Four?

I realize things are often not checked, but I'd like to "play by the rules" if possible, at least for this (extended) family trip.
Only one of you - so one.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have used this rate for years without having it been questioned once (for ID).
Moderator2 and aspenedelen like this.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Oct 28, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Only one of you - so one.
Got it, very helpful!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
It's finally happened; I was asked for Sports Affiliation ID at check-in. I've been carrying the thing around for years, and was considering leaving it at home this last trip.

Not sure if it was just an "eager-beaver", or if this is the start of a trend.

Just an FYI.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
It's finally happened; I was asked for Sports Affiliation ID at check-in. I've been carrying the thing around for years, and was considering leaving it at home this last trip.

Just an FYI.
We have it, but not sure if I can easily prove it!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an FYI.
Can you mention (in general at least) where this was? In the US, outside the US, for example? Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Can you mention (in general at least) where this was? In the US, outside the US, for example? Thanks.
Hilton Concord California.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hilton Concord California.
Must be taking some lessons from the Doubletree down in Newark, CA.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought it was only Homewood Suites that still required a sports membership?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Just an FYI.
What sports ID did you show? Did they accept it without issue?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:49 pm

Local mid-west sports league. Yes, they accepted w/o issue.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:03 am

As has been mentioned upthread, there are many easy options. If I didn't already have an affiliation, I would probably join the USGA ($25 yr); USEF ($25 yr), or any of hundreds of other sports groups/teams.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: deleted post quote & response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.