Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I have an MVP stay starting tomorrow (Friday) and when I checked the cancellation policy last week it was Tuesday at midnight
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by absdotan99
MVP rates used to be refundable (2 or 3 days) in 2018. It looks that this was recently changed and all the MVP rates are now non-refundable. Is that correct?
I have referred to booking made from now own. I also had reservation made in Dec2018 for Jan2019 that were fully refundable.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:17 am

I have referred to booking made from now own. I also had reservation made in Dec2018 for Jan2019 that were fully refundable.
Have found no such thing for several MVP bookings made within past two weeks.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
MVP rates used to be refundable (2 or 3 days) in 2018. It looks that this was recently changed and all the MVP rates are now non-refundable. Is that correct?
I booked a room in Orlando a couple days ago for a one night stay next month that is refundable.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
All of my MVP bookings are refundable. Few are >24 hrs but not an issue for me. nb. Before you accept a booking it will tell you the last cancellation date/time (also shows in the room description).
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Can you provide an example, please? I haven't seen this myself so I would like to check it out. For which hotel and which dates are you seeing MVP rates being non-refundable?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Reservations made this week are the usual cancellation periods.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It has always been the case that the cancellation period varies from hotel to hotel for MVP, just like any other rates.

It will frequently mirror the Best Available Rate cancellation policy, but at some hotels will be more strict, or in at least one case I've seen, more relaxed (although in fairness, I suspect that was a mistake - it was even better than our corporate rate cancellation policy!)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends on the hotel and the stay dates.

One hotel gives me 2 or 3 days refundable most dates, but for next week 30 days refundable (and thus non-refundable if I booked less than 30 days out). Then it goes back to 2 or 3 days refundable for later weeks (as it was for this week).

So did you see this in many places for many stay dates, or were you just looking in one location at one small range of stay dates? Hotels can change their refund policy for special events and such, and it has nothing to do with MVP as far as I can see.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:07 am
Suspended

Havent used thios code in awhile, went to my bookmark page and found this: Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc.

Dont recall ever seeing that before, are the hotels now enforcing this or is it BAU?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by craz
Havent used thios code in awhile, went to my bookmark page and found this: Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc.

Dont recall ever seeing that before, are the hotels now enforcing this or is it BAU?
I don't use the portal, but I believe language similar to that has been around for quite awhile. I had a 5 night MVP stay in PHX at a HGI in January and no id was requested. I do belong to the USGA and have a membership card that is usually with me. I've never been asked for any affiliation information.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I use the MVP rate any time it is available (30+ stays per year) and have never had anyone question it. But I also have a membership with USA hockey should I ever need it.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've used it many times at several properties, never questioned.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've used it many times at several properties, never questioned.
Ive used it myself many times over the years and have The MVP pg bookmarked. Usually Im able to put in the code # in corp codes slot and it shows whats available. The other day I decided to switch hotels for night #1 and the code for non-Hilton/HGI hotels wouldnt take , but the one for Hil/HGI would, so I went to my bookmark pg and low and behold the page was different with on the bottom the part I posted above

Didnt want to waste an extra 5k in pts to book an award night

fwiw the code staring with 56xxxxxxx didnt return any properties , yet it did when using the MVP pg where you dot input the code

Last edited by craz; Feb 27, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Went to the site about an hour ago to book a Hampton for next Wednesday, and did not see the warning Craz received. I have noticed it in the past few months on occasion, though. As it turned out the MVP rate was only $3 less than the AAA or AARP price.

For that small dollar deviation, I booked the AARP rate, as it gives me an automatic 2pm check-out. While most Hamptons would agree to a Gold's 2pm request, why take the chance of a no. There is a slight chance I may take advantage this upcoming trip of the late check-out. Plus it eliminates 100% of the chance MVP ID is requested - although in a half dozen years of regular use, no one has ever raised even an eyebrow on its use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.