Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Give it a few days, I have often had a stay show zero and two or three days later the points show up.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Give it a few days, I have often had a stay show zero and two or three days later the points show up.
Thanks. I just checked after posting on here and funnily enough they are there now. I have never noticed that before I usually see them when it initially posts.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
It's been a long time since I've used this rate (don't stay at Hiltons very often anymore). Anyways, I had to use the old 560041604 for my upcoming stay in Cancun. Hope it works ok.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Would membership of a local golf club/centre qualify for the sports affiliation required for the MVP rate? Or does it have to be a national/international sports body e.g. the USGA?
Just wanted to report back that I stayed twice at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cusco on the MVP rate (first time for me) and there was no request for any sports affiliation ID ^.

Thanks all.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Just wanted to report back that I stayed twice at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cusco on the MVP rate (first time for me) and there was no request for any sports affiliation ID
If they insist, just tell them you are an athletic supporter and offer to show them as you reach for your belt
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
In searching for a rate in FL next Feb I came across a property that is offering an MVP rate on a Mobility King, but no other rooms. This includes a mobility Double and a standard King. I don't think I've seen this before.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
In searching for a rate in FL next Feb I came across a property that is offering an MVP rate on a Mobility King, but no other rooms. This includes a mobility Double and a standard King. I don't think I've seen this before.
I have seen instances where the only basic rooms available are accessible rooms.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by anabolism
I have seen instances where the only basic rooms available are accessible rooms.
The strange thing here is that they are offering it on a Mobility King, but not a Mobility Double. Other standard rooms are $30-40 higher/night. The MVP rate equals the cost of my points on a 5th night free stay at a different nearby property.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bworrell
It's been a long time since I've used this rate (don't stay at Hiltons very often anymore). Anyways, I had to use the old 560041604 for my upcoming stay in Cancun. Hope it works ok.
FYI -- No issues using the old code for the MVP rate. Full points posted.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
I do most of my work travel in the fall, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'd say 85% of the places I booked in Fall 2016 and Fall 2015 had an MVP rate available.

This year, staying at largely the same areas/places (mostly small towns and mid-size cities across the U.S. with a mix of HGIs, Hamptons, Embassy Suites, Hiltons, and Curios), I notice a lot fewer of them have MVP rates available now...maybe only 50% now.

I caved in and finally got a AAA membership since that lowered the rate, sometimes significantly, for the places that weren't offering the MVP rate.

I was wondering if I'm just an anomaly, or if places are starting to tighten up on offering the MVP rate?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
There have always been some hotels which never had MVP rates where you needed AAA rates (really miss the Team USA rate since that was between MVP and AAA and almost always when a property did not have MVP there did have a few of those rates). I still see a lot of MVP rates, but as noted its sometimes not on all room types (usually about half of them), but I have noticed there does seem to be at least slightly less then there had been.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Like Evo40, I am seeing fewer MVP rates. Since I restrict my room search, it's possible that there are MVP rooms that I am not seeing, as Miesque mentions.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I've always had the MVP rate credit for stay and points with the exception of Homewood Suites. This happened again at the La Quinta property. It shows up as a stay but no points. Contacted diamond desk who first stated it was a third party booking site, later amended to mean an ineligible rate but would open a case.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by Miesque
There have always been some hotels which never had MVP rates where you needed AAA rates (really miss the Team USA rate since that was between MVP and AAA and almost always when a property did not have MVP there did have a few of those rates). I still see a lot of MVP rates, but as noted its sometimes not on all room types (usually about half of them), but I have noticed there does seem to be at least slightly less then there had been.
I have had MVP credit just fine from the La Quinta Homewood property in a prior year...

I wonder what is happening.

Try filling out the missing points from instead...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:17 am

For the most part, the MVP rate has gone the way of the Dodo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.