Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I had four MVP stays last week that all posted per normal.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by andset1191
Has anyone had experience of MVP bookings being ineligible for HH credit? I have a stay that has posted as ineligible for anything at all.
It's a property mistake. They have a field they can check that declares the stay is ineligible regardless of the facts. I had them do that to me one time and it took several emails to get it corrected. HH kept saying if the property flagged it as such it must be. I finally found an HH agent that looked beyond that and resolved the issue.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I had four MVP stays last week that all posted per normal.
Same here. Just returned from a 5 day 4700+ mile (Flew 2100+ Drove 2600+) road trip and had one night stays at four different HGI's in UT/NM/OK/IN all under MVP. All posted points and bonuses. Ended up with average room rate around $98 and got 20,290 points + whatever I will get from Amex for a Surpass bonus. Now I just need to catch up on some sleep.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Would membership of a local golf club/centre qualify for the sports affiliation required for the MVP rate? Or does it have to be a national/international sports body e.g. the USGA?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Would membership of a local golf club/centre qualify for the sports affiliation required for the MVP rate? Or does it have to be a national/international sports body e.g. the USGA?
I've never had a property check when using the MVP rate, but if you want to cover the bases, any sports affiliation should work fine. I still think that verbiage creeped out of some old library and is not meant to be there in the first place. Given how little properties actually know about the program rules, should they ask, anything will fly (United Underwater Basket Weaving League of New Brunswick, the ole UUBWLNB! Go Team Go!).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I've never had a property check when using the MVP rate, but if you want to cover the bases, any sports affiliation should work fine. I still think that verbiage creeped out of some old library and is not meant to be there in the first place. Given how little properties actually know about the program rules, should they ask, anything will fly (United Underwater Basket Weaving League of New Brunswick, the ole UUBWLNB! Go Team Go!).
Ooo that's handy I'm also a member of the UUBWLNB .

Thanks Roger, sounds like I'll be ok. Was just a bit worried as I haven't booked an MVP rate before.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Ooo that's handy I'm also a member of the UUBWLNB .

Thanks Roger, sounds like I'll be ok. Was just a bit worried as I haven't booked an MVP rate before.
I've used the MVP rate around 40 times in the past two years in something like 10 different states at a variety of Hilton brands. To date:

* One front desk clerk remarked something to the effect of "Oooh, you're on an 'MVP rate.'"

* Nobody has ever mentioned the sports affliation, much less asked for proof.

Note: I usually do e-check-in.

I have a USGA membership (which gives you a plastic membership ID card) in case anyone ever decides to ask.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Evo40
I've used the MVP rate around 40 times in the past two years in something like 10 different states at a variety of Hilton brands. To date:

* One front desk clerk remarked something to the effect of "Oooh, you're on an 'MVP rate.'"

I have a USGA membership (which gives you a plastic membership ID card) in case anyone ever decides to ask.
Only once was my use of MVP rate mentioned... and that was an advance call from the property sale's office. They noticed my affiliation and used it as a lead hoping for a potential tip to scouting for a future event venue. This property's sales team also hosted an open bar once a week in the C-lounge to network with their guests. That night usually had a 2-1 ratio of guests to staff.....
Old May 1, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Talking

Originally Posted by Evo40

+1. I haven't used it as much as you (more like 20 times) but have also never been asked about ID. No one has ever mentioned the rate to me either.

Most recently I saw the new verbiage where it states you "must" show sports affiliation ID, so I bought the USGA $10 membership just in case. I didn't even have the card yet (it hadn't shipped). No mention re needing ID at check-in at all.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I note the Wiki says only Homewood suites still say ID required at check-in. I've just looked at the Hilton Bogota and using the MVP corporate code it says "MVP PROGRAM HILTON HONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

I appreciate others' comments above that the chances of being asked for ID are next to none.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by danger
I note the Wiki says only Homewood suites still say ID required at check-in. I've just looked at the Hilton Bogota and using the MVP corporate code it says "MVP PROGRAM HILTON HONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

I appreciate others' comments above that the chances of being asked for ID are next to none.
**knocking on wood as I type** - never been asked. A year and a half ago I got a USGA membership card (it was $10 at that time, and I got a hat out of it plus the Rules of Golf which I gave to my son-in-law) just to have something, never been asked. If I am asked I'll just hold my finger over the expiration date.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold

I've never been asked either. Not a mention of it during check-in. I, too, was paranoid so last year I bought an American Poolplayers Association membership. Brought the membership card with me a couple times though I just stopped doing so. It's a non-issue.

Didn't bother renewing APA this year.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

If the property offers it - use digital check in too - I handed my drivers license to a property after using digital check in and he said I don't need that - just tell me your name and I'll hand you the key. He said, what's the point of digitally checking in if you have to hand over ID?

You can see from the thread that the MVP rate simply isn't monitored by the properties. And if it is the $10 USGA membership covers it. That is a valid sports affiliation. So for $10 you can sleep well. Even without it I suppose there could be some property out there policing it - but as you can see from this thread we haven't found it yet here on FT.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I've never been asked for any id of any description in any country with Hilton and certainly would never offer my photo Id etc.

USGA is $20 if you live abroad but you get a free bag tag and baseball cap. So worth it.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:55 pm

Ignore me, I posted about missing points on an MVP stay but they turned up. Sorry!

Last edited by wheatbeer; May 21, 2017 at 9:02 pm Reason: Deleted as points posted ok

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.