Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm a native New Englander, too!

For just one night, and because of several ^s, I think we're just going to stay in.

Between the Polar Bar and Juno I think we'll be fine.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond

In walking distance: Damn the Weather on 1st
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:33 pm

As mentioned, have the Arctic Club booked for $159.

The big Hilton just dropped to a rate of $112 for our one night.

While I thought the AC DT decor sounded cool, kind of put off by street noisy rooms.

Not married to either, just a quick day/night to go to the Art Museum, both hotels fairly convenient.

Help deciding?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
As mentioned, have the Arctic Club booked for $159.

The big Hilton just dropped to a rate of $112 for our one night.

While I thought the AC DT decor sounded cool, kind of put off by street noisy rooms.

Not married to either, just a quick day/night to go to the Art Museum, both hotels fairly convenient.

Help deciding?
Is staying at the Arctic Club worth + $47 to you? If just for one night, I don't consider the Arctic Club to be $47 better than the Hilton Downtown.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Is staying at the Arctic Club worth + $47 to you? If just for one night, I don't consider the Arctic Club to be $47 better than the Hilton Downtown.
Agreed. AC is kinda cool in a "Oh neat, everything is walrus-themed" sort of way, which is novel for about 10 minutes. Beyond that, it just feels like a haunted house. I can take it or leave it - if it were cheaper I'd stay there, and if the Hilton were cheaper, then that property would get my business.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
To each his or her own

The Arctic Club is very fun, very cool, and wonderfully furnished; rooms and public spaces have character and the restaurant is worth eating at.

The Hilton, to me, is like every other downtown convention hotel.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:48 am

What I will say is that I do really like the lobby and bar at the AC, and last time I was there they had a great happy hour. Maybe I'm having a change of heart again...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:00 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
In my experience, they are also very good about upgrading Diamonds. As noted somewhere upstream, we had a top floor room with a small balcony.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:40 am

$112 is a really good price for a downtown Seattle hotel, especially after Christmas bills . And that Purple Wine Bar someone mentioned upstream is close by.

I'll save the Arctic Club for the next time we come up for a Mariners game, they're only a stop or two away on the light rail (although Silver Cloud Stadium is sooo convenient).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
$112 is a really good price for a downtown Seattle hotel, especially after Christmas bills . And that Purple Wine Bar someone mentioned upstream is close by.

I'll save the Arctic Club for the next time we come up for a Mariners game, they're only a stop or two away on the light rail (although Silver Cloud Stadium is sooo convenient).
I am a semi-regular at Purple, but it is not cheap! More for drinks and atmosphere than food ($$$).

The remark looks weird if you haven't stayed there, but I totally got the haunted house comparison. I prefer the Hilton's lounge for reception and breakfast over Juno.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:07 pm

We recently stayed at the doubletree Emily Morgan in San Antonio and that was supposed to be haunted, but we didn't see anything, kinda disappointed in that.

We might cheap out completely in Seattle and get the early bird dinner at The Capital Grille.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
We are heading to the AC in a week, and looking forward to it from all the positive reviews I saw here. Seems like it should be a great hotel.

I did want to see about the area, as I've heard Pioneer Square can get a little sketchy at night. Any recommendations for good beers/cocktails and perhaps lunch spots in the area? It seems to be a bit further from the regular downtown spots.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
It is still a great property.

Originally Posted by FivePointPack
We are heading to the AC in a week, and looking forward to it from all the positive reviews I saw here. Seems like it should be a great hotel.

I did want to see about the area, as I've heard Pioneer Square can get a little sketchy at night. Any recommendations for good beers/cocktails and perhaps lunch spots in the area? It seems to be a bit further from the regular downtown spots.
Having done nearly thirty stays here in the last four years, it's still a great property.

The hotel itself has a great cocktail bar itself and busy for happy hour for locals and later for hotel guests. http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...america-2016-8

There are a lot of new guest agents for check in, so don't beat them up for lack of knowledge, but usually all the managers are experienced.

As for beers, I cannot help there. Sorry. The Purple Cafe is a less than 10 minute walk and is excellent, including the food. Some of the staff can be a bit snooty, but don't let that put you off.

Shuckers across the street from the Purple Cafe, is one of my favorites in the area.

After all my stays, I liked Seattle so much I moved there
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:07 pm
cwc

Is there something going on in the Arctic Club? I am trying to make a reservation (either with money or award point) in March for 2nts, everything is >$200 per night!!! Or >60K point?!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by cwc
Is there something going on in the Arctic Club? I am trying to make a reservation (either with money or award point) in March for 2nts, everything is >$200 per night!!! Or >60K point?!

Completely normal.

The Arctic Club is definitely worth $200 a night for a stay. In busy times, I've been happy to pay $259 a night, when the Courtyard down the street was charging $329.

March in Seattle is already busy with bookings and the AC already shows some sold out nights.

I'm seeing $171-239 a night depending on dates in March, which are not already sold out. My corp booking tool is showing $229 with negotiated rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.