Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: UA/CO Silver
I made an award booking at the CAT 2 rate and was relocated to the Hilton Kuala Lumpur. Now, I was sent a CAT 6 reward certificate for that stay.
Does anyone know if I can cancel my award stay at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and use the CAT 6 reward certificate at a different hotel?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kuwakku
I made an award booking at the CAT 2 rate and was relocated to the Hilton Kuala Lumpur. Now, I was sent a CAT 6 reward certificate for that stay.
Does anyone know if I can cancel my award stay at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and use the CAT 6 reward certificate at a different hotel?
it might work but its risky....your award certificate is associated with your reservation number as well....
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: UA/CO Silver
Originally Posted by saad
it might work but its risky....your award certificate is associated with your reservation number as well....
Thanks for your response. Don't think I will push my luck. I guess I got a good deal out of it already.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kuwakku
Thanks for your response. Don't think I will push my luck. I guess I got a good deal out of it already.
good call....
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:04 pm
soy

Programs: various
Any thoughts on location of this vs Hilton Sentral? Am trying to decide on where to stay this Oct. Be my First time in KL so hoping to catch a few sights. Will stay 2 nights.

The Hilton looks good but am tempted by the Doubletree is half the cost due to 2for1 deal.

Last edited by soy; Jun 27, 2010 at 3:56 pm
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy
Any thoughts on location of this vs Hilton Sentral? Am trying to decide on where to stay this Oct. Be my First time in KL so hoping to catch a few sights. Will stay 2 nights.
Location is not as good as say Bukit Bintang, but its only about 10 min walk to KLCC. I would pick the DT if I were a tourist in KL.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Great hotel / haven't stayed yet

Booked award as CAT2 long time ago. They didn't make it to July, it's going to be open August 2010.

They booked me a Hilton Kuala Lumpur as a rewrd stay, credited necessary amount of points to my HHonors account and issued new H603 certificate ^^ Fantastic treatment.

Got an automatic upgrade in Hilton KL to Executive room. Marvelous stay!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone stayed here????i'm tempted to check it out on my next stay in november....
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
As SPG Platinum, just asked for a status match to HH. Got offered Gold with 4 stays in 90 days. I'll stay here in an executive suite for the 2for1 offer next Saturday.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VanMan
As SPG Platinum, just asked for a status match to HH. Got offered Gold with 4 stays in 90 days. I'll stay here in an executive suite for the 2for1 offer next Saturday.
you should put in a request again with hilton....sometimes it takes a few tries before you get what you want with them....

looking forward to a trip report on the doubletree....i am booked here for 3 nights in december....wanted to stay here during my trip next month as well but went with the westin instead....
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Doubletree Kuala Lumpur Trip Reports and Reviews

Nobody from FT stayed here? I might check it out for one night a couple of weeks out. I'm booked at the Hilton KL for most of the week, but taking a trip to Singapore for one night and could easily switch hotels when I get back to KL. I'm just not sure about the convenience vs. Hilton KL.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm just not sure about the convenience vs. Hilton KL.
Apart from the absence of a major train station next door, the Doubletree is in a much better location than the Hilton.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Nobody from FT stayed here? I might check it out for one night a couple of weeks out. I'm booked at the Hilton KL for most of the week, but taking a trip to Singapore for one night and could easily switch hotels when I get back to KL. I'm just not sure about the convenience vs. Hilton KL.
I stayed there in August. It's a big, beautiful hotel and the rooms are among the best in Asia. The Executive lounge was not yet open so they arranged for my breakfast in the restaurant and comp'd my snacks and drinks at other outlets throughout the hotel, day and night. Staff went out of their way to accommodate and recognize me (impressive in a hotel with 500+ rooms). Without hesitation, I say go for it.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAuhoh
I stayed there in August. It's a big, beautiful hotel and the rooms are among the best in Asia. The Executive lounge was not yet open so they arranged for my breakfast in the restaurant and comp'd my snacks and drinks at other outlets throughout the hotel, day and night. Staff went out of their way to accommodate and recognize me (impressive in a hotel with 500+ rooms). Without hesitation, I say go for it.
UAuhoh, thanks for the feedback. Coming back from KLIA to Sentral, what's the best way to get to the DT?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAuhoh
great....i hope the lounge is open during my stay next month....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.