Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Melbourne South Wharf {AUS} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Melbourne South Wharf {AUS} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: HHonours
^^^^

and....

:-:
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:58 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredd
And Mrs. Fredd and I enjoyed breakfasting with you in the Lounge the morning you checked out subsequent to Oz Fest in ADL.
As I did with you. Funny to think that we were both at 3 different hotels at the same time this trip. Quite a coincidence.

I'm glad to hear that the evening appetizers improved while you were there. Your list sounds much better that what was offered Sunday night. I'm glad I wasn't around for the mud pie or Sue Oz would have had some competition.

SWInsider a belated welcome to FlyerTalk. My return to the SW does prove that despite the serious problems I encountered during my first stay last year, I did see the potential the property had and was anxious to return once the kinks were worked out. And this time I actually remembered to take a picture of the brillo pad wall hanging (which I found facsinating and humerous at the same time).
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Are they still posting out via the mail a copy of the room statement after you have checked out?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Asuka
Are they still posting out via the mail a copy of the room statement after you have checked out?
Hmm, don't know. If you like, you can email me your stay details and I'll ask for one to be sent to you. (Presuming it's not via Wotif etc?)
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Will be here at HSW for the week in case any one is around, mainly working during the day.

Haven't seen much of Melbourne, since my extraction from Sydney and they posted me 33km out south of the city.

If anyone wants a tag along partner or company, let me know
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Stayed there last night - only departed early this afternoon.

33Km South of the City? http://maps.google.com.au/maps?clien...l&hl=en&tab=wl
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by serfty
Stayed there last night - only departed early this afternoon.

33Km South of the City? http://maps.google.com.au/maps?clien...l&hl=en&tab=wl
Didn't load, but Springvale is that far out, maybe South East would be better wording.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... I live further out down the coast toward Frankston; that's why we often overnight in the city.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:28 am
Suspended

Same reason I'm here, too much of a pain to travel into the city each day as I'll be on training all week, yet I'll fly 26 hours to NY and spend less than 24 hours there

Great staff at reception, welcomed me back and since my room was not ready offered to give me a call on the mobile when it was ready, even took my carry on up to my room before my return.

It's the little things that count, rather than just being treated like a number.

Room Photos

Not as high as last time, but not too fussed, great view, better than my neighbours fence!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Asuka
Great staff at reception, welcomed me back and since my room was not ready offered to give me a call on the mobile when it was ready, even took my carry on up to my room before my return.

It's the little things that count, rather than just being treated like a number.
^^^
Very happy with that kind of thing!
Thanks for your PM also....working on it!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
I'll be staying here over Labor Day Weekend (for those of us here in the United States). Thank you for the great information on this property. I'm looking forward to my first visit to Melbourne.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I'm a big fan of the local Hilton properties - particularly Sydney which does a fantastic job of recognising (and upgrading) regular guests. Sadly, I won't be giving this hotel my business.

Who builds a brand new, "5 Star" hotel and doesn't put in a pool?

Seriously...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
Everything I hear about this property is great, to the point where I need to stop drooling and stay there on my next visit. Damm you all!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
I'm a big fan of the local Hilton properties - particularly Sydney which does a fantastic job of recognising (and upgrading) regular guests. Sadly, I won't be giving this hotel my business.

Who builds a brand new, "5 Star" hotel and doesn't put in a pool?

Seriously...
It is unfortunate that you won't be staying with us, but I do understand why. This is a comment I hear often.

I think it was a choice between the gigantic Executive Lounge and a pool, and due to the "market segment" the hotel is aimed at, they went with the Lounge...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thewinchester
Everything I hear about this property is great, to the point where I need to stop drooling and stay there on my next visit. Damm you all!
I can offer a differing, although unpopular opinion for you, to make you feel better. My first visit there was unbelievably bad. I'll shoot you a PM with the details. Although the hotel did not resolve the issues, Hilton Corporate did. Since the property was newly opened when it occurred, I chalked it up to a one-off experience. I had a pleasant, albeit short stay there following OzFest 7--and yes I was indeed remembered by the management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.