Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Non-Refundable Advance Reservations and Room Rates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Refundable Advance Reservations and Room Rates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Advance Purchase - is it?

I need to make a booking at the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio for 6 nights in early April, but have been holding back in the optimistic hope that the exchange rate (paying in GBP) may move in my favour.

For the last two months the advance purchase rate has been $156, but in the last week I have seen it at $189, $179, $156 and $152. So I'm kind of leaning towards paying the current $152 rate and having done with it.

However, last year I made a booking at the Caribe Hilton on the advance purchase rate in April, but my credit card was not charged until the first night of my stay in August, and in $ by the hotel.

So, when will I actually be charged, and what in what currency? I'll be booking through Hilton.co.uk via BMI online shopping if it makes any difference.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have had Hiltons charge pre-paid immediately, sometimes the charge is in the week before and other times on check in/out.

In fact, I have had my "home" Hilton do all three over the last few years.

Most often though, is for the charge to be debited soon after confirming the booking.

It's a real YMMV.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
My two or three pre=paids have been charged pretty much right after booking it (months in advance). I thought that was SOP, but apparently not?!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
I only did 2 pre-paid bookings so far. Both for March in 2 Manchester Hiltons.
Both reservations done on 11.01.
One was deducted 11.01., the other at 23.01.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 2:39 pm

Of my last 4 bookings 2 were charged on my last day of stay, and 2 were charged at the time of booking........so, no idea!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hard to say about the Kuhio, but most of the few prepaid stays I have had in the last two months all charged a day or so from booking. (HGIs, Hiltons in LON and Mainz.)
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:12 am

Need advise with non-refundable rate

Hi folks,

I do have a prepaid, non-refundable reservation (January Sale) for one night which I'll not be able to use. I do not care about the money but I really need this stay to achive Diamond. Does anybody have a good advise who to contact or what to do / try / say to get my reservatuion rescheduled?

Thanx
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:14 am

Where? Soon?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:24 am

Netherlands in 5 weeks
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by servus
Hi folks,

I do have a prepaid, non-refundable reservation (January Sale) for one night which I'll not be able to use. I do not care about the money but I really need this stay to achive Diamond. Does anybody have a good advise who to contact or what to do / try / say to get my reservatuion rescheduled?

Thanx
Maybe you know somebody who wants to use the reservation and ask Hilton to add his/her name as second guest. Then contact the hotel that he/she will be checkin in before you arrive.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi servus,

Is there any way you can be at the hotel during any part of the day of your reservation? I had a similar situation a couple of years ago at the Hilton Hobby Airport (Houston, TX), where I had made a pre-paid reservation for a particular night but ended up having to travel through Houston and beyond on that day. The hotel was nice enough to let me come over and "check in" at 10:00 a.m., then immediately check me out, allowing me to earn a stay and night credit.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:54 pm

There's no way I'll be able to make it to the Netherlands on that day. I'm thousands of miles away. Also thought about sending someone else instead but unfortunately my sister, her boyfriend and my best friend is travelling with me on the "second" trip.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:56 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by servus
Hi folks,

Thanx
Surely you've got the rest of the year to make Diamond as it is now on a yearly basis and not Rolling Tier now. Will one night really make that much difference to your future stays and ability to make Diamond? I would however suggest you ring the hotel direct and explain - they may let you reschedule the stay but certainly are under no obligation to do so. Good luck.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
May I suggest you call the hotel and speak to somebody (as high up in management as possible) with the authority to help? Explain your predicament and that you are only interested in the stay being recorded and not your money back. You may be pleasantly surprised. This happens more often than you may think.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I would give up on that one and just find a super cheap hilton chain someplace along the way where you will be in the next five weeks, check in, and leave. Even if it's something you are just driving by. If you don't check in, you won't get the credit for the stay (or at least should not) so let that one go. Just pick up that one night someplace else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.