Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:24 pm
Formerly known as cindyrcollins

Programs: Aeroplan
We took a car from CDG arranged by the hotel. I think it was 150 euros with tip. We arrived early in the morning and they let us check in right away. I really liked this hotel-it's quiet, elegant, and the staff were very nice. We wanted a cappuccino and croissant in the morning, but not the full breakfast- they happily brought us this and then insisted on not charging us for it. The town is lovely. They called us a cab to get to central Paris and that was 50 euros plus tip. The view from the terrace dining room is beautiful, and the large dining room that was used for the weekend brunch was the site of the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, which was interesting for my daughter who is studying that currently in grade ten history. I do not have status but due to some summer promotion, I got 25000+ points for this stay. The pool area was also very nice, but attended by a stern young French woman with no time for our ignorance of French bathing customs!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Just come back from Versailles, as said before great hotel, great location.

But no breakfast vouchers for Diamonds anymore.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG
I was here just last week, no breakfast voucher but the drinks chit they give out is good for $30 cocktails!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Stayed in WA Versailles for two nights last week and was very happy with my stay.
I was only upgraded from Pavillion room to Pavillion room with view - they actually apologized for this at check-in and explained that they were fullbooked for my second night.
I found my room to be very nice and spacious (had just stayed for 3 nights in Paris in a room that was very small). And I didn't mind the location in the pavillion at all - very quiet and private. They have an underground walkway to the main building, so no problem going there.
I had booked a Breakfast rate and we enjoyed the breakfast very much.
Received a voucher for two drinks and we both had champagne - my son was quite pleased that they served him champagne without asking for his age.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Booked a paid stay, flash sale advanced rate, for Apr Thu 2nd to Fri 3rd, 180€, Pavillon room with garden view.

Got offered after booking an upgrade for 0€ to Palace building which I of course accepted.

Check in was efficient and nice as always. One of the best front desk teams I know. Room in the 4th as far as I remember, view to hotel garden. Deluxe room with chimney. WC seperate.

As Gold we got a voucher for two glasses in the bar, we took champagne.

Breakfast we had of course, 29€ per person. But it is worth it. Many choices, salmon super fresh, cook to order, variety of cheese, many french guests here which is a good sign. Super attentive service team.

This time no dinner as we had a booking already at Julien, but as we love the La Veranda restaurant we are looking forward to our next dinner here.

Dear team, thank you for the perfect service, and for keeping up the standard of this wonderful hotel. We will come again. Next time Diamond!

And: Teach your colleagues in Paris, they can learn a lot from you
Old May 9, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
According to a notice on my reservation, the hotel offers a free shuttle service to Paris from July 13. to August 23.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:40 am

Are taxis readily available at Versailles train station and how much is a cab ride from there to WA Trianon Palace Versailles?
Old May 10, 2015, 6:34 pm

I would not count on taxis being available at the train station. When we went last June, we arrived to find no taxis (there were 8 of us). We called the hotel and asked them to send taxis to pick us up, still nothing (and based on all other interactions with the staff, I really believe they called them). We ended up walking as far as the Chateau (about three quarters of the way to the hotel) before we found any taxis and even then, we had to "borrow" a couple from people who had arranged them and not shown up to take them. It was the Father's day weekend and there was a train strike imminent (of course, when isn't there!), so our experience may not have been typical but I would not rely on being able to find a cab from the train station.
Having said that, if we had not had elderly parents along, we could have comfortably walked to the hotel with our carry on luggage, even after travelling most of the day by train from London. It is not a particularly challenging or long walk.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SR12
Are taxis readily available at Versailles train station and how much is a cab ride from there to WA Trianon Palace Versailles?
There are three stations in Versailles! The answer about taxis does depend on which one you'll be arriving at.

A taxi from the furthest, Chantiers, should be about 10-15 euros (suitcases are extra for example)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Award stay

Recent award stay- 2 rooms two nights- Diamond status. Upgraded to palace deluxe - spacious rooms. Status got me upgrade along with wifi and two drinks per night.
Some details:
Cab for five of us was 50 euros from gare de Lyon after getting in on the tgv
Village of Versailles was a short walk to Boulanger (15 mins) for those who wish to eschew the 30 E. breakfast.
Bar/ restaurant area was nice place to down the gratis cocktails. Great atmosphere. Drinks are pricey (18-20e). We got food in Versailles where there are many reasonable dining options. Was offered late checkout (1500) which allowed us a full day at the Palace and gardens.
All and all- good stay and would stay again if traveling to Paris/versailles

Last edited by landstuhldoc; Jul 7, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Good to hear they are treating Diamonds right. I'm headed there for 2 nights of my honeymoon in less than a month and hoping for a decent upgrade.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I drove in from Reims with a rental which was to be returned in Versailles. I queried the doorman about the distance and approximate time required to returned the rental car. He offered to do the return. I accepted and the return was completed by the hotel with no problems or additional charges.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I stayed here a few weeks ago. I booked the lowest room in the Pavilion building and was upgraded to a Deluxe Garden view in the Palace building. The room was nice (except for some drainage issues), but the view was underwhelming. The staff were all very friendly. I was given a drink coupon to be used at the outside bar, which was good for 2 drinks (>€30 worth).

The location is fantastic, with close proximity to the town and food, and is also easy if you want to access the Gardens of the Palace of Versailles or other parts of the estate.

I took advantage of the free shuttle that they offer to Paris for a portion of the summer. Instead of dropping us off at the standard drop off location, the driver offered to take us directly to our next hotel. The shuttle can't be reserved in advance, though, and I had to reach out to the concierge to obtain the schedule.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Trianon Palace Versailles Occupancy Question

My parents and I are going to France, and they have booked a room at the Trianon Palace hotel as 2 adults and 1 child (me). I'm slightly over 18 (although I could pass as under 18). Will we have a problem at check in? The legal occupancy limit for the room is 3 guests, so we aren't breaking any laws as far as I know.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Children are up to the age of 17 on the Hilton booking page. You are 18 and an adult. Why not just book a room for three adults? Or contact the hotel and ask if they can provide a rollaway and what the charge will be. Some of the room descriptions say "A rollaway bed is available upon request."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.