Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:16 am

You should either rebook it properly or at least have a note added to the reservation to advise that you are now 18. They will require the passports of all guests, so it doesn't matter what you could pass for.
I don't think it will make any difference, but if it does, you will want to make sure that they can accommodate you.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks for the help.

I called them and changed the reservation to make it 3 adults. It was only €44 extra per night.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nwngeek212
Thanks for the help.

I called them and changed the reservation to make it 3 adults. It was only €44 extra per night.
Wise decision as you would have been required to show all passports at check in.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anyone encountered issues when requesting connecting rooms at this property? I just booked 2 rooms using points (K + 2T) but it won't work to have two children under 10 down the hall. Maybe I should email the front desk a few days in advance?

Also is it difficult to get late checkout here? We are planning to tour the palace in the morning, so it would be great to have a 2pm checkout.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:21 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Stayed here using my wife's free night certificate. I echo most of the comments in the thread. She is HH Gold. I'm not sure if we were upgraded, as we were in the Pavilion building but facing the (hotel's) gardens.

The breakfast was good, but I've had better (free as Diamond) breakfasts in regular Hiltons. The price seems to have changed since people last posted. It is now 38 euros per person for non-status members, and 25 euros per person for status members.

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
You should either rebook it properly or at least have a note added to the reservation to advise that you are now 18. They will require the passports of all guests, so it doesn't matter what you could pass for.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wise decision as you would have been required to show all passports at check in.
My passport wasn't requested at check-in despite my name being on the reservation (which we only did because I arrived in Paris 8 hours earlier, though in the end I didn't check in on my own)

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Also is it difficult to get late checkout here? We are planning to tour the palace in the morning, so it would be great to have a 2pm checkout.
Late checkout was available but we decided to just store our bags with the concierge - although you have to retrieve them from the valet outside the hotel for some reason.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Staying here for one night romantic excursion in January on a trip to Paris. Currently booked a KING SUPERIOR MANSARD ROOM with the romantic package mainly because it stated a confirmed upgrade in the rate info. I was curious if anyone has experience with this rate and the upgrade policy? I want to know if it is just a waste of money. I am a Hilton Gold if that makes any difference
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Has anyone stayed here recently, particularly as a HH Gold? I had read earlier in the thread about reduced rate breakfast rates for Hilton Gold/Diamond and cocktail vouchers but this seems to be in previous years.

Am looking at staying at the end of the month and also curious about what other people have done transportation wise. Am considering flying, probably into CDG because the timings work much better than ORY but might take the Eurostar from London. Anyone who has recent experiences with Uber, taxis, house cars from CDG/Gare du Nord would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Trip report: Used a ridiculous amount of points for a one-night stay last summer - we were pre-assigned to connecting rooms which were IMO some of the most luxurious "standard" rooms I've ever seen, particularly for Europe. Probably the best rooms of the entire trip, even exceeding my 1BR at the Marriott GS in London. We were unable to secure a late checkout so we packed up before our bike ride and left the bags with the staff. When we returned late-afternoon we went down to the pool for a couple of hours - the expansive pool locker rooms made this an easy task. The location is great though about a mile walk to the Palace entrance on the other side of the park.

Be forewarned: the one downside we encountered was trying to get an Uber or taxi outside the Palace entrance mid-afternoon. They all want customers who are taking more lucrative trips back to Paris. However we had no trouble getting rides at the hotel or back from the restaurant after dinner.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Thanks for the report!

I emailed the concierge and they have three options for arrivals:
1) E Class for 150 Euros
2) Mercedes Viano 220 Euros
3) Mercedes S Class/Tesla for 200 Euros.

For dropoff at CDG it's 110, 130 and 200 Euros respectively.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Excellent Stay

Just returned from one night stay - Saturday.

Booked a King Pavillon Garden View Room - lower end room, in the seperate building

Summer Sale B&B rate, booked B&B given no free breakfast for Diamonds

Took Nor1 to King Deluxe Room in Palace Building for extra 51 Euro

Nice surprise to see it was upgraded to King Deluxe Suite.

Check in at 12:00. Room not ready, but fine we went off for run and used the pool and gym. Gym great and nice fitness studio as well. Rather odd a 2nd gym can be found beside the pool, but you need to walk round the rool to get to it. Sauna and steam also great. never too busy and gym empty.

Room ready at 1400. It is essentially 2 rooms, bathroom with full size bath, twin sinks and shower. Bedroom with Nespresso machine and Evian Water free
Seperate living room, bedroom and living room with balconies.

2 free drinks vouchers given, can be used for champagne. At 1800 decided would go to resteraunt for dinner - was full. Lesson learned, book. Had room service same menu, just with 8Euro tray charge, was nice in the suite anyway.

very good breakfast and friendly staff and excellent food.

A very good stay and will be back, very hand for all sites. Took Uber from CDG, on the Sunday took RER to Gare St Lazare and walked to Opera.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finished my rather nice stay a few days ago now...

Booked the S Class to pick us up from CDG which worked out well, even though there was a bomb scare which had us held at customs about 10ft from the door to the public area for about 30 minutes....driver was waiting with sign in hand and walked us out to the new LWB S Class (with appearance package for those who care about their S Classes like I do ). Wifi and water in the car...maybe a 45min ride with no traffic...

Had booked a King Pavilion Room on points and holding out until late on OLCI worked out well as we were upgraded to a King Superior Mansard Room on the top floor of the original building. Amusingly there was a Diamond checking in next to me also for two nights that was complaining he wasn't upgraded from the Pavilion! I'd definitely consider the upgrade out of the basic room as the Pavilion did look rather like a building from my University or school on the outside, although we didn't go in.

A few other random notes:

-No free breakfast for Golds since this is a W-A but we did get the voucher for free drinks (up to champagne) at the Galerie bar.
-Room was rather nicely outfitted. Not huge but with lovely view out to the park. Ferragamo amenities in the room.
-Annoyingly the Gordon Ramsay au Trianon restaurant re-opened the day we left but we did have a lovely sunset dinner at the Veranda restaurant one night. I had noted it was my other half's 30th birthday when booking and we got the best table at the top of the steps. Only minor quibble was they brought the wrong champagne out (same brand and style but the NV) and it wasn't until after it had been opened we noticed, it was cheaper than the one I ordered
-We did avail ourselves of the pool area a few times. The sauna and steam room were a little functional over form but the large pool with sun deck were decent. Overall the pool/spa set up was nothing on say the IC Grande-Bretagne in Athens which is the closest hotel to this I've stayed at in the last year or so.
-Service was always excellent, got some good recommendations for lunch and dinners in the town itself which is maybe a 20min walk from the hotel depending upon pace. We got a phone call from the front desk on the second evening to check and see how our stay was going and to see if they could be of any assistance. This seemed to be in lieu of the typical call you get an hour or two from checking in. The only slip was we didn't get turndown service on night #2 despite leaving the "Please Refresh My Room" sign out from about 7pm onwards.
-A/C was a touch weak. We had it on full blast the entire time and I had to rearrange the bedclothes because the sheet was on top of the comforter and we were too hot with the comforter but my OH can't sleep on top of all the bedclothes. In fairness it was very hot by Parisian standards (between 31 and 37 celsius for most of the time)
-Given how busy the palace gets being so close for an early morning escape was much appreciated. Having the gardens so close (right by the hotel entrance) was very handy too.
-We took an Uber back to CDG. An X was 77 Euros (got a Peugeot 508, FWIW) and took about an 1hr 15mins due to heavy traffic and taking back roads. Uber Berline (the Parisian equivalent of Black/LUX) was seemingly never available but the fare quote was about 110 Euros.

For a Versailles trip (as this was for us, we never went into Paris) I'd have no hesitation about booking this place again.

Last edited by Fraser; Aug 31, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
It’s noted in the thread that there is no free breakfast for Gold since this is a W-A, but do Diamond members get free breakfast?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
It’s noted in the thread that there is no free breakfast for Gold since this is a W-A, but do Diamond members get free breakfast?
With the new benefits launched earlier this year Diamonds get breakfast at all WA properties. See the separate thread in this launched by our FT Honors Rep.

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Globalist

Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Can any recent Diamond stays please report on their experiences with upgrades or other perks that they might have been showered with...?
What is their policy with kids - a second question for those who might have taken little ones along... is it a kid friendly place? I'm thinking of a stay here vs. Paris La Defense...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Globalist

With the new benefits launched earlier this year Diamonds get breakfast at all WA properties. See the separate thread in this launched by our FT Honors Rep.

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Globalist

Excellent! Looking forward to my Diamond breakfast at my upcoming stay in May!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.