Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was disappointed at the diamond benefits, stated to me by a contact at the hotel:

With your Diamond level you will have three possibility at the check in :

- free up grade and local gift or

- 1000 points on your Diamond car or

- free internet access.

Please note the Trianon Palace Waldorf=Astoria Collection do not offer the free breakfast.
SCANDALOUS! The Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria Collection hotels gives also to GOLD member free breakfast plus room upgrade or Colosseo Lounge access
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
SCANDALOUS! The Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria Collection hotels gives also to GOLD member free breakfast plus room upgrade or Colosseo Lounge access
The breakfast in the past (Westin) was different to the "Hilton Breakfast" or "Westin Breakfast" you normally get in those chain properties.

It was high class French buffet breakfast with a lot of pastries, freshly pressed juices etc., also different to e.g. Hilton ADT Paris.

I guess the breakfast is a "Gordon Ramsey product". Cant remember the price, was not cheap (around 50-60 Euro buffet, around 30 Euro continental).

But in this case I would prefer if the quality remains like it used to be, and to pay for the breakfast, instead having some standard breakfast as a Diamond benefit, which would not fit to the noble atmosphere of the stay in the Trianon Palace, with view into the Versailles gardens.

Same thing with breakfast buffet at Intercontinental Le Grand Paris. The breakfast in Cafe de la paix there is incomparable to a standard breakfast. It is a great experience in a kind of royal atmosphere.

Do not misunderstand me please, nothing against a good "Hilton Breakfast", I like it. But I would like to have it at a modern or contemporary Hilton property such as ADT or other typical city hotels such as Hilton Frankfurt or Berlin. At Trianon Palace I prefer the breakfast I got the last years during Starwood times.

I never staid at Rome Cavalieri, so I have no idea about the breakfast there. As well I do not know the calculation, nor at Cavalieri, neither at Trianon Palace. It is not that I like to pay instead of having a Diamond benefit, I do not have money to waste. But we have to remain realistic. Gordon Ramsey will charge the breakfast to the hotel, the hotel to whom if it is a Gold or Diamond benefit? The owner? And he to Hilton?

In my eyes the Gold and Diamond VIP tiers have encoutered limits for the W=A collection "system".

Therefore I started a discussion about a special VIP tier for W=A collection frequent guests, see my following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-vip-tier.html

Owners of this "W=A Club VIP tier" could have full benefits such as room upgrades, complementary breakfast, and more, in W=A collection hotels (and eventually CONRAD resorts such as on the Maledives) comparable to the Intercontinental Hotels Group Royal Ambassador card.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:39 pm

The information on reward stays has been extended:

http://www.trianonpalace.com/special...ages/index.cfm

Discounted HHonors Rewards

Paris is the perfect destination for an all year around getaway. And its now fewer Hilton HHonors points away. Enjoy a 20% discount on reward stays of four nights at any of four luxurious Hilton Family hotels in the worlds most romantic city, including our newest addition to The Waldorf Astoria Collection. Offer valid for reward stays booked and completed between now and July 15, 2009.

Participating Hotels Reward Code

Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport PCH4N
Hilton Paris La Defense PLD4N
Hilton Paris Orly Airport POR4N
Trianon Palace Versailles, The Waldorf Astoria Collection TR4HS*/ TR4LS**

Take a romantic stroll along the banks of the River Seine, admire the gargoyles and views at the top of the Cathdrale de Notre Dame, tour the Muse dOrsay and the Louvre, and treat yourself to the unmatched gastronomical treats youre guaranteed to find throughout the City of Lights.

Book your dream Paris vacation today by calling Hilton Reservations and Customer Care and quoting the Reward Code associated with the participating hotel of your choice. See Reward Code list above for each participating hotel.

*TR4HS valid for reward stays between January 19 and February 28, 2009
**TR4LS valid for reward stays between March 1 and July 15, 2009

Special Offer Dates:
January 19 July 15, 2009

Terms and Conditions
All four-night reward stays must be booked and consumed by July 15, 2009 in order to receive the 20% discount. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

The Reward Codes could indicate two categories of rewards, a low and a high season reward:

- TR4HS - "Trianon Palace 4 nights High Season"
- TR4LS - "Trianon Palace 4 nights Low Season"

What could mean two point categories, same as in W=A New York City, one with 40,000 points, one with 60,000 points.

Only the dates are in contradiction with this presumption: Jan and Feb would be a low season, Mar to Jul would be a higher one, and the codes are put reverse to the dates. Maybe an error on the web page?

By the way the codes are not available for online booking, nor any reward stay at Trianon Palace yet.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: HH, FB, PC, SPG, UA
Are you sure it's really a "palace" ?

I've stayed at the Trianon Palace for the last Valentin night. First of all take care that you have two buildings. The Palace (suite and Deluxe Rooms) who is the hotel post on the picture and an additional building call the pavillon (Classic Room). This building is linked to the Palace by an underway a bit cool when you walk with your bathrobe and slippers to the swimming pool. A pretty good swimming pool but a sauna and a steam room not in use since a long time.
A Gerlain Spa very expensive but working all the week day.
As a Gold no upgrade due to a full occupancy but a complimentary half bottle of champagne to compense. No club lounge too. If you have a room with garden view it's mean a view over the garden between the two buildings and not a view over the versailles garden. The hotel is pretty well located for a visit to Versailles Castle and the surrounding (Trianon, Marie Antoinette's Farm ...). And now a lot of bad points. Very surprising for a 4*Luxe in France. No security control. A very large entrance to the park with full free acces to undercover parking and to room with nobody to check if you not stay in the Palace. A very very very poor service for breakfast. A good food on the buffet but when there are some. Waiters over charged that they forgot you order. Not enought seats to take place when you arrive at 10 AM on sunday. Peoples were excited by a so poor services that we need to wait for juice (20 minutes), pastries, ham, egg in fact we wait for all. I hope HILTON will manage the hotel a lot ... A very good point for the checking staff. This man done what we are expecting from a Palace. About the room, nothing very special. A modern look, large and confortable. Nothing else. We have no flovers in the bathroom. No specials amenities. No perfume ... Are you sure it'really a palace !
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Just booked a three-night weekend stay as part of the January sale.

Can someone please help me with how to get to the Trianon Palace from CDG via the RER?

Thank you.
no direct way from CDG to Versailles. Do not use taxi cause very expensiv but faster in time. Use Train from CDG to Paris (Chatelet or Gare du Nord stop).30-40 minutes ride. Then use Metro to reach Gare Saint Lazare (20 minutes ride). At Gare Saint Lazare take a train to Versailles Rive Droite (30 minutes ride). When arrive you have a long (but direct) walk to the hotel (about 15 minutes). Welcome in France.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by danielpascal
I've stayed at the Trianon Palace for the last Valentin night. First of all take care that you have two buildings. The Palace (suite and Deluxe Rooms) who is the hotel post on the picture and an additional building call the pavillon (Classic Room). This building is linked to the Palace by an underway a bit cool when you walk with your bathrobe and slippers to the swimming pool. A pretty good swimming pool but a sauna and a steam room not in use since a long time.
A Gerlain Spa very expensive but working all the week day.
As a Gold no upgrade due to a full occupancy but a complimentary half bottle of champagne to compense. No club lounge too. If you have a room with garden view it's mean a view over the garden between the two buildings and not a view over the versailles garden. The hotel is pretty well located for a visit to Versailles Castle and the surrounding (Trianon, Marie Antoinette's Farm ...). And now a lot of bad points. Very surprising for a 4*Luxe in France. No security control. A very large entrance to the park with full free acces to undercover parking and to room with nobody to check if you not stay in the Palace. A very very very poor service for breakfast. A good food on the buffet but when there are some. Waiters over charged that they forgot you order. Not enought seats to take place when you arrive at 10 AM on sunday. Peoples were excited by a so poor services that we need to wait for juice (20 minutes), pastries, ham, egg in fact we wait for all. I hope HILTON will manage the hotel a lot ... A very good point for the checking staff. This man done what we are expecting from a Palace. About the room, nothing very special. A modern look, large and confortable. Nothing else. We have no flovers in the bathroom. No specials amenities. No perfume ... Are you sure it'really a palace !
Have you talked to the staff, has it changed since last year when the hotel was operated by Westin?

It sounds unchanged what you report except your breakfast experience, I cannot remember if if was that poor service. Pavillon building is ok, Palace is superb.

Anyone else been there who can compare Westin times with today?

I am going to stay there not before May. If the breakfast has changed and is worse than before, I am going to complain to the CEO directly. Makes no sense if Hilton Corp. is proud to have Trianon Palace as part of The Waldorf Astoria Collection and as a first step destroy the royal impression by presenting poor breakfast (service).

Well in general I felt always like staying in a palace, but I am German , we are not used to stay in palaces like the French do . You have so many of them!

EDIT Wed Feb 18, 20:50 CET

Well there could be a simple reason for waiting time or late service during breakfast:

Too small facilities if the hotel is fully booked (never heard before that hotel being fully booked, congratulation Hilton), and maybe too less staff during peak time.

During spring/summer/autumn season you can eat outside front and back of the hotel, wonderful, but winter time ...

Well nevertheless such a situation has to be considered in future as well.

Last edited by submonte; Feb 18, 2009 at 12:53 pm Reason: Important amendment
Old Mar 7, 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by danielpascal
no direct way from CDG to Versailles. Use Train from CDG to Paris (Chatelet or Gare du Nord stop).30-40 minutes ride. Then use Metro to reach Gare Saint Lazare (20 minutes ride). At Gare Saint Lazare take a train to Versailles Rive Droite (30 minutes ride). When arrive you have a long (but direct) walk to the hotel (about 15 minutes). Welcome in France.
Merci bien, Daniel. Nous partons bientt, mais est-ce que c'est Rive Droite ou Rive Gauche o il faut descendre?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:49 pm

Merci bien, Daniel. Nous partons bientt, mais est-ce que c'est Rive Droite ou Rive Gauche o il faut descendre?
It's "Versailles-Rive Droite". Exit "Boulevard de la Reine" and go to your right.
Stay allway all right and after a short walk (8 to 10 blocks = 25 minutes) you reach the Hotel (at the end of the Boulevard juste before the gate of the garden of versailles).
Good and perfect place for an historic visit of versailles.
Not really a palace (=top luxury hotel) but a charming place.
If you want to eat on premise it's preferable to reserve ahead.
Bon voyage et beaucoup de plaisirs pour ce sjour.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:31 pm

Trianon will offer free Diamond breakfast

I requested a meeting with M. Pascal Groelle, the GM of the Trianon Palace, on my last morning (March 16) at the hotel.

M. Groelle confirmed that the Trianon Palace is the ONLY Hilton hotel that does not offer free breakfast to Diamond members. He stated that Blackstone agreed to this exception while the Trianon Palace worked out the details with the hotel restaurant.

M. Groelle has now reached an agreement and Diamond members will begin receiving free breakfast. When I pressed him for a date, M. Groelle said that I could post April 15, 2009, as the starting date for free breakfast. He also said I could post his name on FT for those who have questions and wish to speak to him directly when they stay at the Trianon Palace.

While my rate included breakfast, I decided to speak to M. Groelle as a service to all the FTalkers from whom I have learned so much.

I also asked M. Groelle about my Diamond welcome gift, which I never received. He said it would have been a small box of chocolates - more calories that I really don't need.

Other observations -

1. The Trianon offered only one (instead of two) bottles of water per day. On the last day, I had to call for water because it was not delivered.

2. The hotel breakfast was on par with offerings in most European Exec Lounges - croissants, bread, fruit, yogurt, juice, cheese, cold cuts, sauteed veggies, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Two special treats were a large tray of smoked salmon and a baked pear custard. The restaurant servers were friendly and available to offer assistance.

3. Stephane, the concierge, was very helpful. At my request, he sent an email to my husband to let him know I had arrived safely in France.

4. The hotel is very proud of its swimming pool - something that most French hotels do not have.

5. The hotel offers the standard Crabtree & Evelyn La Source toiletries. Our room was next to the Versailles Suite. One morning, the cleaning staff offered to let us see the suite. The suite still has Molton Brown toiletries.

6. To reach the main market square (open Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays), exit the hotel and turn right. Go through the Grilles de la Reine (Queen's Gate), turn left and go through Neptune's Gate. Continue left and exit Dragon's Gate. You will be on Paroisse Street. Stay on this street until you reach the market.

Last edited by bamboola; Mar 22, 2009 at 1:42 pm Reason: Edited to provide more details
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
4. The hotel is very proud of its swimming pool - something that most French hotels do not have.
Thank you for the great trip report and info! I would just like to post an observation about the above. Many French hotels do have swimming pools. Particularly at this level. Perhaps their pool is exceptionally nice.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by MorganB
Thank you for the great trip report and info! I would just like to post an observation about the above. Many French hotels do have swimming pools. Particularly at this level. Perhaps their pool is exceptionally nice.
Well, I do find the swimming pool very nice. Actually, unless I am mistaken, few upmarket hotels have an indoor swimming pool around Paris; you do have the Ritz, the Bristol, l'Hotel, the Costes, the Novotel Front de Seine, and a few others (the Royal Monceau is closed). In addition, the swimming pool at the Trianon Palace is, IIRC, 22m long, which is quite unusual, wide enough to have 3 or 4 persons swimming laps, the water temperature is 28C, and the surroundings are quite elegant. I really enjoy swimming there when I have the opportunity, it is much more enjoyable than the smallish, 9m long swimming pool at the Hilton CDG.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 11:09 am
Community Director Emerita

M. Groelle has now reached an agreement and Diamond members will begin receiving free breakfast. When I pressed him for a date, M. Groelle said that I could post April 15, 2009, as the starting date for free breakfast.
Thank you for this report. I had booked the hotel when it was a Starwood property. It rebranded as Hilton before my stay. Ultimately, I did not stay, in part because of my unhappiness over the downgraded benefits between Starwood and Hilton. It's good to learn that they are going to begin to offer breakfast.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Have Gold Members been only getting Classic rooms (i.e, in the second, less desirable building) unless they booked a deluxe room?

Anyone else stay on an SPG award after the change in brands. I was happy that they honored my two night stay, but as I am Platinum in SPG and only Silver in HH, I am concerned about the room I will get.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titantium Elite
One night stay at Hilton Trianon Palace in Versailles

Just stayed one night at Versailles .. As a Diamond, had an upgraded room in the Palace with an attached living room (seperate room attached via door - not normally included in room). Room was huge, bathroom huge - large soaking tub and large shower, living room huge. Location to the chateau and town is great. Even though I have the choices marked in My Way, they still asked me what I wanted. The welcome gift is a free drink at the bar, and a very nice chocolate assortment from the Gordon Ramsay restaurant in your room.

On the negative side: no breakfast (also no lounge at this hotel as noted) - also tried talking to the manager about it and it was still a no-go. I still find it amazing at some of the "small" things that go missing at such nice (expensive) hotels ("palaces") as this. No hairdryer .. no alarm clock. Yes, I realize you have the alarm option on the TV - but I can't remember the last hotel I stayed at (if ever) where an alarm clock was completely missing in the entire room. Lacking a hairdryer was also very shocking - I guess they really, really want you to pay and go to the spa/salon every day. But, at least for me, this leaves me with a negative impression. Sure you can get one by calling down to the front desk, but to me this just isn't right, especially in an extremely expensive hotel/palace. Also they asked me for my choice of newspaper in the morning, and then delivered the opposite one. Again - a small detail, but when staying in a property such as this, these details are even more magnified. A/C didn't work in main room, but worked in separate living room so it ended up being OK. If it were hotter and the attached upgraded living room not included, it would have been uncomfortable. Breakfast buffet was 38 Euros each - so basically a $50 per person breakfast which we made the mistake of getting because I thought it would be really nice. It was a very small buffet - two hot items and assorted other small items (in comparison, about 1/2 the size of the FREE breakfast at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris), which makes it even more puzzling why they no longer include this benefit for Diamonds/Golds. Way overpriced, and way unimpressive.

Wired internet had no subscription options available, and was 25 Euros a day - luckily they had Orange Wireless available, and with a subscription to Boingo which I already had, worked flawlessly and fast.

Staff was friendly, concierge was also friendly and gave good suggestions and directions.

I have to give this 3.5 stars out of 5. Judged very strictly due to price and nature of hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
*TR4HS valid for reward stays between January 19 and February 28, 2009
**TR4LS valid for reward stays between March 1 and July 15, 2009

Special Offer Dates:
January 19 July 15, 2009
I'm looking at a trip to Paris late next spring to celebrate Mrs. dwcatty's birthday (one that ends with a zero) and was thinking of splitting our time at ADT and TPV. Is there any history of the above offer being made other than this past year that might lead anyone to think it might come up again? Right now it is 60,000 points a night to stay in May, and a 20% discount would be nice to have.

I also signed up for their "email exclusives" on the hotel's web page. Anyone ever gotten any good deals out of that?

Thnaks, Doug

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.