Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Arrow Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Hilton just picked up the Trianon Palace (a Westin Hotel) in Versailles for the Waldorf=Astoria collection. Info is posted in the Starwood forum but here's a link to the press info:

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2...8_Trianon.html

I think the hotel just went through a reno and the pics on the Starwood website look pretty nice and it has a Gordon Ramsey restaurant:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1104

Good addition to HH and a loss for SPG!

Last edited by christianj; Dec 12, 2008 at 7:19 am
Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:47 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This is great news ! I love the Trianon Palace and although I am sad to no longer earn SPG status there, moving to HHonors is not a problem in my case .
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by christianj
Hilton just picked up the Trianon Palace (a Westin Hotel) in Versailles for the Waldorf=Astoria collection.
I wonder when it will come online for Hilton booking. I just looked and didn't see it yet.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
This is great news ! I love the Trianon Palace and although I am sad to no longer earn SPG status there, moving to HHonors is not a problem in my case .
TRUE. But I still cannot understand Hilton's strategy in Paris:

Business happens downtown, tourists want to stay close to the main sites (Eifel tower, Champs-Elysées, Louvre, Montmartre, and hundred other places).

Trianon Palace, though beautiful and worth a visit , is definitely not the right location for businessmen and tourits (only for a 48 hours visit to the Chateau de Versailles).

Am I wrong
Old Dec 14, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Here is Hilton announcing its first luxury property (Waldorf-Astoria) to open in France. But its Versailles, not Paris.

http://hotelexecutive.com/hapa/newsw...e.php?id=26235
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by geilux
TRUE. But I still cannot understand Hilton's strategy in Paris:

Business happens downtown, tourists want to stay close to the main sites (Eifel tower, Champs-Elysées, Louvre, Montmartre, and hundred other places).

Trianon Palace, though beautiful and worth a visit , is definitely not the right location for businessmen and tourits (only for a 48 hours visit to the Chateau de Versailles).

Am I wrong
Partly wrong.

You will find a different guest class in Trianon Palace, not the typical mass tourism, bus tourism, seeking for the main sites of Paris and just "executing" a sightseeing program. As an "upscale" individual tourist or business man you can afford to rent a car and drive the 30 min. (highway) to Paris, it seems you worth to do it, as you will experience unique relaxation in the hotel and the gardens, and an excellent breakfast and restaurant quality.

Congratulations to Hilton to have aquired this facility for W=A Collection, I have not expected this step, although I had the impression during my last visit in Oct. this year that Trianon Palace was not booked very well, and would probably need some more conference bookings to be profitable. That castle is for sure not cheap in maintenance.

I hope very much and do strongly recommend Hilton Corp. / W=A Collection management to not allow a lower standard in the hotel than the high Westin level I have experienced many times there, and to keep the Gordon Ramsay high class cuisine in all restaurants, which is a great experience for gourmets. Many guests, also locals from France, go to the hotel especially to have dinner there in "La Veranda" or "Gordon Ramsay au Trianon" or "The Chef´s Table".

Interestingly I have staid in Oct. in Hilton Suffren, which I knew to leave the Hilton family, and after that in Trianon Palace, not knowing it will join Hilton family. The hotel world keeps exciting also in times of crisis.

Last edited by submonte; Dec 14, 2008 at 9:44 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Westin Trianon Palace Versailles to become Waldorf Astoria

Greetings all,
I searched and found this information tucked away in a few Paris and France threads and thought it deserved it's own thread.

The Westin Trianon Palace Versaillles will become a Waldorf Astoria late January.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2...8_Trianon.html

http://hotelexecutive.com/hapa/newsw...e.php?id=26235

I think it will be a wonderful addition to the Hilton Family

sdcarver
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
There is an ongoing discussion on this in the Starwood forum (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html) and I didn't want to cross post the news as a seperate thread here in the HH forum (since it is not allowed ) That's why I added it to this post on Dec. 12:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rance-end.html

Last edited by christianj; Dec 17, 2008 at 2:00 pm
Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:29 pm

I have a reservation here, made when I thought I would be benefiting from my Starwood status. Now, I'm trying to figure out what the benefits are for the Waldorf collection.. I see they vary from property to property. I hope that Hilton reveals their policy for this property soon. I'm really sad to lose a likely suite upgrade, which would be offered under Starwood.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have a reservation here, made when I thought I would be benefiting from my Starwood status. Now, I'm trying to figure out what the benefits are for the Waldorf collection.. I see they vary from property to property. I hope that Hilton reveals their policy for this property soon. I'm really sad to lose a likely suite upgrade, which would be offered under Starwood.
You are right, during my last (reward) stay at Trianon Palace they told me I would get a suite next time when I checkin as SPG Platinum. Let us wait for the HH policy announcement at this W=A property.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:46 pm

Trianon Palace neither yet available to be booked as Hilton family hotel in France on hilton.com, nor listed on W=A Collection homepage.

Anyone knows whats going on?

Last edited by submonte; Jan 11, 2009 at 12:46 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by submonte
Trianon Palace neither yet available to be booked as Hilton family hotel in France on hilton.com, nor listed on W=A Collection homepage.

Anyone knows whats going on?
The Trianon Palace Versailles is supposed to be available on HHC Booking systems from 1st January, 2009
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The Trianon Palace Versailles is supposed to be available on HHC Booking systems from 1st January, 2009
Today is Jan 12th, 2009. The hotel is not available for booking via hilton.com or any other hilton website. I have not tried to book via Hilton reservation hotline.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:03 pm

It's not yet on the Hilton website

Here is is, January 12, and Hilton is to take over the hotel management in 3 days. Starwood has had the message on their website that they will no longer be managing the hotel effective January 15 for some weeks now. I just checked, and it's not yet been added to Hilton website. I'm covered, as I've got my booking made with Starwood. But how does Hilton think anyone is to stay here if they don't make it available?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here is is, January 12, and Hilton is to take over the hotel management in 3 days. Starwood has had the message on their website that they will no longer be managing the hotel effective January 15 for some weeks now. I just checked, and it's not yet been added to Hilton website. I'm covered, as I've got my booking made with Starwood. But how does Hilton think anyone is to stay here if they don't make it available?
I do find this rather odd myself. I was looking to make reservations at this hotel, as an add on to a Paris trip in the Fall, and was surprised that it is not on its website.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.