Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ben1233
What do you folks think about a €39 upgrade to a 'palace king' room? This would be a NOR1 upgrade from the standard king room in the pavilion. Sounds like the only complimentary upgrade I'd receive is to a pavilion king w/ view room. I've heard mixed reviews on the pavilion though.

My stay is only for 2 nights, 1 of them using a citi cert.

Any tips for visiting the Palace itself?
The rooms in the Pavilion building are about the same as in the Palace building, but all of the restaurants (save for a small bar) and public spaces are located in the latter. As a HHonors Diamond, I've always been upgraded from a standard Pavilion room to a Deluxe Palace room, no questions asked. Certainly the Palace is more desirable, but I'd probably save the 39 € and bank on an HHonors upgrade.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
After checking in about 3 PM, I toured the palace gardens (spent 3-4 hours, allow a lot of time for the grounds). The gardens are really worth spending a long afternoon to early evening walk. Also the early evening light makes for some great photo opportunities. I got up early when the Palace opened and spent 3 hours touring the Palace.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
The rooms in the Pavilion building are about the same as in the Palace building, but all of the restaurants (save for a small bar) and public spaces are located in the latter. As a HHonors Diamond, I've always been upgraded from a standard Pavilion room to a Deluxe Palace room, no questions asked. Certainly the Palace is more desirable, but I'd probably save the 39 € and bank on an HHonors upgrade.
+1

Also, make use of the happy hour in the small bar in the Pavilion (bogo)... actually a decent deal (although you must drink two... you cannot split two drinks with two people).
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:51 pm

Just a couple of comments regarding my recent stay at Trianon:

*I reached the hotel via the Rive Droite train station. I believe it was the "L" train line. I walked to the hotel from the train station itself. I had a couple of decently heavy bags, but the walk wasn't bad itself. In fact, I ran into a bachelorette party on the way there and the bride insisted on giving me a cookie and a kiss.

*Upon check-in, I asked for an upgrade into the Palace building. The front desk kindly did the necessary magic and I found myself in a nice room up on the top floor (5) with a view of the chateau. One thing about the top floor however, is that the rooms don't have standard showers. I think its because the tub is underneath the building's dormer. In other words, it is not a full-height ceiling above the tub. It made for a fairly interesting attempt at a shower. The heated floors in the bathroom are amazing. How in the world did they do this in a 100 year old building?!

*The lounge in the Pavillion building is closed for good. So no bogo happy hour.

*I would have not been very happy with a room in the Pavillion. Someone up above said that the Pavillion was of "Holiday Inn Express quality" and though I did not see a room in-person, the common areas were very low-rent. And on the website it lists that the Pavillion rooms are quite a bit smaller.

*This WA is still giving out free drink certs though the updated T&Cs do not require this. It's a nice benefit because the house champagne is Pommery Brut which goes for 18 euro.

*Concierge was of no help in getting tickets to see the Chateau. They directed me to an alleged ticket retailer half way in between the Chateau and the Hotel. When I showed up, the cashier knew nothing about tickets.

*Behind the hotel, I fed the grazing goats part of a baguette that I bought at the sunday morning french market. Both things are absolute musts when visiting. The market was a great experience. It made US grocery stores look downright boring. And the goats were thoroughly entertaining.

*My key card quit working halfway through the stay and it took about 4 trips up and down the elevator to get it solved. This ended up being incredibly frustrating. Admist the frustration, I handed my shopping bags with about 400 euro of stuff over to the front desk for delivery to my room. When I got back to my room, the bags were no where to be found. Worse yet, no one had any clue what happened to the bags. Turns out they put them in someone elses room! A less honest person would not have returned the bags to the front desk. After they had been found, it still took 20 minutes to get the bags. At this point I was pretty fed up and complained. The manager comped be a 1/2 bottle of Pommery which I accepted.

*All in all, an opulent hotel and I would visit again. However next time I might be better prepared to fend for myself when it comes to needing assistance. And I would not stay there unless I had secured a Palace room.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Waldorf TrianonPalace

Just returned; great hotel, great location if visiting versailles, fr.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Good to hear that you liked the hotel and good to get a recent review.
The existing thread didn't have any recent comments when I was looking a little while ago and could therefore do with an update. I am going there early spring next year.
Maybe this thread should be merged with the existing thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...lection-8.html
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Great hotel, with superb location.

As a Diamond I got an upgrade to a "Garden View" in the pavilion - not what I was hoping for - but the room was spacious and spotless.

Other goodies for a Diamonds:

2 bottles of water in the room
one voucher for two drinks at the bar
breakfast voucher (you can exchange this for 10€ credit on bar/restaurant consumption)
free internet
and access to the gym/spa
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: HH diamond
Any other recent stays?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:23 pm

Thumbs up

Not all that recent a stay, stayed in June/14, 3 rooms for just one night using certs and points as a gold. In regard to hotels, it was the highlight of our 17 day your of Europe, and we also stayed at the park hyatt vendome as a hyatt diamond.
We were initially upgraded from basic pavillon rooms to top floor rooms in the main building, a three category upgrade. The upgrades gave us rooms that would no longer fit the 8 of us, so they upgraded one room to a full suite, a further three category upgrade!
I appreciated the wonderful service, so thought I would spend some money with them and ordered tea from room service and we all ate breakfast at the buffet in the morning. They included the best macarons I have ever tasted when they brought the tea and included both the room service and the breakfast at no charge.
They treated everyone in our party, from my 8 year old to my senior in-laws, like royalty. Based on my way too brief experience, I would highly recommend. Beautiful hotel, fantastic setting, and, most importantly, the best service I have had in any hotel anywhere.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Do HH Gold members get free breakfast? I thought there's no free breakfast at W-A hotels.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
Do HH Gold members get free breakfast? I thought there's no free breakfast at W-A hotels.
No one gets a free breakfast, which is the norm for W A hotels.

Last edited by Notenut; Jan 28, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

We did, but you are right, we weren't supposed to, so I have no idea if this was an oversight or if this particular W A gives it to all golds.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
We did, but you are right, we weren't supposed to, so I have no idea if this was an oversight or if this particular W A gives it to all golds.
I can guarantee it that is is not their custom to give it to Golds, not even to Diamonds, in fact. Maybe it had something to due to the upgrade to a full suite, which, again it should not have, you definitely lucked out.
We were there a few years ago as Diamonds and we only got what we were supposed to, 2 free drinks at the bar. My son was with us and initially they wanted to charge something like $40 a night for a roll away. An email exchange with a front desk supervisor did away with that charge but at checkout the charge was on the bill anyhow. Fortunately I had saved the email and it finally was taken off.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:03 pm

How did you, folks, got to the hotel?

I am looking at CDG-W A, W A-CDG, and Paris- W A, W A-Paris options. I didn`t find any shuttle transfers from/to W A from CDG. Any advice?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I took the RER and then a taxi to get there from the centre of Paris, and walk + RER to get back

Versailles Rive Droite is about 10 minutes walk away, if you don't have too much luggage to drag, and has moderately fast trains into Paris. Versailles Château isn't that much further walk. Versailles Chantiers has fast trains into Paris, but is maybe 20 minutes away, so when I got there I took a taxi

I believe the hotel can organise a car service to/from the airport, if you want things simple and are willing to pay! Otherwise, RER + walk/taxi is probably your best bet. Use RATP to look up the timings/changes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.