Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Internet Access with Honors Number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 2:55 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I was at a Hampton Inn in Florida this week; when I went to log in to the internet, you could enter the access code or enter your HHonors Number and Pin.

Has anyone else seen this?

Long time coming, I can't wait for this to be system wide, if it isn't already.

(I am at a Hilton tonight, and it is 9.95 for access)
Old Nov 6, 2008, 8:27 pm

I saw that at Covington, KY this week too, but St Joseph, MO doesn't have it.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:12 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hampton Inn internet access has already been free for a long time.

Originally Posted by underpressure
Long time coming
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hampton Inn internet access has already been free for a long time.
I think the point was that the OP could connect with their Hhonors # and pin rather than the code included in their key packet. That would be a welcome improvement in my book.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:08 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Ah, okay. It would indeed. But I was confused, then, by the citation of the cost of internet at the Hilton. Sounded like he was making a comparison.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 6, 2008 at 11:47 pm
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djk7
I think the point was that the OP could connect with their Hhonors # and pin rather than the code included in their key packet. That would be a welcome improvement in my book.
I thought I was pretty clear... thanks. ^
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
I don't stay at too many Hamptons, but I've always been given a code on the key packet, including tonight at the Hampton in Port Charlotte, FL.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really see no or nil need for using hotel access codes. I really dont believe zillions of roaming wifi-ers crowd the hotel lobby leaching the hotels internet. The vast majority of hotels offering free wifi dont require access codes and their systems are far more trouble free. I think HI etc were sold a totally unnecessary and more complicated wifi system.

MisterNice
Old Nov 8, 2008, 5:41 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I think its more than HI, its the entire Hilton Brands WiFi system. I stay at Hamptons, HGI, and ES, throughout the country, and 99% of them require a access code.

But your point is well taken. What is the point of the access code. Forget about crowding the lobbies, maybe its the parking lots? I know I try to find the nearest Panera Bread if I have to download a big attachment on a laptop while traveling. Thankfully Panera has no access codes.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:18 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Whether or not to require them is a different discussion.

If they are going to have them; I would like just using my hhonors and pin number all of the time. too many times I get a handwritten access code that I have to call the front desk for. Too many times I get the code from last week.

I just like the idea of my HHonors Number and a Pin; and I hope this goes system wide.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by underpressure
Whether or not to require them is a different discussion.

If they are going to have them; I would like just using my hhonors and pin number all of the time. too many times I get a handwritten access code that I have to call the front desk for. Too many times I get the code from last week.

I just like the idea of my HHonors Number and a Pin; and I hope this goes system wide.
Well I for one would prefer having the code in the key pocket, if there must be a code. I have no idea what my honors number is and do not generally carry it.

In all of my stays at Hamptons, HGIs, Homewood Suites, etc., I can't remember any that required a code. I did recently stay a Fairfield Inn, however, that required a code that was in the key pocket. I don't have my Marriott number memorized either, so the code thing worked better for me.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Well I for one would prefer having the code in the key pocket, if there must be a code. I have no idea what my honors number is and do not generally carry it.

In all of my stays at Hamptons, HGIs, Homewood Suites, etc., I can't remember any that required a code. I did recently stay a Fairfield Inn, however, that required a code that was in the key pocket. I don't have my Marriott number memorized either, so the code thing worked better for me.
All of my Hampton and HGI stays over the last couple of years have required a code. I don't think they are going to stop using the codes, but are adding the option to use your hhonors #. Since many guests are not hhonors members, they will still have to supply a code.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I've never understood why Hamptons always require a code, but HGIs and Homewoods almost never do, yet the wi-fi is free at all locations of all three of those brands. Is there some roaming band of wi-fi stealers who target Hamptons and not other Hilton brands?

And over at Marriott, I've never needed a code for the free wi-fi at SpringHill, Residence Inn, Courtyard, or Fairfield.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Ironically, I'm staying at the Hampton in Orlando near Universal Studios. Just inputted the access code stamped on my card pocket, and it comes up as "expired". Evidently they expire their codes Saturday night, fresh for Sunday morning.

Is expiring them weekly typical?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Ironically, I'm staying at the Hampton in Orlando near Universal Studios. Just inputted the access code stamped on my card pocket, and it comes up as "expired". Evidently they expire their codes Saturday night, fresh for Sunday morning.

Is expiring them weekly typical?
Yes. When I've stayed at a Hampton over the weekend, the code has changed and I've had to get the new one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.