FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Free Wi-Fi at Doubletree (hilton) properties that charge $10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/875824-free-wi-fi-doubletree-hilton-properties-charge-10-a.html)

qwerty12 Oct 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Free Wi-Fi at Doubletree (hilton) properties that charge $10

This is only for 24 hours, Wi-Fi only, and hotel must provide free internet in lobby/business area (only tested at DoubleTree)

1. Connect to WiFi in free lobby/business area. (SSID=hhonors)
2. Accept Terms and Conditions, check "I want a public IP"
3. Go to your room and connect to same SSID, should be hhonors
4. Enjoy free internet for 24 hours.

You can know to the minute by searching for a cookie from hilton. Search for HSIA. Then look for expiration date--it should be 24 hours later.

Seems they grant 24 hours based on your MAC address, not cookie.

MileageAddict Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm

qwerty12, Welcome to Flyertalk!

Although I can see where this could be construed as a Hotel Deal, I think it would be much more beneficial to the Flyertalk community if it were moved to the Hilton forum.

It's a great tip and I am looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

qwerty12 Oct 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I saw that too and also the "official" hhonors internet access thread, but felt it was more of a deal than something restricted to only hhonors members. Anyone can do this.

twocom May 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Still works

Currently at a DoubleTree hotel in NYC and can confirm that this still works (sod paying $15 for 1 days access). However, they've now restricted the free access to 1 hour instead of 24 hours before you have to click the "I accept" button again. Just means you have to keep popping down to the lobby every hour. :)

togocurian Sep 28, 2012 8:13 am

Still works

For anyone staying at a Doubletree and finds this thread and is wondering if this still works, I can confirm that it does. I had to ask for a promo code in the lobby. I signed in, took my computer up to my room, and am currently browsing the web from the comfort of my bed. It's a shame that in a world with such a focus on the internet, there are places that charge for mediocre internet speeds. There are little motels in the middle of nowhere that offer free wifi, but a nice hotel like Doubletree can't afford to give free wifi to guests who are already paying a lot more for their hotel than they likely would if they stayed at a hotel with free wifi.

sawtoothpaper May 9, 2014 9:32 am

From April 27 2014 Tulsa OK Double Tree.
hhonors
promocode: lv115

A maid mentioned another one that's interesting. exp14