AAA rate and Honors points?

Old May 6, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

AAA rate and Honors points?

Stupid question, if I book through the Hilton Site and get the AAA rate - do I still qualify for Hhonors points? I know if I do a group rate (for an event) or a third party site I do not.

Thanks
Old May 6, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
AAA rates definitely count towards points, over 80% of my stays are AAA rate
Old May 6, 2014, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
Stupid question, if I book through the Hilton Site and get the AAA rate - do I still qualify for Hhonors points? I know if I do a group rate (for an event) or a third party site I do not.

Thanks
I've never had a group rate fail to earn points/stay credit; I think once or twice I had to call the DD to get them posted, but it was handled quickly.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:24 pm

yes it does count!
Old May 7, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I've never had a group rate fail to earn points/stay credit; I think once or twice I had to call the DD to get them posted, but it was handled quickly.
really? I have a group stay from a work party that is on my account but zero points, although it was last december, probably too late to call and ask
Old May 7, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
really? I have a group stay from a work party that is on my account but zero points, although it was last december, probably too late to call and ask
Did you book your room directly with Hilton or did you book it through someone else -- e.g. a tour that included hotel rooms.

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; May 7, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Old May 7, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In addition was it a group billing paid for by the company?
12.A Member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the Member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check-out is eligible for HHonors Points as described herein. However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to a company or common address or settled at check-out by one individual are not eligible for HHonors Points. Incidental charges (those charged to a Member's room) paid for directly by the Member at check-out are eligible for point credit. Incidental charges billed to a master bill are not eligible for point credit.
Old May 7, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
AAA rates get points.

Group rates do too, if you pay for your own room on an individual folio. At least, that's the way it has worked for me the last few dozen times. (Some years ago, when my company was picking up the room, putting a small charge on the folio that I paid get me credit for the night.)
Old May 7, 2014, 2:26 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
AA rates qualify for Hilton HHonors points. The main thing to make certain to know is that only bookings made on Hilton.com or via Hilton phone reservations will earn points.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
AA rates qualify for Hilton HHonors points. The main thing to make certain to know is that only bookings made on Hilton.com or via Hilton phone reservations will earn points.
So don't book through the AAA web site.

David
Old May 8, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
In addition was it a group billing paid for by the company?
nope -I called the hotel directly and booked it (work party - but not paid by work)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.