Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
As long as you opted for "upgrade" you will get lounge access and - based on availability - an upgrade to Executive Floor.
And from what I understand, you get Nor-1-upgrades cheaper as a Diamond because you get Executive Floor for free and only pay for the way further up.
FL, in your experience, do you always see free upgrade availability for Executive Floor on the NOR-1 screens when Exec Floor is available? In my case (SFO Hilton), IIRC I just saw an upgrade offered to the next higher room type and the Exec Floor was offered for an upgrade fee. (Or maybe this is because I am only Gold, but even then I think it violates the rules:
You will be upgraded to an Executive Floor room (where/when available) at time of check-in. If an Executive Floor room is unavailable, you will be upgraded to the next best available room from the room type booked.
)
Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, US Silver, Hilton Diamond
I booked the Doubletree Metropolitan for this weekend at a AAA rate of $107 per night (cheapest queen room). Nor1 offers a free upgrade to a king, $19 upgrade to a "deluxe" king and $59 upgrade to a junior suite.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Do Nor1 upgrade prices change?

Right now, the Nor1 prices for an upcoming stay are a bit higher than I'm willing to pay. Will those prices adjust as I get closer to the stay, or are they fixed?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Add the Beverly Hilton to the list. I was there the weekend of Jan 24th. When I made the reservation, I got some blurb about being eligible to buy an upgrade, and when I clicked for more information it sent me to the nor1 site. Which then told me never mind (where's Emily Litella?) with some explanation that I forget.

In any case, I ended up in a Junior Suite at the AAA rate, so I was pretty happy....

David
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
O'Hare Hilton and Palmer House Hilton both participate in Nor1

sdcarver
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thing is growing - and it's too bad the OP hasn't been around to update the first post and offer an opportunity genuine list.

George Orwell would be proud of Nor1's grandiose self-descriptive language: "Nor1 is an innovative Silicon Valley company that generates its travel partners incremental net revenue while enhancing the end customer's travel experience and passing on tremendous value."

Uh, huh. I hope they all have to stay at the Hilton San Francisco some time.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:54 pm

Originally posted by sdcarver:
O'Hare Hilton and Palmer House Hilton both participate in Nor1
The Palmer House Hilton does participate in Nor 1. They send you an e-mail with the options $ to upgrade. They closed the area for Gold /Diamond check in and now you go to the longer Hhonors check in line and the check out time is 11:00 a.m. They try to charge you extra for an extended check out. I got a "free" 2 hours extended check out and they act as they are doing big favor. No bottles of water or any other amenity in the room as a Diamond.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Add Hilton Curacao to the list...

Hilton Curacao is NOR-1. I have a res starting Feb 7th, and for the past few weeks when I click on the e-standby link it has said that no upgrades are available at this time. Finally today it offers me a choice of 3 upgraded room types for $19/$39/$49 per night. I've decided to pass and see what happens at checkin.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:42 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
I know that someone said it is NA only, but do you think this is a trial that shall (...) be rolled out worldwide at some point ?

UTA
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
I know that someone said it is NA only, but do you think this is a trial that shall (...) be rolled out worldwide at some point ?

UTA
Good question, and:

Does NOR-1 apply to reward stays also?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by submonte
Yes, it does.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Capital Hilton in DC participates as well. I did not get an upgrade as a Diamond, but that could also be because I showed up at 11am and they offered me a room right away instead of coming back later - I decided I needed a 2-hour nap more than an upgrade and got a very tiny room.

Since their "Executive Lounge" is pretty bad (the night I was there, no Diet Coke and no working computer), I will not be staying there again unless the rate is outstanding. It's a shame, because it is in a fantastic location for me, just two half-blocks east of the Farragut West metro stop.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh

UTA
Originally Posted by submonte
Good question, and:

My recent experience with the Hilton Curacao would show "Yes" to both of these questions. I declined and was given an upgrade to a nice Jr. Suite upon arrival.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by tsastor
FL, in your experience, do you always see free upgrade availability for Executive Floor on the NOR-1 screens when Exec Floor is available? In my case (SFO Hilton), IIRC I just saw an upgrade offered to the next higher room type and the Exec Floor was offered for an upgrade fee. (Or maybe this is because I am only Gold, but even then I think it violates the rules: )
I am seeing the same thing at Hilton Austin TX. Offered a room upgrade to a bigger room for $9 and executive level for $19 when Gold should get an executive level upgrade (if one is available). As others have done, I am going to roll the dice but does anyone else have recent experience with this type of offering as a gold?

And Palacio Del Rio offered a riverview upgrade for $0 as the Gold/Diamond upgrade. As there is no lounge, this seems appropriate.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Keeping this thread alive - has anyone had experiences with the NOR1 / eStandby upgrade-shill-thing in practical use?

I just got this tonight, booking a stay at a Hilton Resort property - first time I've been faced with this option.

I should, as a Diamond, be upgraded anyway. If I choose the lowest "space available upgrade" at no cost, I'm concerned I'm locked in there (there are many different/better upgrades of rooms and suites at this property than the one they are saying is my "free" Diamond NOR1 upgrade.)

I'm really wanting a better room, and am concerned I'll get stuck with "Oh, good news - your REQUEST on the website has been granted!"

I think I'm going to skip the offer, and just talk to the front desk, call prior to check in for the room I really want. Actually, for no other reason, I'm doing a little protest vote here - Hilton, skip this kind of crap. I'm not playing this game.

Anyone else have experience with how this works if you do or don't accept the eStandby thing?

I love HHONORS and Hilton family properties - but this is the first time I've felt nickle and dimed, left a bad taste in the process.

Well, that and last week the Doubletree Phoenix Gateway didn't recognize I was a Diamond, nor upgraded me when I asked... but other than these two strikes, they ain't out yet.

TDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.