Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.luxury-insider.com/Curren...esidences.aspx

http://www.hillcrestcapitalgroup.com/samui/main.html
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:01 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
This looks like a very promising property. I had previously been sent various glossy (very glossy) marketing materials & invitations to their launch events including various promotions related to residence purchases. In retrospect I should have posted some of this here as some may have found it interesting/useful. IIRC this was as a customer/investor in other developments manged by/involving CBRE in S.E. Asia. Hopefully the Conrad Phuket will re-emerge at some point too.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:04 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
This looks like a very promising property. I had previously been sent various glossy (very glossy) marketing materials & invitations to their launch events including various promotions related to residence purchases. In retrospect I should have posted some of this here as some may have found it interesting/useful. IIRC this was as a customer/investor in other developments manged by/involving CBRE in S.E. Asia. Hopefully the Conrad Phuket will re-emerge at some point too.
Looks unlikely that the Conrad Phuket will emerge........The Regent Phuket Cape Panwa is planned to open in 2011. Formerly the Panwaburi and then a proposed Conrad, the owners changed brands and it is to open as The Regent. Looks like we will ahve to go to Samui for Conrad Luxury in Thailand. Bye bye Conrad Phuket?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Looks unlikely that the Conrad Phuket will emerge........The Regent Phuket Cape Panwa is planned to open in 2011. Formerly the Panwaburi and then a proposed Conrad, the owners changed brands and it is to open as The Regent. Looks like we will ahve to go to Samui for Conrad Luxury in Thailand. Bye bye Conrad Phuket?
It is Koh Samui which is where Conrad's web site still shows a 2010 opening. Obviously that is not happening, but one can routinely add 1-2 years to any Hilton brand's stated opening date.

Koh Samui is different to Phuket--I have no knowledge that a Conrad in Phuket was ever planned.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I will be in Koh Samui in March 2011. Would love to stay here if it is open by then. Same goes for the new Hilton Pattaya.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 4:44 am
NoY

Originally Posted by travelexpert
It is Koh Samui which is where Conrad's web site still shows a 2010 opening. Obviously that is not happening, but one can routinely add 1-2 years to any Hilton brand's stated opening date.

Koh Samui is different to Phuket--I have no knowledge that a Conrad in Phuket was ever planned.
Yes it absolutely was, as I explained above
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Yes it absolutely was, as I explained above
Got it--found this post.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ning-date.html

Yeah--this is obviously never happening.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
I just talked to the DD and was told that the property will open in March 2011...just after 3 of my Q3FN expire.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by flo0816
I just talked to the DD and was told that the property will open in March 2011...just after 3 of my Q3FN expire.
Are you referring to the Conrad in Koh Samui or Phuket?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Just got an e-mail that included "Rediscover Thailand" promos. It also lists the Conrad Samui as opening soon.

Anyone have any recent info?

I'm in Samui in March 2011.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Are you referring to the Conrad in Koh Samui or Phuket?
Koh Samui : http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...wHotels.do#koh
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE, NW*Plat, Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by flo0816
The conrad website still has no specific date beyond a general "2011"...

Anyone able to confirm a March opening or provide any other ideas on when we might see this property available for bookings?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by EngineeringConsultant
Anyone able to confirm a March opening or provide any other ideas on when we might see this property available for bookings?
I am also interested. Perhaps a FTer visiting Samui could check out the location and report back.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:46 pm

At this point--seems like Conrad Koh Samui is a hotel for the future. And always will be....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:44 pm

At this point--seems like Conrad Koh Samui is a hotel for the future. And always will be....
The website for the hotel goes live next month and the fact sheet is already available. Looks like they're on pace for Q1 2011. Good timing for my honeymoon next summer! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.