Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
FYI, the airport shuttle just outside of the hotel is only 130 CZK. When I took it yesterday, I was the only passenger! I read there might be some cheaper shuttles (~60 CZK) which may explain the lack of passengers, but I didn't bother to investigate since this was just out the door and I was on a tight schedule.

I just completed a 3 night stay here, and overall had a good experience although there were some concerns.

The big plus was the friendly and helpful staff in the Executive Lounge in the morning. Especially the lady who works there in the morning (sad I did not get her name! could be Tereza? That was the name on the business card at the desk) Not only did she make tea and coffee for the guests, but also dealt with making tour reservations at the same time, and even remembered my name from booking a tour for me the day before. It was nice to chat with her about my day, and for her to give insights into the city from a local's perspective.

The location is excellent - just outside of Old Town, easy walk from the main train station, and next to/on top of the Nměst Republiky station for the metro and a lot of different trams. I considered the "other" Hilton in town, but I was quite happy with this location.

Room and gym were pretty standard.

For me the minor drawbacks for me was that the Lounge was always crowded, and the first evening and morning breakfast I had to share a table with other people. When I asked the next day if I could take breakfast in the restaurant, the front desk said that since they were full, the restaurant would also be crowded. While most of the front desk staff were nice, I thought the service was not as attentive as I would like, e.g. when I asked for a city map, I was just handed one over the desk, like "here." In other hotels, I know the staff would at least open up the map and point out where we were located.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:07 am

Lounge Offer / Executive Plus Room?

Hello,

perhaps someone here knows what the Prague Old Town Hotel offers in the Executive Lounge (snacks, drinks)?

Is the Lounge located on the 8 or 9th floor? I think these 2 floors are Executive?

Furthermore, perhaps someone knows if the Executive Plus Room is much better than the regular Executive room?

Thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mangoMan
This is true, but the main (international) train station is still only a 800m walk from the hotel.
That's almost a half mile. Too far to walk with baggage, if I am on vacation!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by LH1351
Hello,

perhaps someone here knows what the Prague Old Town Hotel offers in the Executive Lounge (snacks, drinks)?

Is the Lounge located on the 8 or 9th floor? I think these 2 floors are Executive?

Furthermore, perhaps someone knows if the Executive Plus Room is much better than the regular Executive room?

Thank you.
Typical spread, couple hot entries, beer, wine and a slection of bottles to mix your own drink.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi there - I stayed here last month, and just posted a review of the hotel on my blog. You can see some pictures of the snacks in the lounge in this post.

http://www.pickledelisquare.com/2012...-old-town.html

And the Lounge is located on the 8th floor.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:10 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by flaii
Hi there - I stayed here last month, and just posted a review of the hotel on my blog. You can see some pictures of the snacks in the lounge in this post.

http://www.pickledelisquare.com/2012...-old-town.html

And the Lounge is located on the 8th floor.
Nice - I like your review link, well done.
When did they move the lounge upstairs?
Last time I was at this property a few years ago, it was on the main level.
Looks a lot better!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:14 am

Post Hilton Prague Old Town

Hello,

Thank you.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Prague.

Please find below full information regarding your post.

The Lounge is located on the 8th floor. Our Executive Lounge team is there to make your stay comfortable and hassle free. Here you can enjoy all the benefits of the Executive Lounge - breakfast, afternoon and evening snacks.
Two computer stations with printing equipment are available. Showing your favourite TV show or latest news on a large screen. Free Wi-Fi.

Breakfast: (Mon- Fri) 6:30 am- 10:30 am
(Sat- Sun) 6:30 am 11:00 am
Tea time: 3 pm - 6 pm (desserts, sandwiches snacks & sweet surprise)
Cocktail time: 6 pm 8:30 pm (hot & cold canaps snacks, cheese board)
6 pm 8 pm (weekend)
Cheese time: 6 pm 8:30 pm (cheese board)
6 pm 8 pm (weekend)

The Hotel has two full executive floors (8th & 9th)

Executive Plus room is much larger than regular Executive room, offering soft seating corner, spacious view, corner room, situated on every floor (3rd-7th)

We look forward to welcome you upon your next visit to Prague.

Kind Regards,
The Team of the Hilton Prague Old Town
Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hiltonpragueOT2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Prague.

Kind Regards,
good to see you here on ft hiltonpragueot2012....it would be a good idea to get in touch with one of the mods & get 'company representative' status....
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Welcome hiltonpragueOT2012 ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 18, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by hiltonpragueOT2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Prague.

Please find below full information regarding your post.

The Lounge is located on the 8th floor. Our Executive Lounge team is there to make your stay comfortable and hassle free. Here you can enjoy all the benefits of the Executive Lounge - breakfast, afternoon and evening snacks.
Two computer stations with printing equipment are available. Showing your favourite TV show or latest news on a large screen. Free Wi-Fi.

Breakfast: (Mon- Fri) 6:30 am- 10:30 am
(Sat- Sun) 6:30 am 11:00 am
Tea time: 3 pm - 6 pm (desserts, sandwiches snacks & sweet surprise)
Cocktail time: 6 pm 8:30 pm (hot & cold canaps snacks, cheese board)
6 pm 8 pm (weekend)
Cheese time: 6 pm 8:30 pm (cheese board)
6 pm 8 pm (weekend)

The Hotel has two full executive floors (8th & 9th)

Executive Plus room is much larger than regular Executive room, offering soft seating corner, spacious view, corner room, situated on every floor (3rd-7th)

We look forward to welcome you upon your next visit to Prague.

Kind Regards,
Hello Hilton Prague,

Wife and I will be visiting your property in March, 2013. So very looking forward to it!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage HHonors
My wife and I stayed there this last weekend for two nights. I did not expect an upgrade, as it was a prepaid reservation at a much lower rate than normal; I am Gold. Upon arrival we were greeted and told that we were upgraded to the executive floor (8th). The executive lounge was the nicest I have seen in a LONG time. It was staffed by no fewer than 3 people at all times. In our room we had a Fruit basket waiting as well. The staff was extremely helpful with all of our request. BTW the hotel car service is much cheaper to use than any of the taxies in town; if you need!

Steve
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:40 pm

Room Amenitiies

Is this thread still active?

Anyway, I've booked an EL room. Do the EL rooms have robes and slippers?

Any suggestions for local restaurants within walking distance? How's the hotel restaurants, Zinc?

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:45 am

slippers in Prague?

Does the Prague Old Town provide slippers in the Executive Level king bedded rooms?

Thanks

Last edited by FlyingHi4Now; Aug 13, 2013 at 9:32 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Was there last month, got upgraded to a suite which had a bathrobe/pair of slippers in each room.
My buddy who was in a normal (albeit Exec floor) room had slippers too.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if you didn't book a Deluxe/Executive room I'm sure a polite word in a housekeepers ear would make some appear .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.