Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Arrow Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Dakota Mountain Logdge Ski Resort will join the Waldorf=Astoria Collection when it opens in 2009 in Park City Utah.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4034862.html

http://www.dakotamountainlodge.com/home.php

Last edited by christianj; Feb 21, 2008 at 2:15 pm
Old Feb 22, 2008, 2:27 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Dakota Mountain Logdge Ski Resort will join the Waldorf=Astoria Collection when it opens in 2009 in Park City Utah.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4034862.html

http://www.dakotamountainlodge.com/home.php
At least it's a new build--hopefully will be fabulous. La Quinta near Palm Springs and the Arizona Biltmore (both "adopted" properties into the Waldorf-Asroria Collection) get disappointing reviews and ratings at Tripadvisor.com.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I really hope Hilton doesn't over do it by branding too many hotels with the W=A designation. It's a landmark unto itself and all it takes is one or two bad apple properties to tarnish the reputation. IMHO, nothing will ever stand up to the Park Avenue icon.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
all it takes is one or two bad apple properties to tarnish the reputation
The horse is out of the barn on this brand--La Quinita and Arizona Biltmore don't seem to come up to (even) Hilton standards right now--and I have not noted any communications regarding refurbishment....
Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:50 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
I really hope Hilton doesn't over do it by branding too many hotels with the W=A designation. It's a landmark unto itself and all it takes is one or two bad apple properties to tarnish the reputation. IMHO, nothing will ever stand up to the Park Avenue icon.
Ummm, but they HAVE to brand them W=A or silly HHonors members like us will expect to stay there on a GLON (as opposed to say 80k/night at the Grand Wailea).
Old Feb 24, 2008, 3:12 pm

The Canyons is not exactly Deer Valley. I question the branding choice.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:00 pm

New Waldorf Astoria Collection in Park City, Utah

A new Waldorf Astoria Collection ski resort coming to Park City, Utah

Finally, Luxury to Match the Surrounding Beauty
With the grand opening of the Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa, the natural beauty of Park City, Utah, is now more luxurious than ever. Nestled at the base of The Canyons® Resort village, where activities abound all year, this newest member of The Waldorf Astoria Collection® is destined to transform the meaning of "mountain escape."

During the winter, the "Greatest Snow on Earth" takes center stage. Our luxurious resort's new Frostwood Gondola offers ski-in, ski-out convenience. Spring, Summer and Fall offer bright sunny skies and cool temperatures to enjoy outdoor concerts, hiking, mountain biking, and fly-fishing in one of the world's most pristine mountain settings. If your visit is to relax and soothe the soul, the Dakota Mountain Lodge houses one of only 6 Golden Door Spas in the world, with a full menu of treatments, salon, fitness center and more. And in 2010 tee off on our brand-new golf course, located just steps from our front door. Dine on the best and freshest ingredients at Spruce restaurant. Native to San Francisco and one of Esquire magazine's best new restaurants, Spruce offers Contemporary American Cuisine that everyone in the family will love.

The magnificent Waldorf Astoria Collection showcases architectural beauty, custom designed décor and original artwork to accompany the exceptional service and luxury offered every guest.

Book your next stay at the Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa today and enjoy a new standard of luxury.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Anyone with a stay report?

Cost in $ or in points, treatment of Gold/Diamond, other information? I'd love to know about the place and treatment, experiences, etc.

Appreciated from any who have experienced the place...
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Just got an email with this offer:

We are pleased to present a special offer for our Grand Opening, with rates starting at US$129! Or, HHonors members can redeem just 40,000 points per night! Enjoy warm days hiking, biking and swimming, and cool nights by the firepits.

Valid for stays between August 1 and December 15, 2009.

Of course, there is this little tidbit on the hotel's Hilton page:

A Daily Resort Charge of $25 (plus tax) is assessed per room, per night and includes: Unlimited local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee); high-speed wired and wireless Internet access in all guestrooms and suites; coffee and tea in guestroom and suites; nightly turndown service; unlimited use of the Golden Door Spa cardiovascular and strength training facilities, including Kinesis resistance equipment; complimentary access to Golden Door Spa daily scheduled group fitness classes; complimentary valet parking; complimentary use of self parking facilities; complimentary ski and golf valet service; and complimentary shuttle service to scheduled stops throughout the Park City area including Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, The Canyons Resort and Main Street, Park City.

The language reminds me of all the minutia automakers put on the sticker of a new car to try and justify the price.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Notenut
Just got an email with this offer:

We are pleased to present a special offer for our Grand Opening, with rates starting at US$129! Or, HHonors members can redeem just 40,000 points per night! Enjoy warm days hiking, biking and swimming, and cool nights by the firepits.

Valid for stays between August 1 and December 15, 2009.

Of course, there is this little tidbit on the hotel's Hilton page:

A Daily Resort Charge of $25 (plus tax) is assessed per room, per night and includes: Unlimited local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee); high-speed wired and wireless Internet access in all guestrooms and suites; coffee and tea in guestroom and suites; nightly turndown service; unlimited use of the Golden Door Spa cardiovascular and strength training facilities, including Kinesis resistance equipment; complimentary access to Golden Door Spa daily scheduled group fitness classes; complimentary valet parking; complimentary use of self parking facilities; complimentary ski and golf valet service; and complimentary shuttle service to scheduled stops throughout the Park City area including Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, The Canyons Resort and Main Street, Park City.

The language reminds me of all the minutia automakers put on the sticker of a new car to try and justify the price.
Can you refuse the resort fee? I would not be using anything but the shuttle service. If you have to pay the resort fee,how can anything be called complimentary?

Agree with the proliferation of the W-A brand. It actually diminishes the value of our points since those hotels require so many more points and even as Diamonds,the benefits are less than at regular Hiltons, e.g., free breakfasts no longer available as an option.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Continental Plat
just got a phonecall from them:

I'm staying 7/19 - 7/25

The restaurant is NOT going to be open in time, and they will NOT have their liqour license yet.

They are going to offer a free continental breakfast, free lunch at the pool from 12-2 (bbq), and a $50 voucher per person for spa.

FYI
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
They have the $129 rate for the summer with a "Stay 3 nights, 4th is free" type promotion. When I am booking the reservation it still shows $516 total (4 x 129). Is the $129 rate already with the reduction built in, or do they remove the fourth night at checkout?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:02 pm
Suspended

The canyons is not deer valley but Deer Valley already has the Stein Erickson Lodge and a brand new St Regis. I dont think hilton wanted to compete with those at deer valley but wanted to enter the Utah (particularly Park City market). Park City Mountain Resort is dominated by Marriotts multiple properties and condos.

The canyons is an amazing ski area and I think that the hotel will do really well even in this bad economy. Park City is an amazing market and i think the olympics have a decent chance of returning in 2022. Hilton is smart to build in Park City I think this was a solid choice and its better suited for a Waldorf=Astoria then a resgular hilton. This and the brand new amazing St Regis might be the new "in" places to stay/host events at the Sundance Film Festival in 2010
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal
They have the $129 rate for the summer with a "Stay 3 nights, 4th is free" type promotion. When I am booking the reservation it still shows $516 total (4 x 129). Is the $129 rate already with the reduction built in, or do they remove the fourth night at checkout?
It looks like the $129 rate is simply the “Best Available Rate”, so there is no built-in reduction. I’m not sure how it works or why it shows $516 for the total. I’d call and ask.

Regarding the resort fee discussed up thread, at least they disclose it front – one couldn’t possibly miss it when booking online.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
This is a great property addition....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.