Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:37 am
fMD

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about taking a trip here using points sometime near the end of the year. I don't see ANY availability (even $) from 12/17/14 to 1/6/16. Does that usually open up later in the year?

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by fMD
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about taking a trip here using points sometime near the end of the year. I don't see ANY availability (even $) from 12/17/14 to 1/6/16. Does that usually open up later in the year?

Thanks!
It is not uncommon for all hotels in ski locations to not make availability for anything for next season until long after the current season ends
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by fMD

Thanks!
Have you called the hotel directly? The folks there on-site in reservations (M-F, 9am-5pm Mountain Time) should be able to tell you why they have blocked any reservations during the Holidays. Plus, be sure to ask what the minimum stay requirement will be when (or if) they unblock those dates.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Daveyb101
Just made a points booking for Labor Day weekend. Phone agent volunteered that the resort fee is waived for points booking (irrespective of status, presumably).
Does anyone know if this is still the case? Have never stayed at a WA before so am considering a reward stay for one night on a forthcoming road trip as somewhere 'special' to stay (So far we've never stayed anywhere better than a conventional Hilton, so the bar for special isn't exactly super high).
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
is this the best hotel in the area, or is there something better?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Yes, if for directly means "at Canyons".
For "the area", which includes Deer Valley and PC, then no, the best would be Montage and St. Regis and Stein Eriksson (all three at DV).

Last edited by canyonleo; Sep 4, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Yes, resort fees are generally waived for all reward stays at all Hilton Worldwide properties. Nothing unique to Waldorf Astoria Park City.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Yes, if for directly means "at Canyons".
For "the area", which includes Deer Valley and PC, then no, the best would be Montage and St. Regis and Stein Eriksson (all three at DV).
I'd also suggest that the answer can change dramatically based on what you're looking to get out of the property. While the hotel is very nice, base rooms are very small (especially if you score one of the rooms without even a balcony) and dark. Also, the location can leave a little to be desired -- if you're looking to be in the middle of the action, you might be disappointed -- the canyons village is a bit of a hike, drive, and/or lift ride ride away, with accessibility varying based on the season and even the day of the week. I can imagine several scenarios where somebody might be much more satisfied with a different, albeit less luxurious, selection, even if "the area" were limited to the Canyons.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I'm curious if anyone has had a ski stay last winter on points - and if you were able to negotiate or secure an upgrade in advance. I'm a Diamond but need the one-bedroom unit rather than the normal King Deluxe (which is what is booked with points). In the past, I've always been upgraded. A couple of times it was just given as the Diamond benefit, once I had to pay a small fee.

Anyone know how upgrades have been given during ski season - during the week?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was not upgraded as a Diamond during a stay in the summer. In fact given a king bed ADA room with roll in shower and asked for another room only thing offered was a room with 2 queen beds. As said before basic rooms are small.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:51 am

Be aware, there is a ton of construction on three adjacent sides of this property - dirt moving, dust in air, machinery beeping and noises. Also, there's no progress on burying power lines, so half the views from the property have a power line within 100 yards.

And, of course, they're not running the Waldorf Gondola until season, so this is not walking distance to any retail/restaurant/etc. in the village.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by holocker
I was not upgraded as a Diamond during a stay in the summer. In fact given a king bed ADA room with roll in shower and asked for another room only thing offered was a room with 2 queen beds. As said before basic rooms are small.
Oh that's unfortunate. We were upgraded to a really nice 1br unit last summer, and I was only Gold at the time. I think the property was fairly full, as it was during the Wine & Food Classic and the WA was hosting some of the events.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Just had a four night stay during ski season. Sixth year skiing and staying here.

A couple of things:
Upgrade
I wrote ahead asking them to try their best to upgrade to a one-bedroom unit. We booked a double, using points. But two grown men in a room with two double beds is pretty tight, so we were hoping for the upgrade and some room. In past winters, we've always been upgraded. Writing ahead didn't help, though. Hotel was full and we were not upgraded. The front desk manager said he would continually look to see if we could move mid-stay, but never happened.

There were only intermittent larger rooms for sale at the time for a day here or there, so I know it was a full hotel.

Which leads me to another random point. The hotel was at almost 100% capacity, and we barely saw anyone other than at breakfast.

Spa
Seems the services are great as ever.

Service
Excellent this stay. Very friendly staff, almost every person spoke to us, many knew our names. Every request for service was met promptly.

Breakfast
We were on an award stay so no free breakfast. As a Diamond, one day they gave me a 10% discount on breakfast but other days they did not. Had to remind them of a discount at the spa three times in order to get it applied to the final bill.

Valet
Our last night, the front desk manager called my cell phone. I thought he was going to offer us an upgrade on our last night - but instead he was calling to inform me that the ski valet had backed his cart into my rental car. The damage was minimal (in fact, when I ended up pointing it out to the check-in guy at the rental car counter, he looked at it, shrugged, and said, "don't report it, if they notice it, they'll contact you.").

So when the front desk manager called me to tell me, I told him I'd take a look in the morning. When I checked out, he said he had filed a report and gave me his card and said to just call him if there were any charges or if I wanted to file through their insurance. I was pretty laid back about the damages and even joked a bit with the valet staff about the kid who did the damage.

I did think it was kind of odd that no hotel GM or even assistant bothered to say anything, there were no adjustments to my bill, and they didn't so much as throw in a free breakfast or something on my way out that morning. It wasn't ultimately a big deal so I don't really have a reason to complain to management. But I thought it was odd there was not even a "we are sorry" gesture of some sort, particularly given that the front desk manager we had been working with for a hopeful upgrade was the same one handling this.

Snow
Was excellent. Dumped on the first two days of the week.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

Does anyone know if they are done with the surrounding construction? Considering 4 nights in June.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:25 pm

Ha, done? They have at least six different projects - all but one having broke ground - on adjacent lands (so basically surrounding it):

1. Fairway Villas almost complete (most uphill from hotel)

2. Two multi-tenant large buildings at the dead end of Fairway Villas road (don't remember the project name) that are not Fairway Villas

3. Tri-plex buildings project to north (three buildings started, like 10 more to break ground)

4. Large 30 or so unit complex across the road to east (Apex might be the name... it's where the yurt is)

5. Hotel that hasn't yet broken ground that is going in across traffic circle

6. Three single family homes that are basically touching the base of the Waldorf Gondola

Not only is the area surrounding the property a mess (and in summer will be super dusty), but there's still raised power lines in nearly all views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.