Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
Can anyone who is there now or was there recently tell me how much sunscreen costs on the island? We usually don't check bags, which means we bring a 3oz bottle to get us by the first day until we can purchase some at our destination. It's usually expensive at any vacation destination so I can only imagine what it will cost at the Conrad Maldives. If it's really crazy expensive, we may check a bag for a change. We won't have to pay any checked bag fees. We just don't like the hassle of checking and reclaiming bags, hoping they don't get lost, etc.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Can anyone who is there now or was there recently tell me how much sunscreen costs on the island? We usually don't check bags, which means we bring a 3oz bottle to get us by the first day until we can purchase some at our destination. It's usually expensive at any vacation destination so I can only imagine what it will cost at the Conrad Maldives. If it's really crazy expensive, we may check a bag for a change. We won't have to pay any checked bag fees. We just don't like the hassle of checking and reclaiming bags, hoping they don't get lost, etc.
The minibar has the sunscreen thats similar to typical drug store products (lots of chemicals), SPF60. It costs $33.27, including taxes, fees.

The spa has a more natural/less chemical one for sale for ~$150.

I believe it might be cheaper to bring some.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
I was going to comment about this too.......I've never been asked to wear a life jacket. Certainly we weren't last year?
The Conrad crew required everyone to have one, and said that they were concerned about the possibility of someone getting tired, etc.

Other boats from other resorts clearly did not have this requirement.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island

Btw, we'll be at Villu cacktail hour, probably every night for the next six nights. We're 43 year old Americans. We both have long brown hair. He's tall and thin, and well, I'm not, lol. Feel free to stop by and say Hi if you're here!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
We arrived yesterday. Two adults for the meet up. Conrad Maldives, I think 6PM this Sunday at Rangali was the most recently suggested and somewhat agreed upon time. I vote we go with that unless anyone objects. From recent posts, I'm thinking there are maybe 10 to 20 people, maybe more counting children.
Ok let's make a chain so everyone add to this. Agree 6pm at Rangali

Milesabound 2 Adults 2 kids
LA_FadeAway 2 Adults
ConradMaldives 1 Adult
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:16 pm

Family of 5 will be out on the 6th April (kids are 11,15 &17) returning on the 20th? Any other fam's out at this time?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:19 pm

The 3rd return trip after 10 and 4 years - Is it still okay for no shoes and shorts at dinner?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ok let's make a chain so everyone add to this. Agree 6pm at Rangali

LA_FadeAway 2 Adults
ConradMaldives 1 Adult
Djangojam 2 adults 1 kid
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by djmac909
The 3rd return trip after 10 and 4 years - Is it still okay for no shoes and shorts at dinner?
Other than at the Rangali Bar, I always wore pants to dinner.

That said, no shoes are ever required.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:43 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Originally Posted by djmac909
No shoes is fine, no shorts isn't! Sorry, I'm being silly. We'd prefer you to wear longer trousers for dinner.

==============
LA_FadeAway 2 Adults
ConradMaldives 1 Adult
Djangojam 2 adults 1 kid

So far that's 7 adults, 3 kids at Rangali Bar at 6pm this Sunday.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:20 am

Football - Is there a staff / guest football match we can get involved in?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
No shoes is fine, no shorts isn't! Sorry, I'm being silly. We'd prefer you to wear longer trousers for dinner.

==============
LA_FadeAway 2 Adults
ConradMaldives 1 Adult
Djangojam 2 adults 1 kid

Add 2 adults. We're from NYC
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by ConradMaldives

==============
LA_FadeAway 2 Adults
ConradMaldives 1 Adult
Djangojam 2 adults 1 kid

Please add 2 more adults for Sunday dinner.
We're waiting in the Conrad lounge now...actually starring 'in the movie' versus watching all this time.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by skgarach
Add 2 adults. We're from NYC
Welcome to FT! Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang this Sunday.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Some F&B questions:

Does anyone know if Vilu still serves dinner? I did not see the menu on dropbox.

Can someone explain the congratulations dinner at sunset grill? How is $195 pp a deal?

What days are the group beach bbqs, how much are they and what is included as far as food and drinks?

If I book the wine cellar dinner, can specific menu requests be taken? I don't eat seafood or raw meats.

I will have more questions, leaving in 2.5 weeks...thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.