Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
Hi there Yoony!

(1) If you stay on the main island, are you allowed to go to the smaller island? (I have a ~20 mos old kid.)
Absolutely, yes. Both islands are open to all of our guests, HOWEVER, as other posters have mentioned, the Quiet Zone on the smaller island which comprises a bar/restaurant, beach and the over-water pool is for over 16s only.

(2) What time does the buffet breakfast end?
It's from 7am until 11am.

(3) Is there a fridge in the room and a market to buy a carton of milk or other snacks?
There is a refrigetated mini bar in the villa and there are some snacks (mostly crisps and chocolate) at the gift shop but not milk.

(4) Should we expect mosquito or other bug bites?
We control mosquitoes but if you're sensitive to bites then we still recommend you bring anti-mosquito cream with you. If you do any excursions to local islands, then you'll definitely need it.

(5) What is the best way for my son to see sharks/rays/fish on the property?
Stand on the beach and wait for them to come to you! We have about 500 metres of coral reef just off the beach on our main island and you'll see just about everything if you snorkel a couple of times.

(6) Any secrets you want to share?
Manta season is starting now and runs through to about April. You'll be able to see the mantas most nights from the middle of the bridge between the two islands.
Keep an eye out for dolphins in the deep water outside of the reef early in the mornings. It's not unusual to see them near the Spa Retreat and they've also been seen on the sunset side of our smaller island too. Very occasionally they come into the lagoon and you can see them from Rangali Bar but this a rare occurence.
We do indeed have plunge pools on the decks of the recently opened water villas. We've got artist's impressions on our facebook page and will have photography by the middle of December. Our facebook is here: www.facebook.com/ConradMaldivesRangaliIsland and the artist's impressions here: http://www.facebook.com/ConradMaldiv...9676768&type=3
Thank you for these responses. So far, you've been one of the most forthright company reps on this board - especially with regard to any Hilton properties.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi there!

We're so excited to be visiting you for our honeymoon next October... I have a question about getting to the resort.

I saw in an earlier post that it was mentioned that Seaplanes are for daytime arrivals, and that if we come later, there will be a local flight followed by a speedboat. Is this the case?

We're looking at flights into MLE, and I'm trying to figure out... what is the latest I can arrive for a Seaplane transfer? What's the latest I can arrive for a plane/speedboat transfer? THANKS!

EDIT: It looks like we're going to try and arrive at 2:35PM in MLE. Is this early enough to take the Seaplane that same day??? We would prefer to not spend the night in MLE. I've read that the seaplane goes until 4PM so I THINK we have enough time. Yes?

Last edited by hungarianhc; Nov 24, 2011 at 2:06 am
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:15 am
Suspended

We do indeed have plunge pools on the decks of the recently opened water villas. We've got artist's impressions on our facebook page and will have photography by the middle of December. Our facebook is here: www.facebook.com/ConradMaldivesRangaliIsland and the artist's impressions here: http://www.facebook.com/ConradMaldiv...9676768&type=3

ConradMaldives rep, I don't know why you have so much time that you are able to write texts in a public forum when you don't even manage to handle my bookings for next January! I have been dealing with you (i.e. with the hotel) for simple questions and inquires for about four weeks now! You cannot even manage to answer to individual email requests. Hey, I am fed up with your standard texts. The Conrad Maldives is a real pain. It is one of the most disorganized hotels in the Hilton chain that I am aware of. In this sens, I would appreciate if you could more care about your real customers than about public Internet forums!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:17 am
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
EDIT: It looks like we're going to try and arrive at 2:35PM in MLE. Is this early enough to take the Seaplane that same day??? We would prefer to not spend the night in MLE. I've read that the seaplane goes until 4PM so I THINK we have enough time. Yes?
Oh yes, that's plenty of time. As long as you reach Male by 4pm we can get you on a seaplane to the resort.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by OliverM
ConradMaldives rep, I don't know why you have so much time that you are able to write texts in a public forum when you don't even manage to handle my bookings for next January!
I'm really sorry you've been having problems making reservations with us. Which email address are you using for us? We've recently had a big change in our email systems and the best address to reach us on is: [email protected]

Just so you're aware, it's two completely different departments you're dealing with: I don't handle any reservations and the reservations team don't do any of the internet replies, because, as you've pointed out, they don't have the time.

Last edited by ConradMaldives; Nov 25, 2011 at 2:29 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Maximum number of villas under one folio?

In the US, most Hilton's limit the number of rooms under 1 name/folio/HHonors benefit to 2. What is the policy of this resort? I was thinking of returning next year to relive the wonderful stay I had 2 yrs ago. But I was thinking of bringing 5 others with me and we'd be spread in 4 villas. Could I pay for all rooms myself under one account...and would HHonors Diamond perks be extended to all guests in my 4 villas? And is there ever a discount for multiple villas? I was thinking of going for 7 days but want to keep total accommodation costs under $25,000US.

Last edited by Weatherboy; Nov 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:49 am

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but Hilton Asia Pacific has just launched its December sale (discounted room rates plus bonus HHonors points). Conrad Maldives is one of the hotels participating. More here: http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors..._4/index.jhtml or if that doesn't work, try: www.HHonors.com/APAC/December

Last edited by ConradMaldives; Nov 26, 2011 at 1:53 am Reason: wrong web address
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by llfoster
I agree with the prior post but always am too apprehensive re availability. We usually will pay for an overwater upgrade for part of the stay just to absolutely guarantee that we are over water for part of the trip. The land villas are lovely but I am one who really only wants to be over water - I know others feel the opposite.
What is the cost to upgrade to an overwater bungalow? I am a diamond member and was thinking about staying here next year. We did Bora Bora this year and the OWB are a must!! How much is the additional per night fee to guarantee an OWB?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by siruis86
What is the cost to upgrade to an overwater bungalow? I am a diamond member and was thinking about staying here next year. We did Bora Bora this year and the OWB are a must!! How much is the additional per night fee to guarantee an OWB?
I'd be very interested in this also, specifically as it pertains to the cost to upgrade to an OWB on an award stay.

In addition, it would be good to know whether folks who upgraded to an OWB did so in advance or upon arrival, and what specific category of OWB they upgraded to.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
As far as I gathered, you can try your luck upon arriving as a Diamond but to make sure you need to pay for it.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Water villas and Superior Water villas are set on stilts in the ocean but fairly close to shore and parallel with the beach. The Retreat Water Villas on the other hand are out to sea and a long way from the island if that's what you're looking for.

The Water villas will have a plunge pool with water jets while the Superior Water villas have a Jacuzzi. Superior Water villas are slightly larger than Water villas with a different layout including a bed that faces the sundeck so you wake up every morning facing the ocean.

Hope that helps!
Sorry, though I understand the difference in principle I'm still a bit unclear on some of the practical differences between a plunge pool with water jets and a jacuzzi. So:

1. Would you know the relative dimensions of the two--i.e., length, width and depth?
2. If not, which is larger?
3. And is the jacuzzi heated and the plunge pool not?
4. Am I correct in assuming that the jacuzzi has a ledge inside the water on which you can sit and that the plunge pool does not?
5. Any other differences, such as where they're located on the deck?

Thanks for any help with this.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I'm visiting the Conrad next year for 14 nights on a reward booking. I enquired about upgrading from standard beach villa to Deluxe beach villa and that was an additional $400 per night, or about 400.000 points per night (premium room upgrade)!

Hope that helps ...I assume OWB would be at least $400+
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I'd also like to know what the difference is between a jacuzzi and plunge pool, please!

Which type (jacuzzi or plunge pool) is on the deck of the Spa/Retreat Water Villa?

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
I'm visiting the Conrad next year for 14 nights on a reward booking. I enquired about upgrading from standard beach villa to Deluxe beach villa and that was an additional $400 per night, or about 400.000 points per night (premium room upgrade)!

Hope that helps ...I assume OWB would be at least $400+
Thanks very much! I assume you're right about the $400+ for the OWB upgrade, but hope ConradMaldives reports in with a lower figure. Not to get into a debate about the two properties--there are definite advantages and disadvantages to each--but at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives (formerly Beach House Maldives) the OWBs are the standard rooms so no extra payment for staying in one on an award.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I was able to book Conrad for 37.500 points per night, but think the beach house is minimum 80,000 points per night?

I've been to Conrad 3 times and love it... i don't think i would consider the additional points to stay at the Beach House worth it/the risk of being disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.