Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Status & refurb?

Originally Posted by Klove007
First of 7 nights done here and the place is as magical as I anticipated. Thanks to everyone especially MaldivesFreak... I will do a detailed review at a later date but the weather has been decent for anyone checking in this week was partially sunny yesterday, rained a lot at night and was a beautiful morning with full sun until 1pm now its raining again perfect for nap time ... hopefully will stop soon enough for tea and happy hour.
Are you Gold/Diamond - what are your benefits? Afternoon tea & happy hour still included?

Which room are you in, we like reef side 210-220ish

Any sign of more refurbs?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
Are you Gold/Diamond - what are your benefits? Afternoon tea & happy hour still included?

Which room are you in, we like reef side 210-220ish

Any sign of more refurbs?
Diamond, received the tea and happy hour our beach villa is 215, we requested to 214 or 216 to try to grab the end units - we got some noisy neighbours today... we absolutely loved being on the reef side and if it weren't for the experience of staying in our first overwater bungalow we probably would have stayed in the beach villa.

We are in a renovated beach villa - haven't used the extra day bed yet but if I had kids here with us that is were they would be staying.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:29 pm

Does anyone think The Quiet Zone is unethical or it maybe peeves you off because it exhibits age-based discrimination? Somehow I don't think so.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Does anyone think The Quiet Zone is unethical or it maybe peeves you off because it exhibits age-based discrimination? Somehow I don't think so.

If I'm not allowed to hang out kids club (not saying I want to), why would kids be allowed at an adult area?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is the only area so restricted. I don't see a problem.Kids can run wild everywhere else. As can adults.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Klove007
If I'm not allowed to hang out kids club (not saying I want to), why would kids be allowed at an adult area?
Actually we are allowed at the kids club.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:13 am

Has anyone taken a drone? Planning to be there in January with my new drone. Just curious to see other footage for ideas.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
When we were there in April, there was a guy with a drone. It was annoying. Please leave your toy at home.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
When we were there in April, there was a guy with a drone. It was annoying. Please leave your toy at home.
What he said.

Please, have some respect for others' privacy and the magic of the place. Who, in their right mind, would want to be sitting on a beach in the Maldives (which, just in case you didn't know, are so private it's possible you can sit there for hours and not see anyone else (Rangali is a perfect example of this)) and be disturbed by something flying overhead, its noise and potential for invading privacy and be concerned that your picture or video of you was being taken and might be uploaded onto Youtube or wherever. Not to mention the fact that you can be spied upon when having a shower naked in the outdoor bathrooms of the beach villas or swimming naked in your Deluxe Beach Villa or Over Water Villa pool. There is a time and a place for drones and that is at a public beach where there are hundreds of people and all in swimsuits where there is zero privacy to begin with. Think for a minute about what you're going to do. Have some common decency and, as goliath says, kindly leave your toy at home!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by goliath
So sad to hear this and that others are planning it too. Remove the privacy and peacefulness and the appeal is gone for me. Well at least the thought of drones has cured the Maldives withdrawals I have been having.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:03 pm

Actually I like having that particular kind of withdrawl symptom.....

Actually Part II: let's make an online petition to the Maldivian government to ban drones like they do alcohol! Who's in?!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: VA
I'm heading back there in a few weeks time and staying in the Sunset Villa and was thinking the same - a drone could get some cool pictures, then I realised that with the outdoor showers and honeymooners skinny dipping in their private pools it would be rude to do that and I don't think you'd make many friends.

Maybe go on a deserted island trip while there and take your drone to get some footage, but it's a bad idea and an invasion of privacy to use it on such a tranquil resort like Rangalia especially where there are outdoor bathing facilities

Originally Posted by thunderl
Has anyone taken a drone? Planning to be there in January with my new drone. Just curious to see other footage for ideas.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:24 pm

Do you have enough points?

If not enough points it won't even show the prices and availability

Maybe just a temporary glitch or an update within the system because I get availability for a 5-night points stay (tried both this and next month).
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:26 pm

Check if your points balance is sufficient. You'll need 380,000 in your account to even view five day availability and pricing.
Working fine for me currently.

Originally Posted by mkcol
I'd been looking for 5 night availability through the next 12 months using the flexible dates & got nothing at all. I then looked for single night availability and there was plenty, so I'm guessing some sort of glitch.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Any recent visitors have any issues with mosquitoes? I visited in 2014 and we loved our stay. I can't recall any flying bugs. Headed back next month and someone alerted me to a possible zika risk. My sense and research show that the risk is low (compared to the Caribbean) and that it is endemic to the islands rather than the new and spreading strain in other places in the world. You also need mosquitoes for zika and I don't recall any from my last stay. Anyway, any thoughts from a recent visitor would be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.