Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
MF how come you amass 300k in points, big dining bill?
If it's a paid stay, base accommodation alone is between 3 and 4K before taxes. Points + Points & Diamond bonus makes for double and been pretty fortunate in going when there's been a double points promo so that's double base points again. Adds up quick.
Last stay we lost out on quite a few points as we went with friends and both my and the girlfriend's account maxed out with 2 rooms on each. Anything above $10K is lost due to the 100,000 point cap per account.

Originally Posted by KL808
Can someone kindly let me know where to email paid upgrade requests to? PM will work also if need be.

Thanks
As per the Wiki
• Reservations Department: [email protected]
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@maldivesfreak - Points + points + diamond is (10 + 5) * 1.5 = 22.5 per dollar? Add in Hilton Surpass at 12X and that's like 34.5X. Guess it adds up quick

Though you missed out a lot, because at 22.5X that's only $4,444 in spend per account/stay. If there's any double point bonus/etc all that will poof too.

They split my stay into 2 reservations - 1 for the BV and 1 for the WV. I know it counts only as one stay but if only there was a way to leverage the splitting

Let me know if my math is off here as you don't have to try hard to spend $4K here!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:04 pm

No, unfortunately not. Diamond bonus is on base points only. Same as Points & Points and any promo. The cards also apply their bonus only onto base points. Can't get a Hilton CC where I live so losing out there too.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Cheap Maldives?

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I never been to Maldives, hence doubting it's so great to be worth that money (plus points). I will have to investigate prices in different places to have some comparison. $500 for plane transfer seems like a rip-off to me. My promotional long haul ticket to Mahe was much cheaper.
Cheap & Luxury Maldives simply doesn't exist.

Most places are a min of Ł250/night room only.

If you dive or snorkel its truly world class destination if you choose the right island.

I've done 2x separate live aboard diveboat safaris prior to now choosing to stay on islands.

Vilamendhoo Resort is good value, I really rate the potential value proposition @ Conrad if you stay on points and are HH Gold/Diamond. Max out on a late breakfast means no need for a 3 course meal every night.

Yes the seaplane @ $560 isn't cheap. But when did you last take a seaplane in such a remote destination for 30mins rtn to compare the costs?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:44 am

You mean "no need for a 3 course lunch every day.", heh. Just kidding.
But as for no 3 course meal at night, there's no way I personally could snorkel, do water sports and other activities all day and not need a big meal in the evening. And my BMI is very standard. I don't have large fat reserves to burn off. I'd starve to death eating an entree and a juice at Mandhoo after all that energy expenditure.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Don't worry. He'll be addicted after his first visit just like the rest of us!
Indeed.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
One thing I love about Rangali is that I usually end up with anywhere between 150K and 300K for each visit. Makes it easy to accumulate points. :-)
We get points for the flights too right?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:56 am

Not supposed to but sometimes we do.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
No - see the Wiki for all items that don't count for points accrual.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I did but YMMV.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
If it's a paid stay, base accommodation alone is between 3 and 4K before taxes. Points + Points & Diamond bonus makes for double and been pretty fortunate in going when there's been a double points promo so that's double base points again. Adds up quick.
Last stay we lost out on quite a few points as we went with friends and both my and the girlfriend's account maxed out with 2 rooms on each. Anything above $10K is lost due to the 100,000 point cap per account.

As per the Wiki
• Reservations Department: [email protected]
We had 2 bookings, my wife's account got 155k, I didn't get as many as that, but all the extras went on her account
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: points traveller
how do you calculate if you got the right number of points? i just have a base and then gold 25% addition.

thought i'd signed up to the krisflyer triple your miles but perhaps it didn't count if you don't pay for a base room night

i did notice i got credited the nights towards status even though i booked fully on points
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:17 pm

Incidentals like F&B, spa and others count towards points (see Wiki for full list of what doesn't count). You have to look at the bill carefully and not include the service charge and taxes. Whatever the amount is in USD you multiply by 10 and that's your base point total. Then add 25% for your Gold status. If in doubt, next time ask at checkout for them to highlight which items are applicable and they can work out a rough total for you.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Naboo79
Are there any Gold members here who have received a complimentary room upgrade at this Conrad? I heard that they don't do upgrades, even for Diamond members..

I was here earlier this month and both rooms were upgraded from Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa

I'm Gold.. or I was at the time
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@MF - wow it doesn't seem like it takes much to max out spend here for the 100k cap. Let's say $3K spend with the double points promo extended.

30,000 base
30,000 double
15,000 points + points
15,000 diamond

Already you're at 90K. At some point it's best to switch to points + miles if you know you're going to go over a bit sounds like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.