Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 15, 14, 10:55 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Welcome to the Conrad Maldives wiki!

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired year:

2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Staying for Free
Category 10: 95,000 HHonors points per night with no 'low' season reduced pricing, or
Fifth Night Free: 380,000 HHonors points per 5 nights (76,000/night), or
AXON: 300,000 HHonors points per 4 nights (75,000/night)

Certificates
2 Free weekend nights from Citi HHonors Reserve CC sign up bonus ($2,500 in 4 months; Partner can open separate card for 2 additional nights)

Resort Information / F&B / Activities
Refer to resort's dropbox

Transfers to Resort
How: Conrad Maldives is an island about 100km from Malé International Airport and can be reached in three ways: by seaplane, by a domestic flight followed by a speedboat trip or by private yacht. Please note that all of these transfer options are charged and will be added to your room bill.

Time:
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 06.00 and 16.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by seaplane.
• Because seaplanes can only fly during daylight hours, guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 16.00 and 22.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by domestic flight and speedboat.
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight after 22.00 will require overnight accommodation in Malé and a seaplane transfer will be arranged for them the following morning. The resort can book the hotel for you if requested and add the charges to your room bill at Conrad Maldives. (See below for recommended hotels in Malé)
• Guests departing Malé on an international flight before 09.00 will be transferred from the resort to Malé the previous afternoon. This can be booked by the hotel for you and added to your room bill charges at Conrad Maldives.

Luggage: 25kg per person + 5kg of hand luggage; Limit of 32kg per piece of luggage; Excess baggage charged at US $5.00 + 8% GST per kg
Cost: US $500 + GST roundtrip per head as of 2014, billed to room
Lounge: Private Conrad lounge available while waiting for seaplane. Open until 11PM daily. $85pp + taxes for use upon departure from resort and before your flight from Malé International Airport. Refreshments, WiFi and dinner provided. Children below 12yrs get 50% discount and Infants below 02 yrs are free of charge.

Villa Types and Abbreviations used in this thread (listed in order from most basic to most luxurious)

-- BVs (Beach Villas) --

BV (Beach Villa)
DBV (Deluxe Beach Villa)
JBS (Junior Beach Suite)
BS (Beach Suite)

-- OWVs (Over Water Villas) --

WV (Water Villa)
SWV (Superior Water Villa)
DWV (Deluxe Water Villa)
RWV (Retreat Water Villa (formerly know as Spa Water Villa)) aka FWV (Family Water Villa. Note: The two spa beds are removed from the second room and replaced with a single bed)
PWV (Permier Water Villa)
SunWV (Sunset Water Villa)

Upgrades
Resort is exempted from free upgrade policy. Paid upgrades may be available. Prices for upgrades vary according to time of travel and prevailing rates. Upgrades may be possible to the following rooms, subject to 10% service charge and 8% GST:
(low season)
King Water Villa: $200
King Deluxe Beach Villa: $275
Retreat Water Villa: $475

(High Season - Jan 2014)
Beach Villa to Water villa / Deluxe Beach Villa - USD 375.00
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa - USD 562.50
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD 712.50
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - USD 900.00

Diamond and Gold Benefits:
Free Breakfast. Available at both Atoll and Vilu restaurants
Happy Hour @ Vilu: Every day from 5-6PM (except on days when the General Manager hosts a cocktail party - currently Tuesdays). Free drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome to attend but free only for guests on Rangali Island (smaller island with water villas only) and Hilton Gold and Diamond members

Benefits for All Guests:
Afternoon Tea @ Mandhoo: Every day from 4-5PM. Free tea and biscuits. Everyone welcome
Happy Hour @ Rangali Bar: Every day from 6-7PM. Half-priced drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome

Kid's Club Info (external site, scroll down to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island):
http://www.dreamingofmaldives.com/ma...s-in-maldives/

Resort Map:
Map of resort (pre-3rd island)
Aerial view (Google Maps)

Villa Selection:
Courtesy of pineapple_09
Note: You are free to request specific villas, but the property will not be able to confirm them 100% due to operational intricacies. Can't hurt to ask and many have had success.

"Request the 200 number beach villas (reef side) vs 100 villas (lagoon side) - Worst case, try to get upper 100’s as low 100’s are noisy" -johndeere19

Weather:
http://www.maldivesonlineguide.com/t...imate-weather/

Maintenance/Property Issues:
Property will be closed from May 15, 2014 - July 14, 2014 for completion of 3rd island which will house staff and infrastructure. This doesn't in any way affect the resort, but because there will be no electricity or water for a period of time because power generators and water plant are being moved from one island to another, the resort will close. During this time there will be maintenance and minor changes to the resort such as refreshing paintwork, furnishings and fabrics etc but no great changes.

Hotel check in time - 02:00 pm, guaranteed early check in can be arranged at the rate of one night's stay prior to the arrival.

Hotel check out time - 12 noon, guaranteed late check-out can be arranged by booking an additional night's stay.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/us0dvrflfk2qpm8/pnbkSE_0hB

Subaqua diving:: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byqn...RicGZveWM/edit

Recommended hotels for overnight stay in Malé:
Traders Hotel (4 Star, $300-$400/night)
Hotel Octave (3 Star, $100-$150/night, Excellent reviews and value for money)

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 6, 10, 7:16 pm   #721

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTraveller765 View Post
While I think about it - does anyone who has been recently (or just knows a lot) know anything about Atoll Market being closed for dinner until August??
Yes it is closed for lunch and dinner for low season. It did not effect me as I was not planning on going there. Vilu is also closed for breakfast for now.
sharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 10, 7:17 pm   #722

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTraveller765 View Post
$8 Government bed tax per person per night ($16 for 2) = about $240. Still has to be paid, even on rewards stays (I think).
I thought I was maybe going to pay for this but was not charged.
sharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 10, 12:44 pm   #723

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklover View Post
Yes it is closed for lunch and dinner for low season. It did not effect me as I was not planning on going there. Vilu is also closed for breakfast for now.
Is the last few days of April, first two weeks of May considered "low" season? Or is it more mid season?
pineapple_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 10, 4:34 am   #724

Programs: SPG plt, United Plt, HHonors diamond , club carlson gold,
Went a few month ago using HHonors points for 7 days. amazing hotel location, room and spa. Food was not so good and very expensive. Breakfast was included for diamond members. The best meal we had was at spa retreat, other that that stick to the cheaper food since none of it was good and don't want to waste money. We went to a few special nights thiking it would be better, but was not. The good thing was with all the spending we ended up with half the HHonors points back...that bad thing we spent a lot, but was worth it.

There is also an adult only pool which has amazing views.
rgamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 10, 12:34 pm   #725

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
How do you search for this hotel online? I've been trying to search award availability, but the online search engine only shows up the Hilton, not the Conrad. I'm putting in Male as the City. Just wanted to look at the availability calendar.
kryten22uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 10, 12:39 pm   #726

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
You need to input Rangali Island instead of Male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten22uk View Post
How do you search for this hotel online? I've been trying to search award availability, but the online search engine only shows up the Hilton, not the Conrad. I'm putting in Male as the City. Just wanted to look at the availability calendar.
rdchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 10, 12:59 pm   #727

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
Ah thanks. I tried Rangli but obviously thats the wrong spelling. Weird it still showed the Hilton tho.
kryten22uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 10, 11:18 am   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik1868 View Post
How long has it taken others to receive points & stay credit after checking out from award stays? Two days after checkout mine appeared under "Hotel Stays Summary", but the eFolio Receipt column still says "Not Available" 6 days after checkout and neither point balance nor Stays/Nights Completed counters have been incremented.
I waited a few weeks for mine to appear and then the stay was recorded as "not eligible", so I sent an email to customer services reminding them that the cost of meals, drinks etc., should earn points. They apologized and passed the request on to the Conrad. I waited a few more weeks without reply and then phoned the Diamond line. The points were then awarded within a few days. I recommend that you wait two weeks and then phone HHonors.
SteveF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 10, 7:41 am   #729

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
I waited a few weeks for mine to appear and then the stay was recorded as "not eligible", so I sent an email to customer services reminding them that the cost of meals, drinks etc., should earn points. They apologized and passed the request on to the Conrad. I waited a few more weeks without reply and then phoned the Diamond line. The points were then awarded within a few days. I recommend that you wait two weeks and then phone HHonors.
Thanks, I wasn't that patient and emailed hhonors@hilton.com a scanned copy of my paper folio & ccard receipt along with a snippet from their T&C about earning points on reward stay incidentals, and my calculation of points that should be credited. They posted the points the next day (including 2Q promo bonus and amex online booking bonus) - it didn't seem like they had to go back to Conrad. eFolio still shows as "Not Available" online, but I'm far less concerned about that at this point.
erik1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 10, 10:57 am   #730
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Staying at the Conrad for 9 nights at the end of August. Wife really wants an "over water" room for at least a couple nights.

I've read the mixed reviews and pros/cons about each room type and I'm not sure if I want to commit to one room type using the pay-for-upgrade in the confirm email for the entire stay without first seeing the resort and getting a feel for what will work best for us.

I know upgrades aren't part of the deal at this property (and am fine with that) for Diamonds so I'm okay paying. I'm curious how they feel about on-site changes and what the rates generally are for this?

Any experiences with this would be very much appreciated.

Also are the over-water villas with private pool worth the extra $80/night vs. standard over-water rooms?

Thanks.

(We're both [relatively] young and in good shape so we won't mind having to walk, which I see is a common "complaint" about the over-water rooms at the property)
belynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 10, 2:23 am   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by belynch View Post
Also are the over-water villas with private pool worth the extra $80/night vs. standard over-water rooms?
My wife and I have stayed there twice (2009 and 2010) and both times in a Superior water Villa (i.e with the "pool") and would not consider one without a pool of some kind. Be aware though that the pool in the Superior WV is in fact a largish Jacuzzi, although you do have control over the temperature.
Old Jul 27, 10, 9:47 am   #732
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
and would not consider one without a pool of some kind.
Thanks. Were you offered a "buy-up" at check-in or did you do this in advance?

Also, random question -- just noticed my hotel issued confirm has a different res. number than the one on hilton.com. They also list me as a Silver (not Diamond). Not sure if this is a big deal or not as everything else matches up (arrival times, dates, etc.). Anyone think this is a potential issue?
belynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 10, 11:49 am   #733

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat Amb, Fairmont Premier
Quote:

Also, random question -- just noticed my hotel issued confirm has a different res. number than the one on hilton.com. They also list me as a Silver (not Diamond). Not sure if this is a big deal or not as everything else matches up (arrival times, dates, etc.). Anyone think this is a potential issue?
Yes. There's a fair chance that the discrepancy won't be a problem, but at both FT and Tripadvisor.com I've read a number of disappointed reports of hotel stays--including I believe a few for this property at TA--in which this sort of confusion by the hotel wasn't corrected beforehand. I'd suggest contacting the hotel directly and making sure it has all the correct info.
Thunderroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 10, 11:51 pm   #734
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Taj IC Gold, AI Maharajah, DL Silver
Quote:

call both the property as well as hilton....make sure they have the same information....
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 10, 2:56 am   #735

Quote:
The first time was a normal booking. The second was an award stay and I paid to upgrade in advance to be 100% sure of getting a Superior WV.