Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 14, 12:15 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Welcome to the Conrad Maldives wiki!

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired year:

2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Staying for Free
Category 10: 95,000 HHonors points per night with no 'low' season reduced pricing, or
Fifth Night Free: 380,000 HHonors points per 5 nights (76,000/night), or
AXON: 300,000 HHonors points per 4 nights (75,000/night)

Certificates
2 Free weekend nights from Citi HHonors Reserve CC sign up bonus ($2,500 in 4 months; Partner can open separate card for 2 additional nights)

Resort Information / F&B / Activities
Refer to resort's dropbox

Transfers to Resort
How: Conrad Maldives is an island about 100km from Malé International Airport and can be reached in three ways: by seaplane, by a domestic flight followed by a speedboat trip or by private yacht. Please note that all of these transfer options are charged and will be added to your room bill.

Time:
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 06.00 and 16.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by seaplane.
• Because seaplanes can only fly during daylight hours, guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 16.00 and 22.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by domestic flight and speedboat.
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight after 22.00 will require overnight accommodation in Malé and a seaplane transfer will be arranged for them the following morning. The resort can book the hotel for you if requested and add the charges to your room bill at Conrad Maldives. (See below for recommended hotels in Malé)
• Guests departing Malé on an international flight before 09.00 will be transferred from the resort to Malé the previous afternoon. This can be booked by the hotel for you and added to your room bill charges at Conrad Maldives.

Luggage: 25kg per person + 5kg of hand luggage; Limit of 32kg per piece of luggage; Excess baggage charged at US $5.00 + 8% GST per kg
Cost: US $500 + GST roundtrip per head as of 2014, billed to room
Lounge: Private Conrad lounge available while waiting for seaplane. Open until 11PM daily. $85pp + taxes for use upon departure from resort and before your flight from Malé International Airport. Refreshments, WiFi and dinner provided. Children below 12yrs get 50% discount and Infants below 02 yrs are free of charge.

Villa Types and Abbreviations used in this thread (listed in order from most basic to most luxurious)

-- BVs (Beach Villas) --

BV (Beach Villa)
DBV (Deluxe Beach Villa)
JBS (Junior Beach Suite)
BS (Beach Suite)

-- OWVs (Over Water Villas) --

WV (Water Villa)
SWV (Superior Water Villa)
DWV (Deluxe Water Villa)
RWV (Retreat Water Villa (formerly know as Spa Water Villa)) aka FWV (Family Water Villa. Note: The two spa beds are removed from the second room and replaced with a single bed)
PWV (Permier Water Villa)
SunWV (Sunset Water Villa)

Upgrades
Resort is exempted from free upgrade policy. Paid upgrades may be available. Prices for upgrades vary according to time of travel and prevailing rates. Upgrades may be possible to the following rooms, subject to 10% service charge and 8% GST:
(low season)
King Water Villa: $200
King Deluxe Beach Villa: $275
Retreat Water Villa: $475

(High Season - Jan 2014)
Beach Villa to Water villa / Deluxe Beach Villa - USD 375.00
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa - USD 562.50
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD 712.50
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - USD 900.00

Reservations & Villa Selection:
Reservation Department Email: mlehi.res@conradhotels.com

Advice on Villa Selection (Courtesy of pineapple_09)
Note: You are free to request specific villas, but the property will not be able to confirm them 100% due to operational intricacies. Can't hurt to ask and many have had success.

"Request the 200 number beach villas (reef side) vs 100 villas (lagoon side) - Worst case, try to get upper 100’s as low 100’s are noisy" -johndeere19

Diamond and Gold Benefits:
Free Breakfast. Available at both Atoll and Vilu restaurants
Happy Hour @ Vilu: Every day from 5-6PM (except on days when the General Manager hosts a cocktail party - currently Tuesdays). Free drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome to attend but free only for guests on Rangali Island (smaller island with water villas only) and Hilton Gold and Diamond members

Benefits for All Guests:
Afternoon Tea @ Mandhoo: Every day from 4-5PM. Free tea and biscuits. Everyone welcome
Happy Hour @ Rangali Bar: Every day from 6-7PM. Half-priced drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome

Kid's Club Info (external site, scroll down to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island):
http://www.dreamingofmaldives.com/ma...s-in-maldives/

Resort Map:
Map of resort (pre-3rd island)
Aerial view (Google Maps)

Weather:
http://www.maldivesonlineguide.com/t...imate-weather/

Maintenance/Property Issues:
• Property was closed from May 15, 2014 - July 14, 2014 for completion of 3rd island which now houses staff and infrastructure.
• New Cantonese restaurant named Ufaa is currently under construction (not noticible or a hindrance to guests) and planned to open in September 2014. It is situated where the old gym used to be.

Hotel check in time - 02:00 pm, guaranteed early check in can be arranged at the rate of one night's stay prior to the arrival.

Hotel check out time - 12 noon, guaranteed late check-out can be arranged by booking an additional night's stay.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/us0dvrflfk2qpm8/pnbkSE_0hB

Subaqua diving:: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byqn...RicGZveWM/edit

Recommended hotels for overnight stay in Malé:
Traders Hotel (4 Star, $300-$400/night)
Hotel Octave (3 Star, $100-$150/night, Excellent reviews and value for money)

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 30, 11, 2:17 am   #1666

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I'm visiting the Conrad next year for 14 nights on a reward booking. I enquired about upgrading from standard beach villa to Deluxe beach villa and that was an additional $400 per night, or about 400.000 points per night (premium room upgrade)!

Hope that helps ...I assume OWB would be at least $400+
Deepd1ver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 11, 3:48 am   #1667

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I'd also like to know what the difference is between a jacuzzi and plunge pool, please!

Which type (jacuzzi or plunge pool) is on the deck of the Spa/Retreat Water Villa?

Thanks
pineapple_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 11, 10:54 am   #1668

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat Amb, Fairmont Premier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7 View Post
I'm visiting the Conrad next year for 14 nights on a reward booking. I enquired about upgrading from standard beach villa to Deluxe beach villa and that was an additional $400 per night, or about 400.000 points per night (premium room upgrade)!

Hope that helps ...I assume OWB would be at least $400+
Thanks very much! I assume you're right about the $400+ for the OWB upgrade, but hope ConradMaldives reports in with a lower figure. Not to get into a debate about the two properties--there are definite advantages and disadvantages to each--but at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives (formerly Beach House Maldives) the OWBs are the standard rooms so no extra payment for staying in one on an award.
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:01 am   #1669

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I was able to book Conrad for 37.500 points per night, but think the beach house is minimum 80,000 points per night?

I've been to Conrad 3 times and love it... i don't think i would consider the additional points to stay at the Beach House worth it/the risk of being disappointed.
Deepd1ver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:06 am   #1670

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat Amb, Fairmont Premier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7 View Post
I was able to book Conrad for 37.500 points per night, but think the beach house is minimum 80,000 points per night?

I've been to Conrad 3 times and love it... i don't think i would consider the additional points to stay at the Beach House worth it/the risk of being disappointed.
Oh, the higher redemption rates for the Waldorf/Beach House during the high season--80K/night versus 50K night for the Conrad, though both do offer discounts for stays of four nights or longer for HH elites--is one of the many trade-offs I was alluding to. Yet another is that from what I understand the snorkeling at the Conrad is far superior. My point simply focused on the OWB feature; I didn't intend to suggest that the Waldorf was the right choice for everyone, particularly for folks who love the Conrad.
Old Dec 1, 11, 5:59 am   #1671

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post
Oh, the higher redemption rates for the Waldorf/Beach House during the high season--80K/night versus 50K night for the Conrad, though both do offer discounts for stays of four nights or longer for HH elites--is one of the many trade-offs I was alluding to. Yet another is that from what I understand the snorkeling at the Conrad is far superior. My point simply focused on the OWB feature; I didn't intend to suggest that the Waldorf was the right choice for everyone, particularly for folks who love the Conrad.
Looking at doing a reward stay at either W=A or Conrad, but since there it's lots more availability for Conrad at the reduced rate, I think we will end up there. OWB seems like a must for us, so the question is cash upgrade at Conrad vs. value of additional points at W=A...
uchuuace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 11, 6:03 am   #1672

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post
I'd be very interested in this also, specifically as it pertains to the cost to upgrade to an OWB on an award stay.

In addition, it would be good to know whether folks who upgraded to an OWB did so in advance or upon arrival, and what specific category of OWB they upgraded to.
Prices for upgrades will depend on your dates. There are countless posts in this thread already where people have asked (and responded) about their upgrade cost experience.

Whether you book the upgrade in advance or on arrival depends on how confident you are that the hotel wont be full, or how fussed you are about definitely getting an OWB. Clearly waiting until arrival gives you a chance (no matter how small) of blagging a free Diamond upgrade, but you risk the chance of no availability.

If you want to guarantee it then contact the hotel directly for the price relevant to your booking. And then haggle.
kryten22uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 7:18 am   #1673

Programs: HH Diamond, LH SEN
If someone could please give me an answer to that as I did not find it on the Internets and as it seems to be specific depending on each hotel:
1)Do I get points for incidentals at Conrad Rangali Island (i.e. food, seaplane transfers...)?
2) If there was any kind of double-promo during the period concerned, would one get even double points on those incidentals?

Thanks for your input.
Drosophila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 1:49 pm   #1674

Pineapple_09

If I recall correctly, the spa/retreat over water villas have a jacuzzi on the lower deck. It was a nice addition to the villa (in '10?)!
llfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 1:58 pm   #1675

Programs: UA 0P/0.566MM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, National EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drosophila View Post
1)Do I get points for incidentals at Conrad Rangali Island (i.e. food, seaplane transfers...)?
Most definitely yes. And you can pretty easily spend enough there on incidentals and upgrades to make a requal for Diamond or Gold fairly trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drosophila View Post
2) If there was any kind of double-promo during the period concerned, would one get even double points on those incidentals?
I see no reason why not
jasonvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 2:12 pm   #1676

Programs: HH Diamond, LH SEN
Thanks, Jason.
Drosophila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 11, 10:34 pm   #1677
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_09 View Post
I'd also like to know what the difference is between a jacuzzi and plunge pool, please!

Which type (jacuzzi or plunge pool) is on the deck of the Spa/Retreat Water Villa?

Thanks
A Jacuzzi is a brand name for a type of jetbath. It's a one-piece tub with a number of nozzles that feed different types of water jets in different directions.

The plunge pool is a tiled pool that we've built ourselves which has two fixed water jets.

The Jacuzzi in the Superior Water villas is bigger than the plunge pool in the Water Villas and is heated.

Both the Jacuzzi and plunge pools have a ledge that you can sit on.
ConradMaldives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 11, 10:47 pm   #1678

Thanks very much for the clarification, CM.
Old Dec 7, 11, 9:34 pm   #1679
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

We've got the photos of our new Water Villas (including the terrace and plunge pool) on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/ConradMaldivesRangaliIsland

Hope to have the Premier Water villa shots tomorrow.
ConradMaldives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 11, 4:01 am   #1680

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradMaldives View Post
We've got the photos of our new Water Villas (including the terrace and plunge pool) on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/ConradMaldivesRangaliIsland

Hope to have the Premier Water villa shots tomorrow.
Great photos, I've always wanted to visit!
deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote