Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 28, 15, 10:26 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Welcome to the Conrad Maldives wiki!

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired year:

2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Staying for Free
Category 10: 95,000 HHonors points per night with no 'low' season reduced pricing, or
Fifth Night Free: 380,000 HHonors points per 5 nights (76,000/night), or
AXON: 300,000 HHonors points per 4 nights (75,000/night)

Certificates
2 Free weekend nights from Citi HHonors Reserve CC sign up bonus ($2,500 in 4 months; Partner can open separate card for 2 additional nights)

Tax Information
• 10% Service Charge (levied by resort)
• 12% T-GST (Tourist Goods & Services Tax, levied by the Maldivian government, current as of Oct 1, 2014)
• The US$8pp Bed Tax (previously levied by the Maldivian government) has now been abolished

Resort Information / F&B / Activities
Refer to resort's website

Transfers to Resort
How: Conrad Maldives is a twin-island resort 90km Southwest of Malé International Airport and can be reached in three ways: by seaplane, by a domestic flight followed by a speedboat trip or by private yacht. Please note that all of these transfer options are charged and will be added to your room bill.

Time:
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 06.00 and 16.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by seaplane.
• Because seaplanes can only fly during daylight hours, guests arriving in Malé on an international flight between 16.00 and 22.00 will transfer to Conrad Maldives by domestic flight and speedboat.
• Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight after 22.00 will require overnight accommodation in Malé and a seaplane transfer will be arranged for them the following morning. The resort can book the hotel for you if requested and add the charges to your room bill at Conrad Maldives. (See below for recommended hotels in Malé)
• Guests departing Malé on an international flight before 09.00 will be transferred from the resort to Malé the previous afternoon and will require overnight accommodation in Malé. This can be booked by the hotel for you and added to your room bill charges at Conrad Maldives.

Seaplane Cost: US$500 + T-GST roundtrip per head. Children aged between 2 and 11 receive a 50% discount
Seaplane Luggage: 25kg per person + 5kg of hand luggage. Limit of 32kg per piece of luggage. Excess baggage charged at US $5.00 + 12% T-GST per kg

Lounge: Private Conrad lounge is available while waiting for seaplane. Open until 11PM daily. $85pp + 10% Service Charge and 12% T-GST for use upon departure from resort and before your flight from Malé International Airport. Refreshments, WiFi and dinner provided. Children below 12yrs get 50% discount and Infants below 2yrs are free of charge.

Villa Types and Abbreviations used in this thread (listed in order from most basic to most luxurious)

-- BVs (Beach Villas) --

BV (Beach Villa)
DBV (Deluxe Beach Villa)
JBS (Junior Beach Suite)
BS (Beach Suite)

-- OWVs (Over Water Villas) --

WV (Water Villa)
SWV (Superior Water Villa)
DWV (Deluxe Water Villa)
RWV (Retreat Water Villa (formerly know as Spa Water Villa)) aka FWV (Family Water Villa. Note: The two spa beds are removed from the second room and replaced with a single bed)
PWV (Permier Water Villa)
SunWV (Sunset Water Villa)

Upgrades
Resort is exempted from free upgrade policy. Paid upgrades may be available. Prices for upgrades vary according to time of travel and prevailing rates. Upgrades may be possible to the following rooms, subject to 10% service charge and 12% T-GST:
(low season)
King Water Villa: $200
King Deluxe Beach Villa: $275
Retreat Water Villa: $475

(High Season - Jan 2014)
Beach Villa to Water villa / Deluxe Beach Villa - USD 375.00
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa - USD 562.50
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD 712.50
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - USD 900.00

Villa Selection

Advice on Villa Selection (Courtesy of pineapple_09)
Note: You are free to request specific villas, but the property will not be able to confirm them 100% due to operational intricacies. Can't hurt to ask and many have had success.

"Request the 200 number beach villas (sunrise/reef side) vs 100 villas (sunset/lagoon side) - Worst case, try to get upper 100’s as low 100’s are noisy" -johndeere19

Diamond and Gold Benefits
Free Breakfast. Available at both Atoll and Vilu restaurants
• Happy Hour @ Vilu: Every day from 5-6PM (except on days when the General Manager hosts a cocktail party - currently Tuesdays). Free drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome to attend but free only for guests on Rangali Island (smaller island with water villas only) and Hilton Gold and Diamond members

Benefits for All Guests
• Afternoon Tea @ Mandhoo: Every day from 4-5PM. Offerings include tea, biscuits & cakes. Free for returning guests. Other guests welcome but will incur an admission fee of $15++
• Happy Hour @ Rangali Bar: Every day from 6-7PM. Half-priced drinks and mocktails/fruit juice/water. Everyone welcome

Kid's Club Info (external site, scroll down to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island)
http://www.dreamingofmaldives.com/ma...s-in-maldives/

Unique Attractions
The resort now has a jetpack! Some pics of the X-Jetpack in action:
http://i61.tinypic.com/3178ua8.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2mhfsoy.jpg

There is no age limit but for under 12s it's difficult to control as the control arms are long and the pack would be a little big for them.
Price is USD225++ per person, per 45mins (includes flying lesson). Link to the X-Jetpack website where you can find technical info about the jetpack: http://www.x-jetpacks.com/

Resort Maps
Old Map (Pre-3rd Island)
New Map (December 2014, PDF)
Aerial view (Google Maps)

Contact
• General Enquiries: mlehi.maldives@conradhotels.com
• Reservations Department: mlehi.res@conradhotels.com

Weather:
http://www.maldivesonlineguide.com/t...imate-weather/

Maintenance/Property Issues:
• Property was closed from May 15, 2014 - July 14, 2014 for completion of 3rd island which now houses staff and infrastructure
Note: During this time some, but not all BVs were refurbished
• New Cantonese restaurant named Ufaa is now open. It is situated where the old gym used to be
• New gym is above the shops on the main island, next to the library

Hotel check in time - 02:00 pm, guaranteed early check in can be arranged at the rate of one night's stay prior to the arrival.
Hotel check out time - 12 noon, guaranteed late check-out can be arranged by booking an additional night's stay.

Subaqua diving: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byqn...RicGZveWM/edit
Email: rangali.dc@subaqua-divecenter.com

Recommended hotels for overnight stay in Malé:
Hotel Jen Male (previously Traders Hotel) (4 Star, $300-$450/night)
Hotel Octave (3 Star, $100-$150/night, Excellent reviews and value for money)

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2014 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island

Print Wikipost