Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this property pretty strict about restricting club lounge access to Golds if they do not get allotted a room on the club floor? or is access always provided no matter which room Golds are in?
The access is as per hhonors rules and your keycard won't take you to the exec floor. It's been a while since I've been on a normal floor here though. If my flight arrives after 11 pm and I leave after breakfast, then it is ok anyway as the lounge closes at 11. One time I arrived earlier and realized I was on a nomal floor. I really wanted lounge access so I called down and they moved me to the exec floor! ^
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I didn't get any kind of upgrade, but was given Club access as Gold, even though I didn't have time to use it.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this property pretty strict about restricting club lounge access to Golds if they do not get allotted a room on the club floor? or is access always provided no matter which room Golds are in?
Recently I had a co-worker traveling with me and he was given EL access as a Gold with no upgrade to executive floor. It probably depends on how crowded they are.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
This is among the top 5 "best airport hotels" worldwide, IMHO. The breakfast spread was impressive. Other airport properties I like are Sheraton MXP, SkyCity (Marriott) HKG, Hilton MAD. All are modern in style and relatively new.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by allset2travel
This is among the top 5 "best airport hotels" worldwide, IMHO. The breakfast spread was impressive. Other airport properties I like are Sheraton MXP, SkyCity (Marriott) HKG, Hilton MAD. All are modern in style and relatively new.
missed the breakfast as I was on a 6 AM to AMS (connecting to SEA and ANC- loong day) but was a nice property. Upgraded to Lounge floor but checked in too late to use- wandered around the city instead. Room was very homey and quiet, was a nice 3 hour nap...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Agree! Stayed there again last week and was upgraded and given my fav room - 502. Corner room with a nice sauna in the room. The staff are always outstanding.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by DaChief
Agree! Stayed there again last week and was upgraded and given my fav room - 502. Corner room with a nice sauna in the room. The staff are always outstanding.
Does every room have a sauna? Perhaps I was too tired too tired to see it.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by beckoa
Does every room have a sauna? Perhaps I was too tired too tired to see it.
No, not every room. But a lot of hotels in Finland are like this. Several of the better rooms have saunas. Even some Holiday Inn's are like this.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by beckoa
Does every room have a sauna?
Nope, only some of rooms do. I have stayed many times there, almost always upgraded, but never got such room with sauna.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by hbush
Nope, only some of rooms do. I have stayed many times there, almost always upgraded, but never got such room with sauna.
Sorry for self-quoting but today I got (at last) upgrade to the corner room 330 with sauna. Just out of it and must say it's wonderful experience.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:47 pm

I have to say, for all those raving about the breakfast in this place, I find their scrambled eggs terrible. Runny scrambled edges made from water and some powder stuff, that is not what I expect from a Hilton. Otherwise a good breakfast buffet in the restaurant.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by hbush
Sorry for self-quoting but today I got (at last) upgrade to the corner room 330 with sauna. Just out of it and must say it's wonderful experience.
Staying in this hotel many times, especially when coming in on a late flight, always have been upgraded to Executive floor. Today, I also had a corner room with sauna - WOW! Wonderful to have the access from your bathroom.
And stressing all day, first choice of flights cancelled, this was the way to close the day!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view
I have to say, for all those raving about the breakfast in this place, I find their scrambled eggs terrible. Runny scrambled edges made from water and some powder stuff, that is not what I expect from a Hilton. Otherwise a good breakfast buffet in the restaurant.
Agree with you. The "scrambled eggs" are not made from powder, but from a ready made liquid coming in the same cartons as milk, and baked in the oven, cut in pieces with a spoon or table knife, it resembles nothing of the creamy dish the placards says it is. Although bad, it's not quite as bad as both Hiltons at LHR, where they run the egg-pudding-look-alike in mixers, resulting in soft egg granules...

The other thing bad about the breakfast at Hilton HEL is their bacon. Baked in the oven without anyone turning around the contents to make them fry equally, you get slices of bacon almost petrified black in one end, uncooked in the other.

In all other aspects, a great breakfast buffet.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy to correct on previous report. Returning after breakfast, I'm happy to report that the complaints of others and myself has resulted in some noteworthy improvements:

The scrambled eggs had a creamier consistence, although still seems to be made of the usual egg-mix. The oven baking is obviously monitored, and a fork or spoon to stir up some creaminess.

The bacon is still oven-baked, but obviously changed to hot-air oven and monitored. No petrified parts, also no uncooked.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are Diamonds usually upgraded to rooms with a sauna? Is it possible to check in early here if the rooms are available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.