Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
I stayed there in February and got my points. Very nice hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by JDiver
I Googled "Hilton Helsinki Vantaa"
Yeah, that's how I found it too in addition to the link supplied above, however you'd think it would show up when you enter Helsinki under city or HEL under airport on the Hilton website. It doesn't.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by Nicholas
I stayed there in February and got my points. Very nice hotel.
How's the weather there in February? That's exactly when I need my one-night stopover. Do you have to go outside to get from the terminal to the hotel? (The implication is you don't.) Any other details much appreciated.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
you'd think it would show up when you enter Helsinki under city or HEL under airport on the Hilton website. It doesn't.
Hmm... Works for me. The covered walkway is open in front of the terminal, don't know if there is an alternative route.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JDiver
<snip>

"Only a 3 minute walk from the airport, the contemporary Hilton Helsinki Vantaa Airport hotel can be reached directly from the terminal via a covered walkway." <snip>
How's the weather there in February? That's exactly when I need my one-night stopover. Do you have to go outside to get from the terminal to the hotel? (The implication is you don't.) Any other details much appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:48 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
You have to get outside, a "covered walkway" is not the best expression for the actual arrangement. The walk is short though. Weatherwise expect about the same as in YYZ that time of the year.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
As mentioned above there is always the Scandic "bunker" if you don't want to leave the terminal...

I would take the ~ 2 minute walk for a hotel with much more to offer- although there are some aspects of the design of this brand new hotel that echo (loudly) of the 1970s- maybe it is Finnish design?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Stayed here last week for an early morning flight out. Short walk to the terminal. I got upgraded to an Executive Plus room. It actually had a nice suana in the bathroom ^
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I've stayed here within the last year and liked it for catching an early morning flight. I was upgraded to the Executive Floor and the lounge was quite nice--free computer use if I recall correctly.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:57 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A couple of stays here, as again, and very good impression. Today had a pre paid king executive room booked. Was upgraded to executive plus with private sauna. Also the lounge is quite sufficient after 6 PM - contrary to what I read from many other Hilton lounges nowadays. The minibar and restaurant prices are quite remarkable 10€ for a glass of wine or €9 for 5 cl of vodka are quite steep. But tough competition is to follow, heading for Conrad Tokyo next...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
If you arrive late at the hotel, after the lounge closes upstairs (around 10PM, I think), they will give you a coupon (you may need to ask) for a free drink from the downstairs bar.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just tried this hotel out recently. Good rates and a very nice airport property. The only gripe is the long walk from the Blue1 gates, part of which is outdoors in sub-zero weather.

The hotel was quite full thanks to the strike, so no upgrade. But I can report that even a non-upgraded room is nice, spacious and still has the feeling of newness.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Beware of loud noise

This is really nice hotel and I stay there quite often. However now there are some construction works going on to extend the hotel and therefore loud noise sometimes. Today, Jan.14, 2011 we were waken up by extremally loud perfo-drill working on the concrete right near (maybe under) our room. Too bad because I really needed some more sleep before further flights...
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed there during a 5hr layover last week and only paid a day use rates on 79.50e arranged via email to the official email ID quoted on the hotel website. Long story but basically booked this stay to earn 2000 bmi miles and re-qualify for gold under visa signature stay 3 get to keep gold offer.

Got an exec level standard room thanks to the gold status. Enjoyed the empty exec lounge with all its offerings. No breakfast in the exec lounge in the summer, instead exec level guests can visit the restaurant downstairs and eat free breakfast there.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this property pretty strict about restricting club lounge access to Golds if they do not get allotted a room on the club floor? or is access always provided no matter which room Golds are in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.