Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Buenavista Toledo {ESP} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:19 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite

Hello FT,

Has anybody had any first hand experience of the Hilton Buenavista just opened in Toledo, Spain ?

We'll be spending 5 days in Madrid this October, and I was considering spending a night or two in Toledo. The hotel homepage however, has no pictures and there's nothing on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately the opening of the Hilton Madrid Airport has been pushed back to "during winter" according to the homepage, so that's not an option for our 1AM flight arrival anymore.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
No experience w/ the hotel, but I liked Toledo. Bummer re: the airport opening being pushed back. It's been a while but I think it's only 20 minutes from the airport to downtown Madrid if you're staying there. Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:54 am

Hmm.
I spoke to one of the empolyees at Toledo today, he was a very nice and sort of a happy person.
One can hope all the staff there are as excellent!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:34 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Buenavista Toledo Trip Reports and Reviews

We stayed at this newly opened hotel in July, using a two-night point stretcher. It is a category 5, but only because, I think, it has four floors. Everything else about it is top notch. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of town. Taxi fare from the railway station is 12E, and taxi to Plaza Zocodover is 7-8E. More about that later. Located in a very nice area, and nicely landscaped. Pretty view of the Tajo River, and in the distance the cathedral in the old town.

Upon arrival, we were well-greeted, and upgraded to a suite! (Diamond) Since the hotel was recently open, and summer is off-season in Spain, the hotel had very low occupancy, so we may have lucked out with the suite. “Regular” rooms looked very nice also.

The suite was two large rooms. Nice big fruit bowl in the living area, with two bottle waters (in GLASS bottles <g>). And there were five vases of orchids throughout the suit – all fresh. Nice isolation between the bedroom and the living area. Two big-screen TVs.

No lounge. They are opening, in the fall, a “spirits and cigar” lounge, but all that will be at a fee for anyone.

On a day sightseeing, we first inquired about a shuttle. They said they were not prepared to run one yet, but by mid-Sept they would have regular service to the main Plaza; I imagine they didn’t want to start this service until occupancy picked up. But they were very helpful with all our questions, and when they called for a taxi, one always arrived within 10 minutes. Taxi takes you to the edge of the Plaza, which then is an easy walk to anywhere you want to go in that area (it is on a hilltop). Easy to get a taxi back also.

Hotel restaurant served terrific food, but it was expensive. Ate there on our arrival evening. All other meals were in town. Did use the bar several times.

This is a "category 6 property," IMO, with the cat. 5 rating. We did not find any flaws with the hotel. And the employees were all great. Of course with so few guests, they had lots of time to be helpful. But I give it my highest recommendation.

As an aside, the hotel near the Madrid airport was due to open this summer, but that has been delayed. We did pass it heading into Madrid, and it’ll be about 10 min from the airport. Looked like a 8-10 story rectangular shaped building. Then, high-speed train runs almost hourly between Madrid and Toledo – takes 30 minutes. Cost about 14E, and any Euro or Spain rail pass is NOT valid on this route.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Sounds great. I've got a stay booked for October, and I can't wait to see if I could get lucky enough to get a suite as well (would be my first Suite upgrade after 3 years as Diamond ;-).

Can you report anything about the Spa ? Is it operating ? How big is it ? I need to manage the expectations of the missus' ...
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:16 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by raunow
Can you report anything about the Spa ? Is it operating ? How big is it ? I need to manage the expectations of the missus' ...
Mrs. Zip was also interested in the Spa. It was not open in mid-July - lots of construction dust, and lots of plastic layering. Did not ask for an official opening date, but I would expect that it would be operational by October.

Please come back and report on your stay. We may try it again, and am interested in knowing how one is treated during a busier period. But we're sure you'll enjoy the place! Good luck!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Just stayed at Hilton Buenavista Toledo last week. This was part of a vacation in and around Madrid that also took us to the Westin Palace and Sheraton Santa Maria de El Paular hotels.

Overall impression: Nice hotel. Staff needs better training.

The hotel is on the outskirts of town in an area under development, but we walked into the town center in 30-40 mins. The hotel is next to a busy road, and in rush hours the terraces can be quite noisy. For a newly built Hilton, however, it is a very beautiful hotel, and has a traditional spanish flavour to it. The grounds look good with a nice pool area (closed at this time of year).

There were not many people staying at the hotel on a wednesday in October. But even though the staff outnumbered the guests, they were not very competent. Was given an upgrade from standard to deluxe room (no Executive floor) but as Diamond I had to argue for both free breakfast and "Spouse stays free", but ended up beeing given both.

Strangely, after politely insisting on Diamond benefits while arguing with checkin ("you can only choose between one-class upgrade and free breakfast, not both") we were greeted by the hotel manager, who personally gave us a 15 min. tour of a beautiful art collection in the hotel, and some nice tips on what to do in town. Quite a mixed experience ...

However, it is a promising property and if you can find as low a price as we did (paid €106 non-refundable for a 1 person standard room without breakfast), it's a fine deal.

And the city of Toledo is very beatiful ...
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:01 pm
D&D

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold
Has anybody been here yet?

Has anybody been here yet? How is the property? How about treatment of Golds?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Considering a trip to Toledo. Any updates to this hotel? Did anyone take the train from Madrid Airport? Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Did anyone take the train from Madrid Airport?
Did this a few weeks ago: from Madrid airport (Hilton) to Toledo Hilton.

The trains to Toledo leave from the Atocha train station. We finally decided on taking a taxi from the airport to the train station, but in theory you could take the metro to “Nuevos Ministerios” and then transfer to the “Cercanias” trains that will bring you to Atocha. (I did not want to go through this with luggage…)

The trains from Madrid to Toledo run every hour or every two hours (depending on the time of the day). It takes about 30 minutes and costs around 10€.

On arrival in Toledo you could ask for the hotel shuttle to pick you up (there is a small fee for this) but we just took a taxi from the train station.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Considering a trip to Toledo.
I stayed there recently and it is a beautiful hotel. The occupancy rate is still low but the staff was great. They went out of their way to make our stay special.

I booked the Presidential Suite and it included a large terrace and jacuzzi. Upon arrival, checkin was smooth and I asked for complimentary access to the internet and was given a voucher that lasted 24 hours and would need to request another daily.

The welcome gift was 2 bottles of water (the hotel brought up additional waters daily) and various sweets which were very good. The bathroom was large and the wall facing Toledo was glass, so you could enjoy the views from the bathroom.

The rate included breakfast at the restaurant and had the usual layout as well as cook to order. We ate dinner one night and the prix fixe was €35 per person and was very good.

The shuttle was available to center city for 5 Euros. We also used taxi's which was very reasonable.

Overall, it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:26 am
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Wanted to bump this thread again. Has anybody had any positive/negative experiences with the hotel? How hard is it to get into "central toledo" from the hotel?
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Hilton Toledo, Spain Shutte to town

Does anyone know if the Hilton in Toledo, Spain has a shuttle to the old town? I know it is quite a hike to walk.

If so, how often and what times?

Sorry Shuttle is mispelled above, but do not know how to Edit Heading

Thanks

Last edited by SAPMAN; Aug 22, 2009 at 8:26 pm Reason: correction
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by gba
Wanted to bump this thread again. Has anybody had any positive/negative experiences with the hotel? How hard is it to get into "central toledo" from the hotel?
I will be there in mid Sept. No experience, but good reports. Sounds like they have a shuttle 4x per day to the Old Town -- about 2-3 miles from what I can see (which can be 10 min + I suppose).

They have some good rate with the VISA Signature card holders.

If anyone has been there --- please report...
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Does anyone know if the Hilton in Toledo, Spain has a shuttle to the old town? I know it is quite a hike to walk.

If so, how often and what times?

Sorry Shuttle is mispelled above, but do not know how to Edit Heading

Thanks
I was there in Nov of the year the opened and they did offer a shuttle but it was NOT free, there was a small fee, per person and had if I recall a very good time table, or even on demand. The Taxi ride to the oldtown was also cheap, but shuttle price was better, I wanna say 3-4 Euro per person.. But I would call the hotel.. It is worth the hassle of the taxi or shuttle, this is a very nice hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.