Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Long does it take to clean / prepare a room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:48 am
GVA
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP

Does anyone know the approximate time it takes to clean or prepare rooms for the following types:

Hilton Rooms
Deluxe Rooms
Deluxe Plus Rooms
Family Rooms
Suites

If anyone can help me out. Any answers welcome. Anything from past experiences to actual fact knowledge welcome.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 1:05 pm

I would say the average turnaround time for a room is 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Of course, the overall time depends on so many things that it's hard to give a good estimate.

I'm sort of curious why this was asked. Are you looking for an early check-in? Were you told an outrageous quote on cleaning time?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 1:16 pm
GVA
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Absolutely not.

Doing a project on the operations of a Hilton Hotel. Was wondering whether what the manager had told me met what people here witnessed.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:47 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
This article http://www.boston.com/business/artic...star_cleaning/ states 1hr 45min BUT that is for a room in the Four Seasons Boston.

For a Hilton Standard room I'd guesstimate 1hr 15min but then again some Hiltons as well as almost every other chain I've been to the time spent cleaning looked to be 5 minutes!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
I remember this article from the SF Chronicle a year ago.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGOEGA9TE1.DTL

It mentions a Marriott specifically, but it does show it's a simple mathematical calculation.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I worked at a hotel (not Hilton) in college and they targeted 26 mins per room. The rooms were similar to what I see in most Hiltons, so I would assume it is about the same. If the room attendant was able to get 1-2 more rooms in during the same period of time they would get a small bonus.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Does anyone know the approximate time it takes to clean or prepare rooms for the following types:

Hilton Rooms
Deluxe Rooms
Deluxe Plus Rooms
Family Rooms
Suites

If anyone can help me out. Any answers welcome. Anything from past experiences to actual fact knowledge welcome.
Standard room takes a bit less than 30 minutes and a deluxe room/suite about 10-15 minutes more. I have worked in 4 different hotels. Ramada, Intercontinental, Hilton and Crowne Plaza. It is the same everywhere. LUXURY hotels might give an extra 5 minutes per room. Or then there might be 2 people cleaning the room if in Asia (India, Thailand etc.)
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm lazy and not doing a search, but I think I recall a recent article saying 14 rooms per shift was expected of an Housekeeping employee. I'd imagine this information is not proprietary, and would not be so difficult to get.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:55 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
An interesting thread and an interesting question.
It would seem that the average is somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes.
Time of 1 hour and 45 minutes at the Four Seasons seems rather longer than anyone would expect.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:19 am

Most hotel chains use 33 minutes per room as the average.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
I've asked for estimates from housekeeping on many occasions and they seem to range from 30 mins to 1 hour.

I'd guess that the 30-45 min average is about right for occupied rooms and slightly more for check outs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.